What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

The Government of Kazakhstan is working on a legislation to ban the use of headscarves and burqas by Muslim women in public spaces, reports said Saturday.

The Kazakh Religious Affairs Minister Nurlan Ermekbayev has reportedly told Sputnik that they are working on a draft law to prohibit headscarves and burqa, and that the law is necessary for the country's future.

70 percent of the Central Asian country is Muslim, while 24.7 percent of the population consists of Orthodox Christians.

In April, the Kazakh government announced that citizens convicted of membership in Daesh terrorist group will be stripped of their citizenship.

Burqa and headscarf is frequently discussed in European countries, on neutrality and integration grounds.

Austria was the latest country in Europe to ban the use of burqas.

The Government of Kazakhstan is working on a legislation to ban the use of headscarves and burqas by Muslim women in public spaces, reports said Saturday.

The Kazakh Religious Affairs Minister Nurlan Ermekbayev has reportedly told Sputnik that they are working on a draft law to prohibit headscarves and burqa, and that the law is necessary for the country's future.

70 percent of the Central Asian country is Muslim, while 24.7 percent of the population consists of Orthodox Christians.

In April, the Kazakh government announced that citizens convicted of membership in Daesh terrorist group will be stripped of their citizenship.

Burqa and headscarf is frequently discussed in European countries, on neutrality and integration grounds.

Austria was the latest country in Europe to ban the use of burqas.

What do you feel about this development? any Kazakh member here?

Personally i feel govt should not decide whether people should have beard or not or how women should dress.

Bloody munafiqoon are everywhere these days...

i feel great, it was about time they are protecting their culture from the arabs.

They might as well just leave Islam if they hate having anything in common with the Arabs.

Some people just don't understand

Religion is the easiest way to **** up a country. Pump in dollars worth of propaganda, install a puppet government which everyone will obey because they're Islamist, then either keep them as vassal state or fund rebels to destroy it. Either scenario is a win for America.

There's a reason why majority Muslim countries that are doing the best, are also the ones that are secular. However sometimes secularism just isn't enough. Sometimes you have to clear any trace of religion.

Why? Because the west will use it against you. They've been using Islamist's to destroy countries for a long time. Wake up. I'd rather Islamist's be angry at the ban, then to thrive and eventually be used as a political tool.

Well done Kazakhstan. I bet you've pissed off the US.

If they want to be assimilated by Russians...
Soon they also forbid to be turkish in kazakhstan.
Stupid putin dogs.
I knew lots of Kazakstan people.
They do not like Russia as well as Arabs.
Kazakstan has taken lots of measures to eliminate the Russian footprint the Soviet Union left them.
Meanwhile, they keep a vigilant eye on radical islam as well.
Kazakstan is a pride nation. Some of them look down upon on Arabs ,due to the mess in ME.
They want to be neither Russian Kazan nor Arab Kazan.

People could not know that Kazan used to be the fourth strongest nuclear power only after US,Russia, Ukraine at the time Soviet Union collapsed.
A lot of Kazakstan youth are missing the vast nuclear weapons they gave up during 1990s.

Last edited:
Good move by Kazakhstan.

I think banning Burqa is alright, but banning headscarves won't be necessary.

this will lead some part of society to radicalism ...
No. Kazakstan is different from Arab countries.
Firstly, they are very proud of their history and their race, which is similar with Persian in the respect.
Secondly, they are so proud that they want to be advanced and industrialized nation.
Thirdly, their government has controlled the country efficiently.

Good move by Kazakhstan.

I think banning Burqa is alright, but banning headscarves won't be necessary.
I think it is the Arabian style of headscarf not their traditional one being banned.

Furthermore, IMO, its not only Kazan but other former Soviet Union republics of middle asian have also taken some steps to ban the spread of some symbols related to Arab Islam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom