What's new

Turkey's army on red alert, Syria in "real war", Spec. ops. in Syria

IMO, USA education system doesn't care Armenian lies. So they didn't want you waste your time with this lie.

While its good for American younglings to be free of brainwashing its already too late for core EU countries.Whole generation already grow up with that lie in EU thanks to France/Germany duo.I afraid this status in US is also temporary , when the relationship with Turkey and US gone down American younglings too will grow up with that lie.Even though i don't see it happening soon as long as Russia exist so the US-Turkey relationships.

You can afford such leniency because you aren't in a state of emergency/war , Syria cant because it is :azn:

What do you think would have happened if the same incident took place two years ago ? Damascus wouldn't even have lodged a protest since relations were warm at that time !

You are just assuming things my friend. Being in state of emergency is no excuse for shooting down that plane. If we were to attack Syria, we wouldn't have sent only a recon plane. Please don't make any more assumptions.

If it matters, I was never taught about the Armenian genocide in school, I'd never even heard of it until I started visiting the PDF.

Thanks to positive science and objective teachers, you have never heard of Armenian "Genocide" in school because it is a fairy tale and it did not happen.

I see. The 21 nations (and 43 US states) recognizing the Armenian Genocide are all liars just like me. And Turkey, successor of the perpetrator, is the truthful one. And I am the brainwashed one??????????/

I know this is not about the thread but since you are trolling here I want to answer this.

The countries who recognized the so-called Armenian genocide is not because they believe it happened but political reasons and diaspora propaganda. After jewish people, armenians are one of the best organized nations in the world. Therefore, diasporas use politicians to recognize the so-called genocide, in return the politicians get their support.

I am gonna give an example about the USA. In the USA, diaspora was enough strong to influence politicians, hence, although the recognition would be baseless and against the US interests, the USA was about to recognize it because there was no people who have counter opinion about the so-called genocide until the turks started to visit and talk to politicians, organized conferences and seminars, festivals and tours to Turkiye. You know what happened, the Armenians starts to panic!!! Because they feel that everything was going well without a counter opinion about their so-called genocide but turks appeared and started to show the truth. So they feel they lose the war!!!

This is an important Armenian columnist and writer in the US. I am gonna quote her article and then you can see what I am talking about

Losing the War

BY TAMAR KEVONIAN

A recent column from these pages traveled the wide highways of the internet and found a home on another Armenia related website. The notice popped up in my inbox and, curious, I clicked on the link. First I noticed the advertising for a singles website, then, in the process of looking for the text of the column, I scrolled down the page where my attention was captured by a bright orange banner ad for the Anatolian Cultures & Food Festival.

Anatolia refers to a region in the world that is part of Asia Minor (the eastern end of Asia) – from the Black Sea in the north, the Mediterranean Sea in the south, the Aegean Sea in the west to the Taurus Mountains in the east. Today it is considered part of Turkey, who inherited it from the Ottomans who wrestled it away from the Armenians, who were preceded by the Byzantines and so on through the Romans, the Greeks, and all the way back to the Hittites. Armenians refer to the area as Giligia.

The website is well designed and informative. Its sponsors include the Turkish-American Chamber of Commerce, West America Turkic council, Westwood One, OC Weekly and Turkish Airlines amongst many others. The festival is organized by a non-profit group called Pacifica Institute, established by Turkish and American community leaders in Los Angeles to introduce Turkey and Turkish culture in a “unique way, from past to present.” Its mission is to “foster peace and honor diversity through DIALOG, and multicultural interaction.” The capitals are theirs, to emphasize the key points of their beliefs.

“With a VISION of a collaborative society based on shared human values, Pacifica connects with other like-minded, non-profit organizations and provides opportunities for cooperation among diverse groups. The Institute also organizes conferences, panels, and art activities in pursuit of intellectual interaction.” It went on, stating it greater mission.

