What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

I think you are referring to geok tepe. Yup, there was very tough days as well.
no actually the war i was referring with russians was start in1904 or 1905 / 1935 first with imperial than later with soviet this part of history poorly written in english u should look for russian books

Did Turkmens had their own political entities in 1700s-1800s ? I guess they times to times were under control of dynasties from Iran or Central Asia but were the defenders in that battle independent ?

Did Turkmens had their own political entities in 1700s-1800s ? I guess they times to times were under control of dynasties from Iran or Central Asia but were the defenders in that battle independent ?
turkmens actually were 5/7 tribe each one has it's own history there weren't united nation until soviet union

no actually the war i was referring with russians was start in1904 or 1905 / 1935 first with imperial than later with soviet this part of history poorly written in english u should look for russian books

Yup, I know what you are talking about, bro.

turkmens actually were 5/7 tribe each one has it's own history there weren't united nation until soviet union

I was reading my book, I saw that a Yazır entity starting from late Seljuk period was almost like a little state which continued its presence well into Safavid period, becoming vassals of neighbouring states oftenly.

Book also gives good info about the origin of the Turkmens of Turkmenistan, according to it , after Seljuks defeated the Oghuz leader in the north who was their rival, Oghuz lands is divided, and many of the remaining Oghuz came to Mangyshlak and settled there, after the Mongol conquest these Turkmen in Mangyshlak were pressured and attacked by Manghuts and Kalmyks so they migrated to Khorasan, its presumed majority of the Turkmens of Turkmenistan are these Turkmens.

I was reading my book, I saw that a Yazır entity starting from late Seljuk period was almost like a little state which continued its presence well into Safavid period, becoming vassals of neighbouring states oftenly.

Book also gives good info about the origin of the Turkmens of Turkmenistan, according to it , after Seljuks defeated the Oghuz leader in the north who was their rival, Oghuz lands is divided, and many of the remaining Oghuz came to Mangyshlak and settled there, after the Mongol conquest these Turkmen in Mangyshlak were pressured and attacked by Manghuts and Kalmyks so they migrated to Khorasan, its presumed majority of the Turkmens of Turkmenistan are these Turkmens.
well i cant help u with this the orgion of turkmens in turkmenistan is unkown to me too but when i search for it i realized almost all the turkmen tribes are sub tirbe of salgur tribe of oghuz (the salar people in china and the salar tribe of iraqi turkmen are along with salgur of azerbijan and turkey are common in origin ) yet there are some little tribes with unknown origin

well i cant help u with this the orgion of turkmens in turkmenistan is unkown to me too but when i search for it i realized almost all the turkmen tribes are sub tirbe of salgur tribe of oghuz (the salar people in china and the salar tribe of iraqi turkmen are along with salgur of azerbijan and turkey are common in origin ) yet there are some little tribes with unknown origin

Well Salur was one of the mighty tribes.

Did you know about the origin of Ersarı ? the story of historical character where the name of tribe comes from. He was one of the grand grandsons of a guy named Ogurchyk Alp, who was a descend of Salur Kazan(mentioned in Dede Korkut), Ogurchyk Alp has an interesting story, he fought againts Kangly(presumed to be part of Kipchaks).

Prof. Dr. Faruk Sümer's book "Oğuzlar" is a very detailed and accurate source, its gives large amount of info for Oğuz people including Turkmens of Turkmenistan, from tribal structures to history, numbers and social life.

Did you know about the origin of Ersarı ? the story of historical character where the name of tribe comes from. He was one of the grand grandsons of a guy named Ogurchyk Alp, who was a descend of Salur Kazan(mentioned in Dede Korkut), Ogurchyk Alp has an interesting story, he fought againts Kangly(presumed to be part of Kipchaks).

Prof. Dr. Faruk Sümer's book "Oğuzlar" is a very detailed and accurate source, its gives large amount of info for Oğuz people including Turkmens of Turkmenistan, from tribal structures to history, numbers and social life.
wow u know far much than me :D i will be very glad to read that book tell me more about us

Targon.... you know this much and not helping me.... :hitwall:

Mate, you are in summer holiday now.. Why don't you help me to develop this family tree ?

ads%C4%B1z-jpg.18030

wow u know far much than me :D i will be very glad to read that book tell me more about us

Turkmens in Mangyshlak were pretty much independent until Khwrezmshahs, they fought againts them and defeated then lost their political entity and became their subjects(when this happened Seljuks were still alive).

Main tribes, Yomut, Ersarı, Teke, Göklen, Oklu etc. has centuries of old history.

In Safavid period, there was a leader of Oklu tribe called "Aba", he was young, handsome and brave, when he went to greet the new governor of Astarabad(?), govenor fell in love with him(homo) :D he revolted, he caused some good damage to Safavids, they had to send a considerable army to defeated Aba, but this army is defeated by Aba and his allies from Khwarezm, unfortunately shortly after that, he's married to a women from Astarabad, and a relative of woman killed him in his tent.

In 1600s Kalmyks f.cked up everywhere, all sources mentions them as crazy people, some says they were even cannibals, when they came from east pillaging everywhere, they raped the Nogai Horde(Manguts) even though Nogays were more numerous, Nogays fled west, before that Nogays were raiding Turkmens in Mangyshlak, after that Kalmyks attacked Mangyshlak, remaining Turkmens fled so hard according to some sources it took 3 years for these refugees to even build proper tents.

Turkmens in Mangyshlak were pretty much independent until Khwrezmshahs, they fought againts them and defeated then lost their political entity and became their subjects(when this happened Seljuks were still alive).

Main tribes, Yomut, Ersarı, Teke, Göklen, Oklu etc. has centuries of old history.

In Safavid period, there was a leader of Oklu tribe called "Aba", he was young, handsome and brave, when he went to greet the new governor of Astarabad(?), govenor fell in love with him(homo) :D he revolted, he caused some good damage to Safavids, they had to send a considerable army to defeated Aba, but this army is defeated by Aba and his allies from Khwarezm, unfortunately shortly after that, he's married to a women from Astarabad, and a relative of woman killed him in his tent.

Are you reading tarih-i alem ara-yi abbasi? :D

Back
Top Bottom