What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Suleiman the Magnificien at hunt
1553-Suleyman_hunting_with_Selim-Suleymanname.jpg~original

That's nice, but why are the poems in Persian? Do you know the artist by any chance?

@Serpentine

If I'm not wrong it was Matrakçı Nasuh, a Bosniak. Although I didn't knew he wrote in Persian, are you sure its not just highly Persianized ? influence of Persian was changing from artist to artist, work to work.

@Armstrong

Copycats :D 100 Turkic horsemen would destroy 10 000 Pakistani horsemen :D

@Serpentine

If I'm not wrong it was Matrakçı Nasuh, a Bosniak. Although I didn't knew he wrote in Persian, are you sure its not just highly Persianized ? influence of Persian was changing from artist to artist, work to work.

No I'm sure it's Persian. Perhaps the reason is what you said, because miniature art used in Ottoman era was heavily influenced by Persian miniature and many poems/artists or even kings of Ottoman empire could speak both Turkish and Persian fluently or write poems in the language.

PS: I found the link from which you post the pics, accidentally, I demand 1000 dollars not to expose it. :D

@Serpentine
Yeah may be, but its still weird since as far as I know this guy was mainly writing in Turkish, even translating from other languages to Turkish. Poetry usually had more foreign words in it then plain texts but directly writing in Persian suprised me.

Here is a potato instead :D
POTATO.jpg

@Serpentine

@Armstrong

Copycats :D 100 Turkic horsemen would destroy 10 000 Pakistani horsemen :D
:lol: :tup:

@Serpentine
Yeah may be, but its still weird since as far as I know this guy was mainly writing in Turkish, even translating from other languages to Turkish. Poetry usually had more foreign words in it then plain texts but directly writing in Persian suprised me.

Here is a potato instead :D
POTATO.jpg

Poets regularly used Persian for some of their works since it was the most widely used language for literature in the region. Maybe that's the reason.

Thanks, the potato will suffice I think. You can have fun posting more pics from the link, I won't ruin it. :P

@Serpentine I checked, appearently this work of his was in Turkish, I guess he just added some couplets in Persian at pics.

Siege of Szigetvar, horse tail Tughs in front of tent
688px-Szigetv%C3%A1r_before_the_siege.jpg

Bayezid II and his brother Cem fighting each other, from European source
Caoursin-ORUD-21v.jpg~original

Mamelukes
Arabe2824-28r.jpg

Last edited:
Friends i saw all the foods pictures are seems to be delicious and healthy. Healthy food makes healthy mind i loved to if some receipies u like most share with us means pakistanis

Bal Kaymak(Honey+Kaimak) especially this foods crceipie

Friends i saw all the foods pictures are seems to be delicious and healthy. Healthy food makes healthy mind i loved to if some receipies u like most share with us means pakistanis
If there is something that caught your eyes, you can ask that specific picture, then we can try to find the recipe in English or translate it.

Back
Top Bottom