“Pacifica supports the IDEALS, of Turkish members of the community to converse their own culture while adapting to the local society. In addition, it introduces authentic Turkish culture and history to communities across California.” I was perplexed by its claim of authenticity while the site layed claim to so many of the cultures in Anatolia.

“Pacifica Institute organizes many activities by working together with likeminded nonprofit organizations in order to familiarize the real Turkish CULTURE and Turkey to Americans, foreign nationalities, and especially Californians.”

Reading this inspiring description of their work, I couldn’t decide if I felt anger or envy welling up inside me.

Located in the Orange County Great Park in Irvine, it is a 15 acre complex complete with a food court, a children’s area, a performance stage, reproductions of Turkish iconic architecture such as the Gates of Cilicia, the fountain of Ahmet III, and a corridor of beautifully prepared banners educating the attendees of the history of the cultures found throughout Anatolia’s past, punctuated by volunteers in exquisite period and cultural costumes of the various eras.

“Festivalgoers included local Orange County and Los Angeles residents and ranged from Americans, Turks, Armenians, Greeks, Middle Easterners and Indian ,” announces the press release. It seems last year’s inaugural festival attracted 30,000 people and received significant media coverage. And why not? It was a well prepared, interactive, informative and visually impressive display that appealed to Southern Californians’ desire to have fun. This year’s event seems to be gearing up for more of the same.

The Turkish-American community had come together to present themselves to the larger community in which they resided. This allowed their friends and neighbors to learn about them in a nonthreatening environment while fostering friendship, cooperation and support.

I racked my brain to think of a similar event organized by the Armenian community in which an impressive display of information, food, music, architecture, and all other elements that make up a culture, were organized specifically to present to those unfamiliar with the nuanced richness of the Armenian existence.

Although the festival claims support by the Organization of Armenians in Istanbul, the participation of Armenian dance companies and musicians and many Armenian attendees, the site itself offers very little information about the people whose footprint so heavily impacted Anatolia.

The list of civilizations includes the Ottomans, Seljuk, Byzantine, and Roman Empires along with the Urartu, Hittite and Ionian States. Armenians’ impact is referenced briefly with the words “The Urartus mixed with other tribal nations and formed the Urartu nation. Some sources refer to the Urartus as ancestors of the Armenians. The Urartu people are called the people from ‘Ararat’ in the Torah.”

With that brief sentence, they took care of a thorny subject that only really matters to a small, select few. What did I expect? After all, this festival is called “Discovering Turkiye” and they have the power to choose whatever information serves their goal. Their presentation has wide appeal and positively portrays the current state of Turkey. As a result, they appeal to the mass media which helps them spread their message.

The Turks have mastered the art of diversification. Their approach has gone beyond the scholarly and political arenas into the mass market where current perception and image matter much more than historical accuracy. Demonstrations, hunger strikes, marches, banquets and athletic events serve us by keeping the Armenian spirit alive within ourselves but make no inroads in the context of the society in which we live. We still have not managed to package ourselves in an outer layer that is appealing to our neighbors when all our outreach efforts to the masses center on the topic of our fight for Genocide recognition.

It is no coincidence that the largest Turkish festival in the United States does not take place in a city with the largest Turkish community but in a part of the country with the largest Armenian community. It may be a consolation to think Armenians have them worried but in the popularity contest of public opinion, it seems we have fallen far behind and are losing the war.

Losing the War | Asbarez Armenian News

If Syria is Attack I expect that Russia will invade georgia , and Iran will anax Bahrain or UAE its certain

If Syria is Attack I expect that Russia will invade georgia , and Iran will anax Bahrain or UAE its certain

Too long shot for both Russia and Georgia..
Russia wants to develop warm relations with EU, and it is better for them for trade and to show soft power.
They will never go to war for Syria ... they are supporting it right now because it is possible via talks on UN platform. Attack on Georgia is not worth for Syria .. and every one knows .. new government in Syria will never have good relation with Russia ..

