What's new

Turkey, Pakistan ties are 'an alliance forged in steel'

So Erdo receices Putin, Rouhani, Modi and all the crap wjile a Mayor receives our Leader, especially a person like PM Imran? I didn't expect this at all!

State level cost or not. When a pm visits it's not joke.
Kaalay musalman :-) bro it doesn't matter who received whom as long as mutually beneficial deals are signed and executed in this visit. Erdogan ko muft khanay ka Chaska lga dia tha sharifo ny.

I think the opposite is more true.

How many time Turkey fought Pakistan's enemy, India? We can offer arms and nuclear technology when our friends need defence, money and technological know how when our friends needs economic and infrastructure developments, Veto power to shield our friends in UNSC... What Tureky can do that we can't? That's a very funny claim, seems someone only enjoys empty lip service.
Bro, beware from false flagers...

How many time Turkey fought Pakistan's enemy, India? We can offer arms and nuclear technology when our friends need defence, money and technological know how when our friends needs economic and infrastructure developments, Veto power to shield our friends in UNSC... What Tureky can do that we can't? That's a very funny claim, seems someone only enjoys empty lip service.

Moronic post just ignore it.

"Sultan Erdogan" has been arrogant since the coup of 2016. When trump visited him he gave him a cold shoulder and in result came the US sanctions on Turkish Steel Imports. Their economy went spiraling down and the Turkish Lira fell to RS 17 from 24 in a matter of few days. Only then Erdogan came to his senses and released the American Pastor which was jailed in Turkey on espionage charges. Eventually the US/Turkish trade-relationship restored.

Long story short, Erdogan could have handled this better but then again our PM's been in power since August and this is his 5th head-of-state visit. Now that both of them have gotten over the baggage in future we can expect a more warm series of contacts.

1036934619.jpg

And IK has just finished Anıtkabir Mausoleum visit. During the day, he will meet with the President.

Mr. Imran Khan came to Turkey with a special invitation of the presidency. However, I understand that those who are uncomfortable with this relation and cant say so clearly, why they vomit their poisons with this kind of discourse. And another one is making comparisons of China and Turkey under an irrelevant title. Typical troll behavior.

He went to Konya first to pay tribute to Rumi's resting place.

Iraqi President Salih was arrived in Turkey at the same day, with Imran Khan. However, his visit included contacts only in Ankara. After his Anıtkabir visit, he went to the Presidential House and was welcomed by the President with an official ceremony. The following video can be viewed.

Here you can see the protocol applied to the Iraqi president's, when landing at Ankara Airport. http://video.haber7.com/video-galeri/133010-irak-cumhurbaskani-salih-turkiyede

Takes a special child to demand unconditional attention from President at your choice of city. Look at the picture above, it is perfectly fine. He was also invited by the President himself. The relations between Turkey and Pakistan are beyond leadership and state, on to the people.
Read all my posts, preferably the entire thread, before spewing verbal diarrhea Mr. Know it All... you are no different from the people who initially started this "fake news" and hence, the confusion... ... so read the entire thread before jumping up from your seat, especially post no. 26.

Last edited:
A foreign president for example who does not have a heart-connection here, has no cultural affiliation and has only pragmatic goals, comes only to Ankara, talks and goes.

What did IK do? His visit started at the heart of Turkish Sufism. He gave messages of peace and brotherhood. He met local businessmen. He's dealt with them. Then he visited the tomb of Atatürk. And now he starts his contacts in Ankara. This is not friendship, but brotherhood.

Last edited:
For Those folks who are making the mountain out of a molehill should understand that brothers always be a brother (PAK-Turk) no matter what.

Turkey and Pakistan are Natural Ally .

Our previous business dealing were done incorrectly. We need to win investors trust and create an environment for them to make money with their investment otherwise they will invest in another country.

Well, if you look at it from purely material lens then yes, Pak-Turkey relations are rather overrated. We here know that Turkey cannot help Pak even 1% the way China and Saudi can. Back in 2013, Turkey even refused to give Pak a GSP+ status, something it gives to all with exception to Pak and Armenia. Can you realize how ridiculous this 'bonhomie' looks after that? Out of respect for these people Pak doesn't recognize Armenia even though we have absolutely zilch conflict with either them or the Kurds, even though frankly deep inside we know that they're being persecuted. In Afghan civil war Turks were supporting Northern Alliance, who are actually very anti-Pakistan.

It's just that there's a spiritual lens which mostly drives this relationship. People here have soft corner for them. I remember couple of years ago a Turkish delegation came to Pak and they were shown so much hospitality & love that they had tears in their eyes when they left. I'm particularly happy that Imran Khan visited Maulana Rumi's mausoleum, who is a colossal spiritual figure and is like Islam's Confucius. But his visit to Ankara is rather irrelevant.

Well, if you look at it from purely material lens then yes, Pak-Turkey relations are rather overrated. We here know that Turkey cannot help Pak even 1% the way China and Saudi can. Back in 2013, Turkey even refused to give Pak a GSP+ status, something it gives to all with exception to Pak and Armenia. Can you realize how ridiculous this 'bonhomie' looks after that? Out of respect for these people Pak doesn't recognize Armenia even though we have absolutely zilch conflict with either them or the Kurds, even though frankly deep inside we know that they're being persecuted. In Afghan civil war Turks were supporting Northern Alliance, who are actually very anti-Pakistan.

It's just that there's a spiritual lens which mostly drives this relationship. People here have soft corner for them. I remember couple of years ago a Turkish delegation came to Pak and they were shown so much hospitality & love that they had tears in their eyes when they left. I'm particularly happy that Imran Khan visited Maulana Rumi's mausoleum, who is a colossal spiritual figure and is like Islam's Confucius. But his visit to Ankara is rather irrelevant.
Turkey is not even a neigbor of Pakistan, Pakistan will get nothing from Turkey except for some oral moral but in real life uesless support.

Back
Top Bottom