What's new

Turkic - Anatolian Music

:tup:
Exactly right.

Actually this song is one of our folklore songs in Azerbaijan.
I found this lyric in the internet, and modified its translation a little bit:

Küçələrə su səpmişəm,
Yar gələndə toz olmasın.
Elə gəlsin, elə getsin,
Aramızda söz olmasın.

I have thrown water into the alley,
My beloved is coming, so I don't want any dust to be there, (and bother her).
Let her come, let her go,
But let there not be words between us.

BTW, do you guys know Reshid Behbudov? He was one of our greatest singers.(Classic Genre)
Not many people know him,including myself.
Maybe the older generation does.

Not many people know him,including myself.
Maybe the older generation does.

Actually older generations are usually more interested in classical and folklore musics. So, I guess they will have more information about him.

:tup:

BTW, do you guys know Reshid Behbudov? He was one of our greatest singers.(Classic Genre)

i remember watching him in soviet tv in 89 or 90. he was singing in azerbaijani language and i said to myself "wow, what language is it? i can understand him!" i asked my father and he said that his and our language were something like cousins :) that was the day when i learnt about turkic peoples.

i remember watching him in soviet tv in 89 or 90. he was singing in azerbaijani language and i said to myself "wow, what language is it? i can understand him!" i asked my father and he said that his and our language were something like cousins :) that was the day when i learnt about turkic peoples.

:-)
Azerbaijani is 90% mutually intelligible with Turkish. I think they are the most closest turkic languages to each other.
BTW, He has some songs in non-turkic languages as well, and he has performed in many different countries. I like many of his works, specially the classical and Azerbaijani folklore ones.
It seems that most members are more interested in Pop music, ... but, If you are interested in classical genre and folklore music as well, as I am personally interested in them, I can suggest you that Alim Qasimov has performed some beautiful classical Azeri songs as well. This one is an example of the old traditional Azeri musics:

PS. Thanks for your nice shared video ;)

Azerbaijani is 90% mutually intelligible with Turkish. I think they are the most closest turkic languages to each other.
BTW, He has some songs in non-turkic languages as well, and he has performed in many different countries.
But @telkon is a Kyrgyz he lived in Kyrgyzstan back then, he came later to Turkey for studying, i dont think he could speak Turkish backthen, am i right telkon? :-)

:-)
BTW, He has some songs in non-turkic languages as well, and he has performed in many different countries. I like many of his works, specially the classical and Azerbaijani folklore ones.
It seems that most members are more interested in Pop music, ... but, If you are interested in classical genre and folklore music as well, as I am personally interested in them, I can suggest you that Alim Qasimov has performed some beautiful classical Azeri songs as well. This one is an example of the old traditional Azeri musics:

PS. Thanks for your nice shared video ;)

normally i only listen to western classical music and folk music esp. black sea folk songs and old school performers like kazancı bedih and aşık veysel. i don't like pop music, be it western or turkish.
afaik, reshid behbudov performed live in iran and was über popular. i know that he sang georgian songs. and thanks, i'm gonna give alim qasimov a try :)

P.S. i'm kyrgyz, not turkish :)

edit: yup @xenon54 back then i didn' know turkish :)

Back
Top Bottom