What's new

Turkey to take in NATO Ground Forces

Iraq was in the same situation with Saddam Hussein. We all know what happened once the US overthrew him. Turkey should mind its own business & not bother itself with the situation in independent sovereign nations (which are its internal matters). You don't want Syria to become like Iraq, or what Libya is becoming right now; mark my words: it won't be good for Turkey.

So what do they do sit by and allow the murder of innocents the rape of women and the torture of children?

Devotedly washed and sprinkled with rose petals, Hamza Ali al-Khateeb lies prepared for burial.
But the rituals of death cannot wipe away the horrific injuries that have mutilated his body almost beyond recognition.
Warning grapic description in article.
Read more: Hamza Ali al-Khateeb the child martyr tortured to death by Syria's sadistic regime | Mail Online

Though we may disagree on many topics BH i would never have thought you would support a barbaric regiem simply because they were pro Iran. I asume i missunderstand your coment.

The Arab Spring is being used to isolate Iran & diminish its influence in the region. The overthrow of the Syrian Shia leader al-Assad is the most important step for that. Once that happens, the support for Hezbollah in Lebanon will finish, & the US will reduce Iran's influence in the region (which it already did in Bahrain), & Israel will be protected. The Arab Spring in Syria will also be to counter Iran's growing influence in Iraq. Eventually, this whole Arab Spring was a ploy to corner Iran. Turkey will only be endangering itself & the region if it acts against Syria, or lets NATO troops in.

Perhaps the role of Saudi Arabia and the historic role of Turkiye in the Middle East and it's evolving position in the Middle East, and not so much NATO should figure in your analysis -- Either way, the situation in Syria, particularly refugees in Turkiye will represent a human rights probelm for a the AKP government, if Turkiye is seen as doing nothing to prevent what is generally reported as government violence against civilians, it's a net negative for Turkye, I don't think they will tolerate that, even as it sponsors flotillas for Gaza.

Back
Top Bottom