What's new

Turkey, the next syria/iraq/Libya in ME?

royalharris

Reaction score
Country
China
With the ambitions expansion in the Middle East, more and more interference of neighbour countries,more and more complex relations with great powers,more and more radical political groups,more and more bomb blasts inside turkey.
I am afraid there will be dangers that turkey will be another lraq /Syria/Libya in middle east.
Turkey should be really careful with its foreign policy

Last edited:
what do you mean?? turkey is next. Turkey is one of the powers that wants to destabilize Syria,Iraq, and then Iran

Even though US/Turkish relations have not been good at all lately and I am an American, I think the OP is more than just a bit far fetched. Although it's become a bit less secular, it is still a modern, secular state with one of the most professional armed forces in the region or in NATO. In so many ways, it is a model for the Muslim world as it has managed to retain and respect it's religious traditions, it's cultural past, it's social stability, the family, etc., while still being a modern, democratic, and economically progressive, state.

The fact is if any war between Russia and NATO trigger Turkey will get destroyed in the worst way of possible.

Syria and Iraq are artificial states created by Europeans. Turkey is country with long history and tradition. Nothing common.
Syria and Iraq have 12,000 years civilizations much before France, or Turkey (Ottoman empire) since 1300. Wikipedia sources of Syria and Iraq give small but effective info about those countries. I'm not sure why you even spread rants in this forum.

Last edited:
Even though US/Turkish relations have not been good at all lately and I am an American, I think the OP is more than just a bit far fetched. Although it's become a bit less secular, it is still a modern, secular state with one of the most professional armed forces in the region or in NATO. In so many ways, it is a model for the Muslim world as it has managed to retain and respect it's religious traditions, it's cultural past, it's social stability, the family, etc., while still being a modern, democratic, and economically progressive, state.
Before gulf war, iraq is stable、powerful&rich in middle east, saddam just like Erdogan, capable leader ,but overused its military.
what happened?

Hilarious thread and comments :D @ Turkish mates, would any of you guys care to comment on this circus ? :)

Before gulf war, iraq is stable、powerful&rich in middle east, saddam just like Erdogan, capable leader ,but overused its military.
what happened?
You mean before or after he invaded his neighbours, Iran and Kuwait? :azn:

Look, the principal of democracy made rebellion legal. If you do not like a government, you can replace it with vote from the PEOPLE. As far as now, Turkey is still a democracy, worst case scenario would be the case of Ukraine or Egypt. Turkey will not be next Syria or Iraq for that reason. What is really scary about Turkey is it might lose its Ataturk Root of Secular society. It seems like current Turkish regime favor theocracy in the long term., As Turkey slowly shift toward theocracy and abandon its secular root, the government might be waiting experiencing multiple coupes that might destabilized Turkish society and turn it into next Egypt or Ukraine.

Islamization is bad for economy and well being of people as we look at example establish by multiple failed Middle Eastern country. Islam has never gone through the same sort of Enlightenment as European did in Renaissance. Europeans have give up on radical Christian faith long ago, and it will not turn back to Medieval ages. However, Radical Islam is opposite of modernisation and humanity. Radical Islam's inhumane treatment of women and other medieval Islamic traditions is not only idiotic but is the root of weakness and backwardness if Middle East. By exclude half of nation's workforce, and that is like giving up 30-50% of nation's productivity, and that is only one of failure radical Islam. Middle East countries willl remain second class nations for the next 100 years and maybe forever until an enlightenment movement like the one happened in Europe hundreds years ago spread within Islamic community and successfully remove rubbish parts of Islamic traditions.

Because Erdogan is thinkin he is some kind of a allah chosen Ottoman leader... Erdogan is dangerous for Turkey and its neighbours.

With the ambitions expansion in the Middle East, more and more interference of neighbour countries,more and more complex relations with great powers,more and more bomb blasts inside turkey.
I am afraid there will be dangers that turkey will be another iraq\syria in middle east.
Hope not.

Look, the principal of democracy made rebellion legal. If you do not like a government, you can replace it with vote from the PEOPLE. As far as now, Turkey is still a democracy, worst case scenario would be the case of Ukraine or Egypt. Turkey will not be next Syria or Iraq for that reason. What is really scary about Turkey is it might lose its Ataturk Root of Secular society. It seems like current Turkish regime favor theocracy in the long term., As Turkey slowly shift toward theocracy and abandon its secular root, the government might be waiting experiencing multiple coupes that might destabilized Turkish society and turn it into next Egypt or Ukraine.

Islamization is bad for economy and well being of people as we look at example establish by multiple failed Middle Eastern country. Islam has never gone through the same sort of Enlightenment as European did in Renaissance. Europeans have give up on radical Christian faith long ago, and it will not turn back to Medieval ages. However, Radical Islam is opposite of modernisation and humanity. Radical Islam's inhumane treatment of women and other medieval Islamic traditions is not only idiotic but is the root of weakness and backwardness if Middle East. By exclude half of nation's workforce, and that is like giving up 30-50% of nation's productivity, and that is only one of failure radical Islam. Middle East countries willl remain second class nations for the next 100 years and maybe forever until an enlightenment movement like the one happened in Europe hundreds years ago spread within Islamic community and successfully remove rubbish parts of Islamic traditions.

The idiots keeping going on and on and on. If an Islamist is elected, who cares? If that is what people want then that is what the people get.

Whatever happened to "their country,their rules"

With the ambitions expansion in the Middle East, more and more interference of neighbour countries,more and more complex relations with great powers,more and more bomb blasts inside turkey.
I am afraid there will be dangers that turkey will be another iraq\syria in middle east.
Syria and Iraq are artificial states created by Europeans. Turkey is country with long history and tradition. Nothing common.

Back
Top Bottom