What's new

Turkey VS Asad: Should Ankara take the leap?

Should Turkey participate in a military operation to free Syria off Asad?

• Total voters
Just one small example, Turkey started paying the electricity bills of churches and synagogues last month. But not cemevis. The state does not build them or support them, we're talking about ca. 15 to 20 million Turkish citizens that don't get their rights. There is a problem here and just because Alevis are not burning cars or attacking soldiers no one is paying attention to it. This way you will only get an even bigger problem.

Don't get me started about non religious people's rights.

I don't think there are 20 million Alevis in Turkey.

Just one small example, Turkey started paying the electricity bills of churches and synagogues last month. But not cemevis. The state does not build them or support them, we're talking about ca. 15 to 20 million Turkish citizens that don't get their rights. There is a problem here and just because Alevis are not burning cars or attacking soldiers no one is paying attention to it. This way you will only get an even bigger problem.

Don't get me started about non religious people's rights.
That i didnt know about the cemevis.
Does the government pay the bills of the mosques?
Btw if there are 20 milion alevis there must be many cemevis,so the government must pay all the bills?
Arent you a bit overreacting?
Christians and jews dont even make up 1% of the population,its good to make them feel at home dont you think?

I don't think there are 20 million Alevis in Turkey.

Because they are hiding their identity, they declare neither ethnicity nor madhab.

15-20 million Shia figure includes Alevi, Bektashi, Jafari regardless of ethnicity. And some of them emigrated to Europe during 70's and 80's to avoid Political problems.

One more thing: Jafari Azeri Turks and western Alevis votes for MHP, while Kurdish Alevis vote for BDP. You cant see who is who by looking at the vote poll.

Thats not going to happen because Alevis are faithful to their republic and the principles of Atatürk.

And what if there were No more principles of Ataturk? You ll never know.

@Alienoz_TR

That is the first time ever, i have heard Alevis included in Shia.

"Jafari Azeri Turks", i have never heard of them, which region are they living ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Igdir, Kars, etc.

Igdır and Kars is scarcely populated and majority is Kurds.

There should be a few thousand then. Jafari is the guys who beat and slashes themselves right ?

There should be a few thousand then. Jafari is the guys who beat and slashes themselves right ?

Yes, although mostly Arab and Pakistani/Indian Shias still slash themselves. Among Iranians and Azerbaijanis that is almost non-existent.

I doubt that, MHP won in Iğdır in last elections, and there is an Azerbaijani Turk MHP deputy from Iğdır in Turkish parliament, Sinan Oğan. I think Azerbaijani Turks are still the majority in Iğdır, perhaps 60% (the population between the two ethnicities is divided between the northern and southern half of the province, and the city of Iğdır itself is overwhelmingly Turk). Kars is also majority Turk actually.

Iğdır and Kars have Natives (a.k.a. Sunni Turks), Jafari Turks, Kurds.

Most Jafaris live in Istanbul. They are at least 2 millions of them in Turkey.

Iğdır and Kars have Natives (a.k.a. Sunni Turks), Jafari Turks, Kurds.

Most Jafaris live in Istanbul. They are at least 2 millions of them in Turkey.

Man forgive me but i don't believe in these numbers.

They say, 25 Million Kurds, 20 Million Alevis, 2 Million Jafaris, and millions Boşnak, Çerkes, Arap, Arnavut, Laz.

That makes sunni Turks a little minoriety of Turkey :no:

They say, 25 Million Kurds, 20 Million Alevis, 2 Million Jafaris, and millions Boşnak, Çerkes, Arap, Arnavut, Laz.

:D Jafari is the "yobaz" of alevi. You dont see them, but they are there.

Do you know which mosque belongs to whom? Do your research.

That i didnt know about the cemevis.
Does the government pay the bills of the mosques?
Btw if there are 20 milion alevis there must be many cemevis,so the government must pay all the bills?
Arent you a bit overreacting?
Christians and jews dont even make up 1% of the population,its good to make them feel at home dont you think?

The government builds them and pay everything. Of course its good that the government is enforcing equality for Jewish and Christian citizens, but they are still ignoring the biggest "minority" in Turkey.

Alevis are Turks, you seem to confuse something. Its not an ethnicity but a religion or a sect of Islam.

And many many Turks do have Albanian, Bosnian etc origins and all but one (you know which one) are proud to call themself Turks. You will barely find a Turk that does not have ancestors from the Balkans or somewhere else.

Alevis are Turks, you seem to confuse something. Its not an ethnicity but a religion or a sect of Islam.
But i said Sunni Turks, meaning both Sunni, Turk.

And many many Turks do have Albanian, Bosnian etc origins and all but one (you know which one) are proud to call themself Turks. You will barely find a Turk that does not have ancestors from the Balkans or somewhere else.

I don't agree with you. Turks were mainly populated in Anatolia. And you can identify a balkan Turk, just by lookin at him/her. We have a saying " Suyun öteki tarafından mısın ? ". Lets not drag this issue, we are all Turks regardless of our origin and we are proud of it. Those who are not can GTFO.

Wow, majority of people want Syrians to live and suffer under a vicious and brutal tyranny !!

All those who voted "No" are a bunch of sickos.

Back
Top Bottom