What's new

Turkey To Block NATO Ships to Black Sea Report Says

Got to be able to project power. China can't.

China can't project its power? Are you kidding me? If I remember correctly, it was just a while ago that they declared a disputed territory with Japan as theirs! I don't like the way you think, I just hope the people in charge not to think like you do.

Syria/Snowden/Ukraine

Putin: 3
Obama: 0

LMAO

Putin has a LONG way to go.

Member states of the old Warsaw Pact:
Bulgaria
Czechoslovakia
East Germany
Hungary
Poland
Romania
Soviet Union
Albania

Member states who switched to NATO:
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
East Germany
Hungary
Poland
Romania
Albania

hmm...things are a bit lonely now in the "Pact" of one.

Let's see what the full NATO list looks like...
Oh yeah Putin is riding high! LOL!
Of course this doesn't even include all the former Soviet states that allow US/NATO forces to be deployed and supplied.

Last edited:
NATO also has nukes, plus, conventionally NATO is far more superior than Russia. Turkey alone is enough for Russia.

Russia is still the second most powerful country in the world; only the US is a match for Russia.

The question isn't whether the US can defeat Russia, but whether it will risk a credible threat to its mainland. Ukraine is not a core interest for the US. Not by a long shot.

Russia is still the second most powerful country in the world; only the US is a match for Russia.

The question isn't whether the US can defeat Russia, but whether it will risk a credible threat to its mainland. Ukraine is not a core interest for the US. Not by a long shot.

The problem is not the Ukraine alone, the U.S. needs to show that it can't be ignored, put plainly, the countries need to understand that they can't just go and annex whatever parts they want to their soil.

Syria/Snowden/Ukraine

LMAO

Strong Russia is not in China's interest.
Russians have already backstabbed Chinese too many times, but I could understand China's neutral stance on this issue.

Last edited:
Subsequently, several international treaties have governed vessels using the waters. Under the Treaty of Hünkar Iskelesi of 1833, the Bosphorus and Dardanelles straits were to be closed on Russian demand to naval vessels of other powers.[8] Following World War I, the 1920 Treaty of Sèvres demilitarized the strait and made it an international territory under the control of the League of Nations. This was amended under the 1923 Treaty of Lausanne, which restored the straits to Turkish territory—but allowed all foreign warships and commercial shipping to traverse the straits freely. Turkey eventually rejected the terms of that treaty, and subsequently Turkey remilitarized the straits area. The reversion to this old regime was formalized under the Montreux Convention Regarding the Regime of the Turkish Straits of July 1936. That convention, which is still in practical force as of 2011, treats the straits as an international shipping lane, but Turkey retains the right to restrict the naval traffic of non-Black Sea nations (such as Greece, a traditional enemy, or Algeria).
Bosphorus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess this treaty is still effective and never revoked.
Under the Treaty of Hünkar Iskelesi of 1833, the Bosphorus and Dardanelles straits were to be closed on Russian demand to naval vessels of other powers

Putin has a LONG way to go.

Member states of the old Warsaw Pact:
Bulgaria
Czechoslovakia
East Germany
Hungary
Poland
Romania
Soviet Union
Albania

Member states who switched to NATO:
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
East Germany
Hungary
Poland
Romania
Albania

hmm...things are a bit lonely now in the "Pact" of one.

Let's see what the full NATO list looks like...
Oh yeah Putin is riding high! LOL!
Of course this doesn't even include all the former Soviet states that allow US/NATO forces to be deployed and supplied.
I think Russian is more interested to cozy with dragons instead of pigs...

But, I should admit Ukraine is waaay too big of a fish for Russia to slip hand. It has 40 million people which Russia need for a parity with United States.

Last edited:
Only the extremely young or uninformed would ever expect/hope/support US troops risking direct conflict with a fellow member of the MAD club over Crimea, or even Ukraine.

Russia knows this, which is why they did it. This doesn't prove Russia is willing to fight the US. It proves our Cold War faux knows enough about us to know this isn't exactly putting nukes in Cuba.

The loser in all of this will be the Russian people. Finally, someone else is making terrible economic decisions with their military adventures besides the US.

China is surrounded by to many powerful players to become a super power. Just look at the south korean,Japanese, and Taiwanese militaries not to forget the u.s forces in the area.

did someone fart? I think a thanksgiving-turkey fart.

Something has to be done about Russia, the world must understand that U.S. can't be ignored!
NATO must grow a pair and send troops to Ukraine right now.

Wow,Wow,Wow...hey now,let's not get hasty.

Syria/Snowden/Ukraine

LMAO
Not sure it's a victory for Putin in Syria and Ukrania

They ruined the allies of Russia with few means and if a guerilla starts in Ukrania it's very good for JEW USA

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom