What's new

Featured Turkey’s National Fighter, TFX/MMU, will roll out in 18 March 2023

How strong is the possibility of TFX carrying a Russian engine in the future?

The first prototype of the TFX is planned to roll out of hangar in 18 March 2023 with and turn on its engines. The first flight is planned for two years later after ground tests have been completed.
The date of 18 March is important for Turkey because it symbolizes Turkey’s independence and victory in the Gallipoli War, the year 2023 is also highly symbolic because it is the centennial of the Turkish Republic.

@cabatli_53 bro the TFX thread is locked. Could I ask why, and when it will be unlocked?

Nice timing:cheers:

TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine for T-129 Attack Helicopter
TRMOTOR Turbofan Engine for TFX Fighter Jet

Turkiye has enough technology to own its Engines but needs more time

8-10 years for TRMOTOR Turbofan Engine

TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine for T-129/T-629 Attack Helicopters and T-625 Utility Helicopter
S99S6H.jpg

TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine for T-129 Attack Helicopter
TRMOTOR Turbofan Engine for TFX Fighter Jet

Turkiye has enough technology to own its Engines but needs more time

8-10 years for TRMOTOR Turbofan Engine

TEI TS-1400 Turboshaft Engine for T-129/T-629 Attack Helicopters and T-625 Utility Helicopter
S99S6H.jpg
I'm not sure Turkey will be able to develop an engine for the T-FX sir, the Chinese have a hard time developing their engines to modern standards with much more funding and more experience. We shall see whether this can happen or not.

I'm not sure Turkey will be able to develop an engine for the T-FX sir, the Chinese have a hard time developing their engines to modern standards with much more funding and more experience. We shall see whether this can happen or not.

I think that Turkey has a better access to existing technology and partners compared to China. Turkish engineers have been involved in many projects abroad, maybe we somehow managed to get that talent back. But otherwise I dont have any idea and just hope for the best.

First batches will most likely have a bigger foreign percentage, than the later stages. What is important is that we get maybe a partner onboard to share the burden. Afaik there were talks with other countries about a partnership but nothing concrete.

In engine field, Turkey is planning to use national engines (after 2030) on TF-X fighters and I believe RR will get the big share on budget allocated for engine development. The TF-X engine program (that will have a thrust up to 30000lb each) have a seperate budget than TF-X and It is around 3 billion$. The official channels haven’t given any info about the likely deal or extent of cooperation or schedule of program yet.
Engine costs of different fighter programs
73ADCECB-AACA-4E0B-A071-41D1AF693F96.jpeg

I think that Turkey has a better access to existing technology and partners compared to China. Turkish engineers have been involved in many projects abroad, maybe we somehow managed to get that talent back. But otherwise I dont have any idea and just hope for the best.

First batches will most likely have a bigger foreign percentage, than the later stages. What is important is that we get maybe a partner onboard to share the burden. Afaik there were talks with other countries about a partnership but nothing concrete.
Let's hope so, I wish the best for Turkish engine program.

In engine field, Turkey is planning to use national engines (after 2030) on TF-X fighters and I believe RR will get the big share on budget allocated for engine development. The TF-X engine program (that will have a thrust up to 30000lb each) have a seperate budget than TF-X and It is around 3 billion$. The official channels haven’t given any info about the likely deal or extent of cooperation or schedule of program yet.
Engine costs of different fighter programs
View attachment 658285

As far as I know, RR only want to cooperate with Kale.

Back
Top Bottom