What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

Afshars and Qajars did not come from Anatolia. From your list, I can name Ustajlu, Rumlu, Zulqadir that came from Anatolia. The Shamlu tribe did come from Syria as the name suggests.
You are right about Ustajlu, Rumlu, Zulghadr, and Shamlu. But, I am pretty sure that many Afshars have came from anatolia. even in the late Safavid times. Qajars were living in both eastern anatolia and Azerbaijan, but all of Qajars moved to azerbaijan, (and then later some of Qajars moved to Gorgan, and Khurasan) in Safavid era. ;)
PS. I am not sure about Shamlu's origin either, I know their name consists of the word Sham, but still, I am not sure that they came from anatolia or syria. :-)

Afshars and Qajars did not come from Anatolia. From your list, I can name Ustajlu, Rumlu, Zulqadir that came from Anatolia. The Shamlu tribe did come from Syria as the name suggests.

I wonder if Zulqasir = Dulkadir

Beylik of Dulkadir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a friend from Dulkadir tribe, He used to say, they were the only Beylik which hadn't been send to exile after their destruction by Ottomans

Last edited by a moderator:
Also i have heard that karagözlü(gharaghozlu) tribe are living in hamedan
Yes, you are right. They mainly live between Hamedan and Arak ;)
BTW, West/East Azerbaijan, Ardabil, Zanjan, Qazvin, Hamedan and many parts of Arak(Markazi) provinces are Azerbaijani region ;)

Afshars were and are the most numerous Oghuz tribe, their presence in Anatolia and Azerbaijan were in equal sizes. In north, Azerbaijanis from Karabakh are of Afshar origin. In south, Urmia, most of Mughan tribes, some of Qaradagh tribes are Afshars. As for Qajars, their main presence was always in Transcaucasia. And yes, "Zulqadir" is the same Dulqadir.

@rmi5 @ASQ-1918

Shamlu, as name suggests from Syria
Rumlu, obvious
Takkalu, Teke region ? because I know that some from Teke region went to Iran as well.
Zolghadr, obvious
Gharamanlu, Karaman Beylik/region ?
Aghajeri, These guys are recorded in Anatolia for some time, but not sure if they were only in Anatolia, they probably went to Iran.
Ustajlu, don't know about them but you guys said from Anatolia
Bayat, there were Bayats in Syria and eastern Anatolia, they might be these guys, or just another branch.

I don't remember anything about Qajars, but at least some of the Afshars might be from Anatol,a, or whole I don't know.

@Targon

Those Qaramanlus are different. They were part of Qara-Qoyunlu confederation and dwelled in Transcaucasia. The name comes from Qaraman Bey, the ruler of Barda and Ganja during Qara Qoyunlu period.

Bayats had several branches in Azerbaijan, so they were already present.

About Afshars, see my comment above.

Last edited:
Yeah possible.

Even if not whole, some of them have to be from Anatolia, as many of them went to Iran as well.

Afshars? Yes, very likely. But they had a strong presence in Iran-Azerbaijan aswell. Generally, they were among the most numerous Oghuz tribes.

Back
Top Bottom