What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Кобычев пишет: «значительная часть азербайджанцев в XIX в.вела кочевой или полукочевой образ жизни». По некоторым свидетельствам в Закавказье в то время насчитывалось около 200 тысяч кочевников. Именно они представляли собой потомков тюрок – огузов и, частично, кыпчаков, вторгшихся на Кавказ в 11 веке и принесших совершенно иной уклад жизни на эту территорию.

Kobychev writes: " a significant part of Azerbaijanis in XIX v.vela nomadic or semi-nomadic way of life." According to some accounts in the Transcaucasia at the time , there were about 200,000 nomads (in 19th century). They represented the descendants of Turks - Oghuz and partially Kipchaks, invaded the Caucasus in the 11th century and brought a completely different way of life to the territory.

A tent of Azerbaijani nomads in Shamakha.

mtOYTJn.jpg

Last edited:
@Targon

Do you have a figure about the number of Turkic nomads (Yörüks) in Anatolia during 19th century? Just curious.

According to the figures of Russian Empire, in 19th century Azerbaijani Turks numbered approx. 1 million in Transcaucasia, 200 thousand being nomads. This of course was in 19th century, when sedentarization was already underway since few centuries.

Last edited:
@ASQ-1918

I had, but the book is back at home.

It was easily over 100k thats all I can say for now. at 19th century before forcefully settling nomads, Anatolia and North Syria was crawling with them, Ottomans even formed special military forces to settle them.

Kobychev writes: " a significant part of Azerbaijanis in XIX v.vela nomadic or semi-nomadic way of life." According to some accounts in the Transcaucasia at the time , there were about 200,000 nomads (in 19th century). They represented the descendants of Turks - Oghuz and partially Kipchaks, invaded the Caucasus in the 11th century and brought a completely different way of life to the territory.

A tent of Azerbaijani nomads in Shamakha.

mtOYTJn.jpg

I like @Kaan's hut from Zimbabwe more

ISIL dont want to mess with Turkey..

I wish nomadic culture in Anatolia was preserved better.

At countries like for example Turkmenistan, where majority and ruling class was also nomads, nomadic culture was rich and stronger with solid traditions due to presence of upper class nomads, but in Anatolia, nomads are bullied, forced to scatter or settle, restricted to certain areas, they didn't had unity and ended up as simple families of goat herders with relatively more primitive culture. best example is comparison between a Central Asian tent and a Yörük tent.

I wish nomadic culture in Anatolia was preserved better.

At countries like for example Turkmenistan, where majority and ruling class was also nomads, nomadic culture was rich and stronger with solid traditions due to presence of upper class nomads, but in Anatolia, nomads are bullied, forced to scatter or settle, restricted to certain areas, they didn't had unity and ended up as simple families of goat herders with relatively more primitive culture. best example is comparison between a Central Asian tent and a Yörük tent.
dude first thing highlighted when i see your tent was the size of your tents your tents was much smaller than i expect i see the azerbijanis tent ,their tent is almost same as ours but it's roof look weird i look all internet to show our tent but i can't find it damn our roof is little different we use our carpet for roof :D

That tent I posted is not so common, its known with a tribe called Bekdik, may be more tribes used it before the forced settlement at 19th century, I don't know, as I said after the 19th century other then some written things I think most of the richness and details of the nomad culture gone.

Yörük tents are usually like this, it can be bigger, smaller, a bit more decent or vastly poor
konaklama23.jpg

I guess tents like that one from Azerbaijan also used.

That tent I posted is not so common, its known with a tribe called Bekdik, may be more tribes used it before the forced settlement at 19th century, I don't know, as I said after the 19th century other then some written things I think most of the richness and details of the nomad culture gone.

Yörük tents are usually like this, it can be bigger, smaller, a bit more decent or vastly poor
konaklama23.jpg

I guess tents like that one from Azerbaijan also used.
:D here just like you every tribe has it's own tent this is great we have a lot of similarity i need do some search about our tents i ill inform you after that

a%25C5%259Firetler.jpg

In the other hand found this
amu_229.jpg

O_131.jpg
i cant see your pic i ill see it later with proxy

Wtf with Iran banning image sites ? :D
:rofl: dude i can say only handful of websites are opens the rest is bannd . sits like YouTube facebook TW hurriyet all news . it's impossible to watch videos in internet with out proxy and this is the good part of it cuz movie sits like HBO and even game sites like total war center is filter here and if you wanna laugh more if you go to emma stone or megan fox wiki page or write blonde in Google you will see the page is blocked ! :rofl::omghaha:

idk who is in charge of filtering but he/she is real A$$ hole :pissed: if you wanna use internet you have too use proxy ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom