What's new

Featured Turkey’s National Fighter, TFX/MMU, will roll out in 18 March 2023

F16 still dominating skies even today with occasional avionics upgrades. beautiful fighter.

Even the design and mock up of TFX I must admit looks sleek and beautiful.

anyone know if it is still rolling out on this date?
18th of March has symbolic meaning so I'm sure nobody is going to want to delay but nobody here can say for sure.

Lol, finally, i have worked in this project...but couldn't say anything since there was confidentiality on the papers.
And they banned you so we can't ask anything.

You really should bring this man back. @WebMaster @waz

F16 still dominating skies even today with occasional avionics upgrades. beautiful fighter.

Indonesia has refurbish and upgrade program for its 10 F16 A/B and soon likely we will refurbish and upgrade our 23 F16 C/D as our Planning Minister has agreed, waiting our Finance Minister approval. Even Indonesia has similar program for our Sukhoi and Hawk squadron. Those old fighters will likely operate until 2040, only Hawk squadron that will likely be retired sooner in 2035.

TAI TFX should be rolled out in March. Erdogan wants it being rolled out before Turkish election.

@dBSPL suggested a suprise on the 18 March 2023 - ( so i have bookmarket that date ;) )

March 18 is the national day of remembrance of martyrs. It is dedicated to the victory at Gelibolu. With the terrible disaster that took place in our country on February 6, the wound in our hearts is deeper and this will come to the fore in the organizations that will take place on this day. So we should not expect big light shows and so on.

There was even serious talk of canceling the roll-out ceremony,after the earthquake disaster. However, this project, or rather the MMU program, which is a complex of projects, is the result of years of work and struggle of tens of thousands of people, from TAI to Havelsan, from SSB to ministry. This needs to be crowned. It is a project that has been ahead of schedule for the last 5 years and therefore a great success that has exceeded our expectations.

When the date of March 18, 2023 was set 3 years ago, neither the election date was set nor were we aware that this earthquake disaster would happen. It is not even funny anymore that some idiots are still writing posts linking it to the election or the aftermath of the earthquake disaster, as if they had spoken to Erdogan. The same idiots wrote similar things when the first flight date of TFX was brought forward. The problem is that they ignored the fact that the targeted first flight date was 5-6 months after the elections. Erdo does not set the MMU project schedule. Since 2011, the project has been officially underway, and after 12 years, we are at the rollout point. And about a year away from the first flight. This is the situation.

Last edited:
When the date of March 18, 2023 was set 3 years ago, neither the election date was set
It was though... We have general elections every 4 years. The last one was 4 years ago. There's nothing unplanned or out of the ordinary about this election.

I don't think you should be calling people idiots for pointing this out.

Erdo does not set the MMU project schedule.
Erdo has absolute power.

He gained this power through 2 major referendi. If he or someone close to him calls TAI and tells them to rush the plane, they fucking will, let's not kid ourselves here.

Last edited:
The ceremony for the National Combat Aircraft (MMU), which was planned to be held by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) on March 18, has been postponed due to the earthquake disaster affecting 11 provinces. The ceremony is expected to take place in the coming weeks.

For a long time, it had been planned to hold the aircraft's roll-out ceremony, known as 'Roll Out' in aviation, on March 18. During the ceremony, the MMU's engines would also be started. However, the ceremony was canceled in the aftermath of the earthquake centered in Kahramanmaraş, where more than 45,000 citizens have lost their lives so far. The first engine start tests therefore took place quietly in recent weeks.

TAI is expected to hold the ceremony at April. No disruption in the program: Currently, the MMU Project continues as planned. For the MMU, which recently performed its first engine start-up, the target for the first flight at the end of the year remains the same.

Back
Top Bottom