Iran don't want to into full war.. they are doing good with current stalemate ... using nationalism to gather public support in difficult economy (with 15-20% inflation and same level of un-employment).. with war their finance will cripple and they might also face revolution like other countries.. GCC will unleash their army on Iran and it will create more negative image in Arab/middle eastern world , among ppl .. which they don't want right now...
But Syria will bleed for long time in current situation ..

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. Just coming off a fresh ban:D

I'll try to address the posts in order:

@Cirit: You are posing the very same arguements that Genocide and Holocaust deniers have been making over the past 20th century. Read the book Ottoman Centuries by Lord Kinross. He is the leading expert on Ottoman/Turkish history. It is very readable, and you will learn a lot about your country's history, as well as mine.

@Barrack-Obummer: You were not taught about the Native American genocides either. Please think before you post.

There is no such thing as an international lie. Pretend, for a second, that you are not Turkish. You are viewing this issue for the first time. 21 nations recognize the Genocide. The majority of the United States does as wel.. There are many countries that acknowledge the truth, but do not recognize for political purposes (i.e Iran and Syria, which have monuments dedicated to the AG). The ONLY country actively denying this is the perpetrator.

Honestly, what would you think?

Congratulation, I hope you learned with racism, hate and trolling thats all you will get.

@Cirit: You are posing the very same arguements that Genocide and Holocaust deniers have been making over the past 20th century. Read the book Ottoman Centuries by Lord Kinross. He is the leading expert on Ottoman/Turkish history. It is very readable, and you will learn a lot about your country's history, as well as mine.

@Barrack-Obummer: You were not taught about the Native American genocides either. Please think before you post.

There is no such thing as an international lie. Pretend, for a second, that you are not Turkish. You are viewing this issue for the first time. 21 nations recognize the Genocide. The majority of the United States does as wel.. There are many countries that acknowledge the truth, but do not recognize for political purposes (i.e Iran and Syria, which have monuments dedicated to the AG). The ONLY country actively denying this is the perpetrator.

To do list for a Typical Turcophobe (TT) who can not hide the truth anymore and get caught red handed with his lies;

- Unfoundedly tell them that they are talking nonsense.
(Yes, because a TT always tells the truth, and he never needs a source and he never needs to answer a question cause a he is a supa-dupa TT )

- Try to manipulate people's minds with simple mind games like saying read this, read that etc.
(Just tell us what you want to say if you know something. Just answer simple 10 questions, dont answer questions with new questions.)

Kajutyun the suppa-duppaTurcophobe,

We all know that you can not answer my questions (The 10 Questions) because you and your comrades have no answers for them. Because You are the biggest liers of human history. "Armo-Genocide" is the biggest scam of history. Deep in your soul you know that too.

Ok let's simplify the quiz for you just answer the Question no.10

10) If the Armenians are so convinced a genocide occurred, and assuming their typically exemplary character suffers a shortfall by not recognizing the terms of the Leninakan treaty (Treaty of Alexandropol, Gümrü antlaşması), why don’t they take their case to an international legal body, such as the World Court?

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey...-real-war-spec-ops-syria-6.html#ixzz2025tyVKh

Open an Armenian Genocide thread in World Affairs or Members Club send me the link of that thread and I would be happy to debate with you although I am doubefull it will be a usefull one because I will give you facts and you will give me emotional posts like most of the Armenians I have debated on this subject....

But please don't pollute this thread with your non-sense posts...

No body denies the killing and apartheid against the Jews by Germans and nobody denies the killing of Armenians at the final days of Ottoman empire. The point of argument is whether that amount to holocaust & Genocide or not. National Parliament or congress are political bodies and they have no right to decide the validity or invalidity of historical events. In my view a committee of historians and other experts of various ethnicity should be formed under the aegis of United Nations and its finding must be accepted by all the parties.

Back
Top Bottom