What's new

‘Turkey shouldn’t become an EU member’

There are a few points that must be kept in mind:

1. EU has deep influence on nations' internal affairs. With France and Germany being leaders, in practice, they get to influence everyone else. They can force nations to accept policies that are to their detriment.

2. Turkey MUST ask the question: what's in it for us? Will it lead to significantly increasing exports? Unlikely. Germany is the zenith of manufacturing excellence, and they will ensure their status as net exporters. Can Turkey overcome the biased perceptions that view German Engineering as unbeatable? Combined with Germany's power plays in the EU parliament?

3. On the other hand, it opens up a world of science and technology. There are research grants, scientific projects, scholarships etc. from which Turkish businesses and students can benefit.

4. Similarly, access to cutting edge technologies around the world. Being a member of EU means Turkey will not face technological sanctions. This opens up an entire world that remains close to all bar a few chosen nations.

Turkey, and Erdogan, will have to perform some deep introspection in order to decide which route to take.

Because Russians are very nationalistic, they consider the Greeks their Orthodox brothers, generally don't like Turks ,so the pressure on Russian leaders from their population to intervene would be unbearable.
Even our supposed Muslim brothers, the Arabs would side with those Hellenic sooks...

Turkey uses "EU membership talks" as a marketing gimmick so that it can explain to the thick-headed xenophobes in the West that it's a democratic and Western-allied country a little easier. EU accession support among the Turks are at a historic low and for a very good reason. No self-respecting Turk should want anything to do with the EU unless they're doing trade with a EU member state or have relatives there. We're better off without the EU.

Turkey should focus on improving the customs union with the EU, maybe score a preferred partner status, developing our own economy with strong industrialization and branding, as well as signing free-trade agreements with as many nations around the world as possible. Throw in scrapping the petrodollar and trading in local currencies and we'll live like kings ever after just as will everyone else doing business with us.

Russians are pragmatic people, they don't believe in that brother-shit. Even in a religion way (orthodox).

Turkey should strengthen ties with countries in Caucasus-Central Asia and Balkans. I believe an organization called ECO already exists. Include Albania-Bosnia-Kosovo from Balkans. Future lies there. EU wont allow membership but rather a preferred trade partner.

Turkey should focus on improving the customs union with the EU, maybe score a preferred partner status, developing our own economy with strong industrialization and branding, as well as signing free-trade agreements with as many nations around the world as possible. Throw in scrapping the petrodollar and trading in local currencies and we'll live like kings ever after just as will everyone else doing business with us.

Sounds good to me. Someone just needs to tell RTE now.

Turkey should strengthen ties with countries in Caucasus-Central Asia and Balkans. I believe an organization called ECO already exists. Include Albania-Bosnia-Kosovo from Balkans. Future lies there. EU wont allow membership but rather a preferred trade partner.

I have long advocated Turkey's giving up on EU membership drive and focus on ECO. In the EU, Turkey will always live under the shadow of France and Germany while in the ECO, Turkey will herself be the leader.
Another plus of ECO is that most nations are of Turkic origin and others like Pakistan, Iran and Afghanistan also have significant population of Turkic lineage.

There are a few points that must be kept in mind:

1. EU has deep influence on nations' internal affairs. With France and Germany being leaders, in practice, they get to influence everyone else. They can force nations to accept policies that are to their detriment.

2. Turkey MUST ask the question: what's in it for us? Will it lead to significantly increasing exports? Unlikely. Germany is the zenith of manufacturing excellence, and they will ensure their status as net exporters. Can Turkey overcome the biased perceptions that view German Engineering as unbeatable? Combined with Germany's power plays in the EU parliament?

3. On the other hand, it opens up a world of science and technology. There are research grants, scientific projects, scholarships etc. from which Turkish businesses and students can benefit.

4. Similarly, access to cutting edge technologies around the world. Being a member of EU means Turkey will not face technological sanctions. This opens up an entire world that remains close to all bar a few chosen nations.

Turkey, and Erdogan, will have to perform some deep introspection in order to decide which route to take.

It is not that simple.

The thing in fight here is the value.

What is the value here? Human or Religion, religion for humans or humans for religion?

It is not that simple.

The thing in fight here is the value.

What is the value here? Human or Religion, religion for humans or humans for religion?

The values taught by religion are very straightforward. Allah and His Prophet Mohammad Sal-Allahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam come before everything else. To the point where, if worldly benefits are hurt because of following their Commandments, then follow their Commandments and leave this world. And it is Allah's Promise that He will then Save us in this world and the hereafter.

The values taught by religion are very straightforward. Allah and His Prophet Mohammad Sal-Allahu Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam come before everything else. To the point where, if worldly benefits are hurt because of following their Commandments, then follow their Commandments and leave this world. And it is Allah's Promise that He will then Save us in this world and the hereafter.

It seems we need to take it step by step.

Is a religion the goal or vessel?

That question would be valid if Islam were a religion. Today Islam is the religion of the Creator of entire Universe, Allah the Almighty. No questions can be raised after this.

I am talking to you, so please do not bring and put Allah in front of you as a shield, and between us in order to avoid a question that you look in contradiction in the same paragraph you just wrote.when cornered, This has always been used by mullahs and fundamentalists to get away from a discussion. I hope you are not one of them.

I repeat the question: Is a religion the goal or vessel?

I am talking to you, so please do not bring and put Allah in front of you as a shield, and between us in order to avoid a question that you look in contradiction in the same paragraph you just wrote.when cornered, This has always been used by mullahs and fundamentalists to get away from a discussion. I hope you are not one of them.

I repeat the question: Is a religion the goal or vessel?

I think I didn't explain myself properly. I am not trying to use a shield. I am trying to generalize your question even further, because I think if we answer that question, all other questions simply answer themselves. The question is:

What is Absolute?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_(philosophy)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom