What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Taliban militants kills 3 border guards of Turkmenistan - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency

last week i shared news about Turkmenistan trying to negotiate with taliban. seems taliban isn't in the mood to negotiate.
when some stupid coward rule turkmenistan all these completely are predictable instead of preparing air force for these situation they almost disband air force they need TAI anka for scouting border and gathering info , they need T-129 to kill these terrorist they should buy 100 helicopters and use otokar cobra instead of UAZ-469 for border guarding they should double the out post and border guard and make jets fly for 24 air support for several Month . they trying make pace with these terrorist probably giving money,food and things they needs but i fear taliban wants turkmen women become more islamic ! i read some bad news about it damn ...
i wish i was ruler of turkmenistan damn i will kill these afghan one day

UAZ-469 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

if anything, i wish Turkey could assist the Turkic countries more by passing our experience with combating terrorists to our brothers. plus some material help would be great too. it would also allow us to train more personnel using anka in real situations. win-win. Turkic countries really should start acting according to 'my bro's pain is our pain' instead of saying '1 people, 2 states' and then doing nothing at all :disagree:

if anything, i wish Turkey could assist the Turkic countries more by passing our experience with combating terrorists to our brothers. plus some material help would be great too. it would also allow us to train more personnel using anka in real situations. win-win. Turkic countries really should start acting according to 'my bro's pain is our pain' instead of saying '1 people, 2 states' and then doing nothing at all :disagree:
Typical brothers no one wants to look weaker then the other brother this is what broke the neck of all Turco-Mongolic Empires

ok can any one give me summary of what turkey is able to do for turkmenistan army and i mean gimme best option of turkish made military equipment

ok can any one give me summary of what turkey is able to do for turkmenistan army and i mean gimme best option of turkish made military equipment
Given the recent attacks on the turkmen border guards the Kirpi or Cobra seems like a realistic option Turkmenistan might go with. Other than that not much except for a few night vision scopes and that sort of thing. Remember the dictator over their looks at the military as a large body guard so he will only buy what is needed such as those Turkish mrtp 33 patrol boats.

Tatar Tactics

According to Giles Fletcher (the elder) the Tatars would split into several groups, attack one or two places on the border and then direct their main attack to another place that had been left undefended. They fought in small groups. They would sometimes mount straw dummies on their spare horses to make themselves appear more numerous. According to Jacques Margeret 20–30,000 Tatar horsemen would attack the main Russian force while other troops would devastate the Russian lands and return without suffering much damage. They deliberately spread false rumors about their strength and plans. The French engineer Beauplan, who had participated in the war against them, gave a good description of Tatar tactics in the 1630s and 1640s in what is now Ukraine. He said that the Tatars looked oriental and could be easily distinguished form the Russians and Poles. A Tatar horseman was armed with a saber, bow and quiver with 18–20 arrows. On his belt was a knife, an awl and an flint for making fires. He also carried 10 or 12 yards of rope to tie up prisoners. They were skilled horsemen and each man usually had two spare horses. When crossing a river they loaded their clothing and equipment on a light raft, tied it to a horse and crossed the river swimming, holding on to the horse's mane. Both large and small groups raided in summer. Winter raids were rare, but always involved large numbers of warriors. When they reached a populated area groups of several hundred split off from the main body. These spread out through the countryside and surrounded villages. So that no one would escape at night they lit large fires. They then robbed, burned and slaughtered and carried away not only men, women and children, but bulls, cows, goats and sheep.

Scientists from Turkic world to compete in 'Science Olympics'

Scientific works by students aged between 11 and 15 in invention and design categories will take part in the olympiad.
World Bulletin / News Desk

Young scientists from all across the Turkic countries will compete in the 'Turkic World Science Olympics' in central Turkey on May 8-10.

Scientific projects from students aged between 11 and 15 will be entered into categorıes for invention and design, and will take part in the olympiad, held as part of a wider series of 'Cultural Capital of the Turkic World' organizations.

The title is currently held by the central Turkish city of Eskisehir.

The 'Cultural Capital' agency organizes the olympics in cooperation with the Turkish Volunteer Teachers Association.

Speaking at the press conference introducing the event, the project coordinator, Ibrahim Erdogan, said the idea of being a scientist takes roots more strongly if it emerges in a person's early years.

"That is why the organization targets elementary and middle school students," he said.

A total amount of TRY 28,000 ($12,500) will be distributed as prize money.

The committee will receive applications until March 31 through its website: www.tdbo.org/en.

Contestants will provide frontal, upper and lateral photos of their projects’ prototype models, drawings and projects reports if available.

Projects will also be broadcasted on Turkey's state-run broadcaster TRT in Turkey and other national TV channels in Turkic countries.

The countries featured in the organization are: Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Moldova and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, as well as federal Russian republics of Tatarstan and Altai.
Scientists from Turkic world to compete in 'Science Olympics' | Science & Technology | Worldbulletin News

Scientists from Turkic world to compete in 'Science Olympics'

Scientific works by students aged between 11 and 15 in invention and design categories will take part in the olympiad.
World Bulletin / News Desk

Young scientists from all across the Turkic countries will compete in the 'Turkic World Science Olympics' in central Turkey on May 8-10.

Scientific projects from students aged between 11 and 15 will be entered into categorıes for invention and design, and will take part in the olympiad, held as part of a wider series of 'Cultural Capital of the Turkic World' organizations.

The title is currently held by the central Turkish city of Eskisehir.

The 'Cultural Capital' agency organizes the olympics in cooperation with the Turkish Volunteer Teachers Association.

Speaking at the press conference introducing the event, the project coordinator, Ibrahim Erdogan, said the idea of being a scientist takes roots more strongly if it emerges in a person's early years.

"That is why the organization targets elementary and middle school students," he said.

A total amount of TRY 28,000 ($12,500) will be distributed as prize money.

The committee will receive applications until March 31 through its website: www.tdbo.org/en.

Contestants will provide frontal, upper and lateral photos of their projects’ prototype models, drawings and projects reports if available.

Projects will also be broadcasted on Turkey's state-run broadcaster TRT in Turkey and other national TV channels in Turkic countries.

The countries featured in the organization are: Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Bosnia&Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Moldova and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, as well as federal Russian republics of Tatarstan and Altai.
Scientists from Turkic world to compete in 'Science Olympics' | Science & Technology | Worldbulletin News
great news indead:enjoy:

Turkey building biggest mosque in Central Asia
cami1-1.jpg

Turkey's Religious Affairs Ministry is working to complete what will be the biggest mosque in Central Asia, in the capital city of Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek.

Work on the 70 meter-high mosque began in March 2012, and is now approaching completion. Built on a land of 5 acres, the mosque covers a space of 1,300 square meters and will have four minarets, two of which are almost finished.

The mosque will also cater for a mufti's office, an ablution area and a car park for 800 cars.

It is expected to be complete by 2015.

Why are we building "biggest mosque" in Central Asia ? by we I mean Religious Affairs, if it was a private foundation, I would understand but that stupid Religious affairs is wasting tax money on "biggest mosques" at foreign countries.

Building "biggest mosque" will not help it, but as AKP is pretty obsessed with wasting money on ultra big mosques, no suprise.

Islam wil not only counter Russian influence, but also nationalist movements.

Back
Top Bottom