What's new

Turkey needs middle-range bombers and long-range stealth cruise missiles

SU-34?

Good thing to fulfill that role.

SU-34 is a tactical Mulitirole Fighter Bomber which have no Stealth Capabillities, less Range and Payload to fullfill strategic Missions. The TU-22M3 "Backfire" could fullfill Anti - Access/Area Denial Missions that cover the western mediterran and moroccan atlantic Coast. With an unrefueled Radius of ~2,200 NM TU-22 Backfire C can Carry up to 8 ALCM or 3 Supersonic AShM. With this Capabilitie TurAF can Strike strategic Targets deep inside enemy Terretory as well it can conduct Anti - Shipping Missions. An Aircraft with the Performance of TU-22 Backfire could be usefull to keep the Sea Lanes into the arabic Sea for Turkic Brother States open.

I doubt the Russians could sell TU-22 to Turkey and TurAF does not have any Infra structure to Support such Aircraft and the Bomber have no Stealth Capabilities which are important to Penetrate Enemy Air Defence. I would rather opt a Concept based on T-FX(enlarged) or derived from a stealth UAV/UCAV(enlarged), which have similar Performance like TU-22.

I would go for something similar like FB-23.

About the Performance of TU-22:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APAA/APA-2005-03P.pdf

If you ask me this things are nice to have..

What we should do is some more ballistic missles up to 600-800 km with 1000kg payload..
Than we need cruise missles with up to 1600 km and 500kg payload
Everything under 500kg payload is insufficient yes you need smaller ones sometimes but 500kg should be the goal

We need Akkor and than improved Akkor 2 with more ammunition on every vehicle

Anti air missles Specially shoulder mounted and some with 20 km altitude and serious Sam systemS
Anti tank Missiles we need to produce own rpg with good penetration against modern Tanks and their defense like Akkor
Than we need something like tow or like a shoulder mounted mini cirit

All on its way But it's urgent..

Also we should think to build technology kits for guerilla style war

From suicide rc to drones and full robots

....To simple ignitors and other useful stuff

Personally I think we will definitely see a warning from eu and us against us

If you ask me this things are nice to have..

What we should do is some more ballistic missles up to 600-800 km with 1000kg payload..
Than we need cruise missles with up to 1600 km and 500kg payload
Everything under 500kg payload is insufficient yes you need smaller ones sometimes but 500kg should be the goal

We need Akkor and than improved Akkor 2 with more ammunition on every vehicle

Anti air missles Specially shoulder mounted and some with 20 km altitude and serious Sam systemS
Anti tank Missiles we need to produce own rpg with good penetration against modern Tanks and their defense like Akkor
Than we need something like tow or like a shoulder mounted mini cirit

All on its way But it's urgent..

Also we should think to build technology kits for guerilla style war

From suicide rc to drones and full robots

....To simple ignitors and other useful stuff

Personally I think we will definitely see a warning from eu and us against us

I speaking about something which is possible arround 2040, not something in the next 5 - 10 Years ! The medium Range Bomber will be one element in a Chain of Messures for the Anti - Access/Area Denial Strategy. Marketing for turkish made Weapon Systems like Hisar Family, Mizrak Familiy, Stealthy FAC, MILGEM, Anka, other Drones, armoured Vehicles, Tanks, MLRS, ballistic and Cruise Missile(up to 300 km) will be Part of this Strategy.

Not to forget the built up of Bases on the arabian Peninsula, Somalia, in mid or long term also in north Africa. Long Range MPA like P-8, AIP Submarines, as well Cruise Missiles Deployed on Submarines and Surface Warships are Part of this Strategy.

Last edited:
foas4.jpg

Using Transport Aircraft as Cruise Missile Carrier can be an interim Solution for TurAF until turkish Indutry can become Capable to develop medium Range Bomber, likely after T - FX completion.

Back
Top Bottom