What's new

Turkey's Erdogan looking into banning Facebook & Youtube

it was actually directed at 'he can islamise the nation', which is not true. unless you can prove that Turkey is well on its way to become a nation with Sharia or Iran-style :)
Surely that's a charge even Turks level at Erdogan?

Like when the ban on veils in places of work or public buildings was lifted?

I'm sure there are other policies that Erdogan has brought in which points to that direction - given that it's an accusation I've heard many Turks make.

Like when the ban on veils in places of work or public buildings was lifted?
and how is that exactly a sign of islamising? you do realize that Turkey is a nation with 95%+ muslims, so it's only normal Turkish women who wear veil can freely wear it at work or at schools. even in Europe it's possible for a veiled Turkish woman to study, so why shouldn;t Turkish women in their own country, isn't that also a part of democracy?
in political matters, people throw mud at each other no matter what, so you'll see Turks throwing mud at Erdogan and Turks throwing mud at other parties. normal, right?

Last edited:
Lolz... , would like to see him try..

There are over 30 million Facebook uses in Turkey.

Ban facebook, protests like "Gezi Park" would occur again.

Look at the video below from first day of "Gezi Park" protests in Ankara, all of them are young people. (Me included in the same location :) )

Islamists in Egypt and across the Middle East didn't learn anything from the liberal and secular approach Erdogan and his party took, but the opposite seems to be happening. He is supporting terrorists across the region, and taking a more conservative approach in Turkey.

Islamists in Egypt and across the Middle East didn't learn anything from the liberal and secular approach Erdogan and his party took, but the opposite seems to be happening. He is supporting terrorists across the region, and taking a more conservative approach in Turkey.
His motivation to ban social media is not because of islamism, its because all the tapes about his corruption are beeing released in social media.
He cant ban social media in Turkey, just empty words, as allways...

Facebook and YouTube exposé erdogans crimes, that is why he wants to ban it. He is against freedom of speech.

He would be committing political suicide, spending way too much time with nawaz sharif?

Banning is not a good way and won't work for sure .

Just look at Iran , The governors banned Facebook , Youtube etc but the reaction was against it and even pro Islamic Republic people use proxy to reach them .

P.s. , I'm not supporting or opposing those websites .

Back
Top Bottom