What's new

Turkey to double flights from India

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case please uproot the entire MotorWay because it too was made under a similar arrangements with the South Koreans - Daewoo.

Its not a tit-for-tat game !

So you are saying South Koreans donated the motorway? lolz, how do you donate a road?? Was it free??? Or was it a joint venture?? And do we support South Korea in its conflict with North Korea and therefore expect to it support us against india or on any other issue?

Trade with Turkey seems nice, since its one of the few countries in Europe that is actually doing good. I don't see why people are so worked up about Indo- Turkish trade.

Its their country, their business. As long as they are good with us then who are we to tell them dont have relations with this country, but do have relations with that. Do Turks tell us that we are betraying them by having great relations with China when there is an obvious Sino-Turkish disagreement over the Xinxyian(Turkestan) region? Are we that Ehsaan faramosh that despite all the aid they gave to us during the floods and earthquake we simply tell them they are not our friends anymore because they trade with our enemy. If we are so full of principles then why do we trade with the US, the country most undoubtedly responsible for most of the misery currently in the Islamic world(including Pakistan)? I sense a lot of hypocrisy here.

Yes nationalism is good, but ultra nationalism is bad, as it blinds one from realities and leads one to live in some dream land far away from this earth.

So you are saying South Koreans donated the motorway? lolz, how do you donate a road?? Was it free??? Or was it a joint venture?? And do we support South Korea in its conflict with North Korea and therefore expect to it support us against india or on any other issue?

Motorway was built in the same way as that Lane on Feorzepur Road is...a win-win situation. They build...they charge toll. But considering the amount of negative coverage that Pakistan gets...only China and Turkey actually give a dang and come here to invest. Capiche !

Oh and btw i have lived with Turks for a large part of my life, gone to their mosques since i was a child and have really learnt to appreciate them as a people. Hard working and really respectful towards Pakistanis!

turkey and india as good economy want mutual rise. maybe due to that pakistan might also learn something abt economy. see the brighter side.

Its their country, their business. As long as they are good with us then who are we to tell them dont have relations with this country, but do have relations with that.
But how come this does not apply to Pakistan? Why can't we establish relations with Armenia and recognize them as a sovereign nation? Is it not our business what we do?

Do Turks tell us that we are betraying them by having great relations with China when there is an obvious Sino-Turkish disagreement over the Xinxyian(Turkestan) region?
Yes, a few members did on that thread about xinjiang riots.

Are we that Ehsaan faramosh that despite all the aid they gave to us during the floods and earthquake we simply tell them they are not our friends anymore because they trade with our enemy.
So what??? Aid does not mean we compromise on our national interests and become a pet dog for everyone just because they give us aid.

If we are so full of principles then why do we trade with the US, the country most undoubtedly responsible for most of the misery currently in the Islamic world(including Pakistan)? I sense a lot of hypocrisy here.
No one here, and i can assure you that majority Pakistanis does not want any relations with US in which Pakistan has to be submissive to the Americans, we only want relations in which they see us as equals rather than their pawns.

Yes nationalism is good, but ultra nationalism is bad, as it blinds one from realities and leads one to live in some dream land far away from this earth.
I'd prefer Ultra Nationalism over blind pan-islamist "ummah" brotherhood that requires me to compromise my nations interests for the interests of some Muslim country in another part of the world that can care less about my nations interests.

BTW, Turks are well known ultra-nationalists.

But how come this does not apply to Pakistan? Why can't we establish relations with Armenia and recognize them as a sovereign nation? Is it not our business what we do?

So what??? Aid does not mean we compromise on our national interests and become a pet dog for everyone just because they give us aid.

No one here, and i can assure you that majority Pakistanis does not want any relations with US in which Pakistan has to be submissive to the Americans, we only want relations in which they see us as equals rather than their pawns.

I'd prefer Ultra Nationalism over blind pan-islamist "ummah" brotherhood that requires me to compromise my nations interests for the interests of some Muslim country in another part of the world that can care less about my nations interests.

dude u have nothing to worry. turkey will still be ur frnd but our partner. india wont let friendship break :tup:

dude u have nothing to worry. turkey will still be ur frnd but our partner. india wont let friendship break :tup:
Ok, no problem then, can't wait for Pakistan to establish relations with Armenia and finally recognize it after so many years.:yahoo:

Ok, no problem then, can't wait for Pakistan to establish relations with Armenia and finally recognize it after so many years.:yahoo:
doesnt bother india at alll loll. it depends on ur govt not u. they havnt said anything like it.

aww, thats probably the best thing you have ever said about Pakistan, good job buddy lmao :tup:

no problem we r bringing ur frnd closer to u see. we r good people.

:hitwall: Even Turkey recognizes them as a sovereign nation !

Certainly nothing close to what most of us are saying here.

So what??? Aid does not mean we compromise on our national interests and become a pet dog for everyone just because they give us aid..

Aren't we doing exactly that for the US of A ? And how does them trading with our enemy equates to a betrayal especially since we've been trading with them too and that trade is set to increase exponentially in the coming years.

Ultra-Nationalism founded on the basis of Pakistaniyat...right ? Well we've got a mini Pan-Islamism going on in this country anyhow. I'm a Punjabi Kashmiri...what do I have in common with a Sindhi or a Pukhtoon, except a common collective consciousness - Islam ?

When has Pakistan compromised on her interests for that of another ? Didn't we fOok up Afghanistan in 2000-1 for our interests ?

BTW, Turks are well known ultra-nationalists.

Pakistan does not recodnise Armenia because Armenian recognition of Kashmir as belonging to India... and Turkey and Azernaijan themselves recodnise Armenia as soverieng nation...

Few members complain about insignificant trade numbers between Turkey and India and guess who are these people...

Not one Turkish diplomat or politican asked Pakistan anything other than friendly relationship... I guess it is too mch for some people... I guess we are lucky that are few people like you in Pakistan...

Turkey did not do anything to hurt Pakistans national interests but you are against that close relationship while you support Iran which sells discounted oil to India, Russia which is the largest arms supplier of India...

Turks are nationalistic and propably one of the most exteremist of of them... But there is a very good side effect of that, they know who are their friends and who are not unlike some people I can name on this forum :)

:hitwall: Even Turkey recognizes them as a sovereign nation !
Okay, so then what's wrong if Pakistan recognizes Armenia then? Why should Pakistan hold back from establishing relations with Armenia?

Certainly nothing close to what most of us are saying here.
Des it matter? Its like saying if someone kills 1 person he has committed lesser evil than a person who has killed thousands of people, even though both are murderers.

Aren't we doing exactly that for the US of A ? And how does them trading with our enemy equates to a betrayal especially since we've been trading with them too and that trade is set to increase exponentially in the coming years.
As i said, its the government's policies that have messed up our relations with USA, we should only decide whom we want to trade with and we should not let others decide who we establish relations with.

Ultra-Nationalism founded on the basis of Pakistaniyat...right ? Well we've got a mini Pan-Islamism going on in this country anyhow. I'm a Punjabi Kashmiri...what do I have in common with a Sindhi or a Pukhtoon, except a common collective consciousness - Islam ?

What does this have to do with anything? Yeah, we're all Muslims, but i can't see how this should affect our national interests. This has nothing to do with Pakistan looking after its national interests.

With all due respect to Pakistani members, no country is going to sever trade ties with India to please you, except perhaps yourself. Name me one country that does not trade with India? India is 15%-ish of the world population, it will be economic suicide for any country to ignore 15% of the world population to show their brotherhood for you. Every single country in todays world is looking for more trade opportunities in India, including every single Muslim country ranging from Iran to Saudi Arabia to Turkey to UAE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom