What's new

Turkey to take in NATO Ground Forces

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Turkey has agreed that NATO can turn its airbase in Turkey into a base for ground operations into Syria.

The country will become the main base in the area for the US-led military alliance’s ground forces.

NATO’s Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said the alliance will transfer the bulk of its ground forces from a military base in the city of Heidelberg in southwestern Germany.

Other troops will arrive from Spain to be placed at the Izmir Air Station in western Turkey, which will now become the centre for ground troops.

Turkey has recently toughened its opinion on neighbouring Syria, where unprecedented civilian unrest has led to the deaths of many people.

Ankara has already created its own military bases close to the common border with Syria.

Turkey to take in NATO ground forces | World News |Axisoflogic.com

Turkey has agreed that NATO can turn its airbase in Turkey into a base for ground operations into Syria.

The country will become the main base in the area for the US-led military alliance’s ground forces.

NATO’s Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said the alliance will transfer the bulk of its ground forces from a military base in the city of Heidelberg in southwestern Germany.

Other troops will arrive from Spain to be placed at the Izmir Air Station in western Turkey, which will now become the centre for ground troops.

Turkey has recently toughened its opinion on neighbouring Syria, where unprecedented civilian unrest has led to the deaths of many people.

Ankara has already created its own military bases close to the common border with Syria.

Turkey to take in NATO ground forces

Turkey to take in NATO ground forces

Good news, too bad it's fake news. And guess from which country, ah no, not Western Evil NATO countries, but Iran.... Original Link http://www.presstv.com/detail/185429.html

NATO Article 5 says an attack on a NATO member will be considered as an attack on all NATO members.

NATO constitutes a system of collective defense to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party.

So now who wants to attack Turkey?

NATO Article 5 says an attack on a NATO member will be considered as an attack on all NATO members.

NATO constitutes a system of collective defense to mutual defense in response to an attack by any external party.

Yep, something like that.

So now who wants to attack Turkey?

Ah, no one? Perhaps the Greeks would want to try once upon a time, but they would get mowed down to shreds...

Yes I agree with Article 5 explaination. Indeed, Western NATO continuly attack Pakistan borders, kill their soldiers and checkposts in cross borders. Turkey is silence and never criticize NATO's wrong behaviors. NATO and its allies protect terrorists and top leaders in Afghanistan soil and continue to send them into Pakistan (i.e 200 miliants cross borders and more evidences).

And very excited next war with Syria after Libya.

If Pakistan provoke to attack NATO, all allies including Turkey will respond in no time. No doubt Russia, China and other powers are in middle of important discussions on this matters.

Yes, Turkey will stay silent and no concern how NATO attacked its blind brotherhood (Pakistan). Important note: Pakistan should NOT mixed with Turkey and NATO agendas regarding Article 5 agreements.

:pakistan:

(no Greek wouldn't attack Turkey, it is fine now.. :))

Yes I agree with Article 5 explaination. Indeed, Western NATO continuly attack Pakistan borders, kill their soldiers and checkposts in cross borders. Turkey is silence and never criticize NATO's wrong behaviors. NATO and its allies protect terrorists and top leaders in Afghanistan soil and continue to send them into Pakistan (i.e 200 miliants cross borders and more evidences).

If Pakistan provoke to attack NATO, all allies including Turkey will respond in no time. No doubt Russia, China and other powers are in middle of important discussions on this matters.

Yes, Turkey will stay silent and no concern how NATO attacked its blind brotherhood (Pakistan). Important note: Pakistan should NOT mixed with Turkey and NATO agendas regarding Article 5 agreements.

you really need to shut up, because you really annoy a lot of pakistanis and turks here. first of all, why would nato attack pakistan? second of all, wich nato country would pakistan attack? turkey does whats in interest for it, not whats in interest for pakistan and i hope you know and understand that.

why do you think nato is all evil? war with syria will be different, if it happens. it will include troops. and why arent you supporting it? you want an idiot to murder his people to stay in power? turkey never criticize their bad behaviour? let me tell you something, if it wasnt for turkey, nato would be place filled with islamophobia countries who would just learn to hate muslims. why do you think anders fogh rasmussen had to accept compromises with turkey when he was elleceted chief of nato? no other countrie made a word but turkey did. where is pakistan then huh?

i get it, you allways want to start a turkey pakistan war, forget it. both countries are placed in different places. we live right beside the middle east, and we have threats from everywhere. you think we can defend ourself against 8 countries alone?

you think we can defend ourself against 8 countries alone?
Cold War is over. So even if it would be troublesome to defend all fronts at once, we must remember that world is not divided into block states, thus old mentality of defense doctrine have no grounds today.

The Arab Spring is being used to isolate Iran & diminish its influence in the region. The overthrow of the Syrian Shia leader al-Assad is the most important step for that. Once that happens, the support for Hezbollah in Lebanon will finish, & the US will reduce Iran's influence in the region (which it already did in Bahrain), & Israel will be protected. The Arab Spring in Syria will also be to counter Iran's growing influence in Iraq. Eventually, this whole Arab Spring was a ploy to corner Iran. Turkey will only be endangering itself & the region if it acts against Syria, or lets NATO troops in.

The guy keeps posting the same crap about Turkiye over and over again.

Were was Pakistan when Chinese were killing our Uygur Turk brothers in the streets of Urumchi? We never accused Pak for being silent regarding this issue.

Iraq was in the same situation with Saddam Hussein. We all know what happened once the US overthrew him. Turkey should mind its own business & not bother itself with the situation in independent sovereign nations (which are its internal matters). You don't want Syria to become like Iraq, or what Libya is becoming right now; mark my words: it won't be good for Turkey.

well said!

I hope a travesty such as allowing NATO troops to Turkey in order to attack Syria never takes place...

I don't think any of us knows what is really going on in Syria as well. The blogger of the "lesbian woman in Damascus" turned out to be a married US man. If you read the articles about this man and his wife, there are a lot of fishy staff. US is very likely doing all she can to fuel turmoil there.

Also we will never support any NATO action against Pakistan. There is no such thing in Islam such as aiding disbelievers to kill fellow Muslims. We were about to do this mistake in 2003 but Allah saved us with the conscience of several parliament members voting NO, defying party leaders.

Yep, something like that.

Ah, no one? Perhaps the Greeks would want to try once upon a time, but they would get mowed down to shreds...

Of course, the Greeks are NATO members too... that would be quite a predicament for NATO.

Turkey is silence and never criticize NATO's wrong behaviors.[/B] NATO and its allies protect terrorists and top leaders in Afghanistan soil and continue to send them into Pakistan (i.e 200 miliants cross borders and more evidences).
Turkey=NATO. So, if NATO 'does wrong', then Turkey 'does wrong' (if only because it didn't stop the wrongdoing by other NATO members if Turkey itself didn't actually do anything)

Back
Top Bottom