What's new

Turkey produces 54% of its defense needs domestically

Surenas

Reaction score
Before 1973, almost all equipment were imported. In 2003, when the AKP came to power, 25% of all defense needs were produced locally, but now Turkey produces 54% of its defense needs domestically. That is a huge improvement, but compared to France (90%), Britain (85%), Germany (80%), Israel (79%) and South Korea (75%), its still relatively low, but the trend is clear.

Savunmanın yarıdan fazlası yerli oldu

TÜRK Silahlı Kuvvetleri (TSK) ihtiyaçlarının yerli kaynaklardan temin oranı 2003’te yüzde 25 iken, son verilere göre yüzde 54’e yükseldi. Bu oran, Almanya’da yüzde 80, Fransa’da yüzde 90, Güney Kore’de yüzde 75, İngiltere’de yüzde 85, İsrail’de ise yüzde 79. Türkiye’nin savunma ihtiyaçlarının karşılanma oranında stratejik plan çerçevesinde daha büyük oranların yakalanacağını belirten Savunma Sanayi Müsteşarlığı yetkilileri, çalışılan yerli firmaların zamanında teslimat yapmalarının da önemine dikkat çekti. Türkiye’nin 2016’da savunma ve havacılık sanayi ihracatının 2 milyar dolara, sektör cirosunun 8 milyar dolara ulaşması öngörülüyor.

TSK nehirleri AZMM ile geecek - Hrriyet EKONOM

Good. I hope all the "Islamic Parties" in the Muslim world learns from AKP and Turks.

Muslim Brotherhood, you must be watching this.

"Mashallah..."

Great progress by the turks. Turks should concentrate on avionics & go for joint venture with experienced global players in engine development. They can afford it as they have plenty to cash to spare. I am really surprised that britain still manufactures 85% of its weapons. I thought they had a completely ruined manufacturing base, S.korea was a great surprise. Maybe except for Aircraft engines they can produce everything.

This is good news, not only economically but also poltically. It is never good to depend on others for weapons since they could withold it to manipulate your decisions.

This is good news, not only economically but also poltically. It is never good to depend on others for weapons since they could withold it to manipulate your decisions.

Turkey should go a step further by diversifying its weapon source. U guys R still too depended on US IMO. Collaboration with Korea, China & japan can be a way forward towards further indigenization. The current air defence system & nuclear plant project with china as a option R good signs IMO.:)

This is great. Pakistan must follow this path of industrialization too. But then for that to happen we need a leader like Erdogan too.

This is great. Pakistan must follow this path of industrialization too. But then for that to happen we need a leader like Erdogan too.
All you need is to get rid of ideologic dogmas and work hard. Pakistan is nowhere poor with leaders. You have examples like Benazir Butto and Imran Khan.

Erdogan isn't a special person, his rhetoric is lower than a street thug.

All you need is to get rid of ideologic dogmas and work hard. Pakistan is nowhere poor with leaders. You have examples like Benazir Butto and Imran Khan.

In my opinion Erdogan is a great leader but I feel Imran Khan has the potential to become even better leader provided he doesnt become corrupt and the other people cooperate with him (i.e. if he ever win becomes a P.M.). I remember when Pakistan was on the verge of elimination in Cricket world cup (i think it was 1990). Imran Khan gave an inspiring speech and lead his team to 6 or 7 consecutive victories and eventually won the world cup.

I don't think s Korean can do 75%

They even can't produce copter like t-129

Erdogans administration is the best source for defenc industry of Turkey. Before erdogan there was no so much budget. There is some positifs about erdogan.

let me correct this serious accusation.

Ok. Erdogan rethoric is publicly. may be he speak delibrately like this on purpose of impress people more much.

But he has undeniable leadership ability that drive him to victories in each elections. Turkish voters not bunglers and have long election past. Turkish election system isnot like US just to make a choice beween white and red apple. in turkey about 70-80 parties from different circles and politic participate in election. So turkish voters quite capable to elect a good leader among tens of alternative candidates.

First,it should be appraciated Erdogan who won 3 times election over and over and still able to maintain public supportance above 50%. above 2 times more than his the closest rival.

ami wrong?

The 54%, does that include the assault rifles as well? Maybe when the MPT program becomes operational, this percentage will become even higher?

Unless the producing of G3 under license in Turkey is already a part of the 54%?

Back
Top Bottom