What's new

Turkic - Anatolian Music

But @telkon is a Kyrgyz he lived in Kyrgyzstan back then, he came later to Turkey for studying, i dont think he could speak Turkish backthen, am i right telkon? :-)
After all, Azerbaijanis, turkish people, Kyrgyz, ... are all Turkic people. But, I didn't know if the Kyrgyz language is close to Azeri or not. I assumed @telkon is from Turkey based on his flag. BTW, @telkon , how much Kyrgyz language is mutually intelligible with Azeri, and Turkish?

After all, Azerbaijanis, turkish people, Kyrgyz, ... are all Turkic people. But, I didn't know if the Kyrgyz language is close to Azeri or not. I assumed @telkon is from Turkey based on his flag. BTW, @telkon , how much Kyrgyz language is mutually intelligible with Azeri, and Turkish?

with turkish it's like 15 %, with azeri it's 25-30 % i think. turkish has too many foreign words (be it western or persian, arabic). but if some rural anatolian turk and rural kyrgyz would meet, i'm sure they'll understand each other very well, in contrast to their urbanised counterparts :)

with turkish it's like 15 %, with azeri it's 25-30 % i think. turkish has too many foreign words (be it western or persian, arabic). but if some rural anatolian turk and rural kyrgyz would meet, i'm sure they'll understand each other very well, in contrast to their urbanised counterparts :)

Very Interesting. Thanks for elaboration. :-)

Urban Turkish and local dialects are very different.

For example in my home region they use

Çimmek= Bath
Yuğmak= Wash(Face)
Keler= Lizard

And many others which are not in urban dialect, there are many others but can't quite remember now.

Btw Telkon I didn't know you were Kyrgyz, I guess you're Kyrgyzystan Kyrgyz, not Ulu Pamir Kyrgyz right ? you seem to adopted here quite fine :D did you had the change to listen or speak to people with local dialects ?

Urban Turkish and local dialects are very different.

For example in my home region they use

Çimmek= Bath
Yuğmak= Wash(Face)
Keler= Lizard

And many others which are not in urban dialect, there are many others but can't quite remember now.

Btw Telkon I didn't know you were Kyrgyz, I guess you're Kyrgyzystan Kyrgyz, not Ulu Pamir Kyrgyz right ? you seem to adopted here quite fine :D did you had the change to listen or speak to people with local dialects ?

mate, i'm not from ulu pamir kyrgyz. but i've been living in turkey for almost 20 years :D i can even imitate kurd's turkish and make people believe i'm from diyarbakır :D i had numerous encounters with people who use local dialects. and that was quite amazing :) they really speak language which is much closer to my mother language.

What does average Kyrgyz thinks about Turkey and Turks ?

What does average Kyrgyz thinks about Turkey and Turks ?

people like turkey and turks. we share same roots, same language, same culture. but of course there are some who think you're just a bunch of arabicized people and communists think you're bunch of turanists who want to assimilate us :D

people like turkey and turks. we share same roots, same language, same culture. but of course there are some who think you're just a bunch of arabicized people and communists think you're bunch of turanists who want to assimilate us :D
I have a question since you know Kyrgyz and Turkish society, who is more Nationalistic, Turks or Kyrgyz?

I have a question since you know Kyrgyz and Turkish society, who is more Nationalistic, Turks or Kyrgyz?

right now, turks are more nationalistic. i think that's because of akp's policies towards you know who. but in general kyrgyz are more nationalistic in my opinion. we are underdeveloped country and we need some pride to attach to.

we are underdeveloped country and we need some pride to attach to.
With all due respect, i dont think Nationalism has something to do with beeing developed or not, people from USA for exsample are also considered as Nationalistic.

With all due respect, i dont think Nationalism has something to do with beeing developed or not, people from USA for exsample are also considered as Nationalistic.
check us, we are poor country, we are nothing close to Turkish development but it does affect our Nationalistic view.

they should be considered as patriots. and they're somewhat arrogant which stems from their "usa strong!" pride. in my view, nationalism is something that people use to cover their more urgent needs and desires that they can't attain. do not mix nationalism with patriotism. turks are more patriots than nationalists in my eyes. patriotism is a merit while nationalism is a demerit. nationalism has the tendency to marginalise other ethnic groups. of course, that's my personal view.

they should be considered as patriots. and they're somewhat arrogant which stems from their "usa strong!" pride. in my view, nationalism is something that people use to cover their more urgent needs and desires that they can't attain. do not mix nationalism with patriotism. turks are more patriots than nationalists in my eyes. patriotism is a merit while nationalism is a demerit. nationalism has the tendency to marginalise other ethnic groups. of course, that's my personal view.
Nationalism in Turkey is different.
Many Kurds in MHP(Nationalist party).

Back
Top Bottom