What's new

Turkey needs middle-range bombers and long-range stealth cruise missiles

Well I'm no expert but that opening post sounded like he'd read 2-3 lines and already concluded what we needed based on his own country's experience with chinese and russian tech.

And everyone else joined the bandwagon and already gunning for a ww3... lol

Are you kidding me?

As far as I know rankings go
1. Turkey
2. Egypt
3. Israel
4. Iran

p.s. please don't compare a 6-8 million man country to a 80 million one... it will just sound funny.

1. Turkey
2. Egypt
3. Israel
4. Iran

p.s. please don't compare a 6-8 million man country to a 80 million one... it will just sound funny.
Yet Israel has beaten up Egypt in all of its wars, sold Turkey weapons AND NOT the opposite, the Israeli air force has supremacy over the Middle East, the Israeli ground army is the most modern and in many aspects the biggest in the Middle East, the Israeli army is the most advanced without any doubt and while its navy isn't the strongest, it has the best submarines and a combination of its navy with its airforce would easily destroy all of the enemy navies and anyone trying to cover them. Population didn't matter in any of our wars, when we were outgunned and outnumbered.

@brokk

Bro quantity doesn't matter but quality.

In this region Israel has most advance and modern land and air forces.

Turkiye ain't in 1. place but 3. Or 4. place. Even Saudi's have better army than we have currently.

@brokk

Turkiye ain't in 1. place but 3. Or 4. place. Even Saudi's have better army than we have currently.
Both matters. If a country has good 400 to 500 4.5th Generation and other country also has 4th Generation Jets but more than 2000 than sorry quality of first country won't save it from getting beaten up

@Zarvan

Unfortunately wrong calculation bro. At war there are many different parameters which may effect the end of war. Being a nuclear power is one of 'em.

Plus if you aren't able to replace your losses as soon as possible your doomed. Turkiye has no that ability unfortunately.

Again quantity doesn't matter if it does Arab Israel war could have been a perfect sample for us.

Little Israel beat whole Arab forces up very well alone.

Turkiye has no very advance and modern an army comparing Israel. We must be realistic bro. Even if we started to work hard to catch Israel up we need minimum 10 years. In this 10 years period Israel must do nothing.

Last edited:
Yet Israel has beaten up Egypt in all of its wars, sold Turkey weapons AND NOT the opposite, the Israeli air force has supremacy over the Middle East, the Israeli ground army is the most modern and in many aspects the biggest in the Middle East, the Israeli army is the most advanced without any doubt and while its navy isn't the strongest, it has the best submarines and a combination of its navy with its airforce would easily destroy all of the enemy navies and anyone trying to cover them. Population didn't matter in any of our wars, when we were outgunned and outnumbered.

Everything depends where the 'war' will take place and for how long. You might have a modern army, but as soon as casualties start piling high, you don't have enough of a population to go on in prolonged warfare. While as if it were a blitzkrieg type attack or mini war lasting a week or so, with external support (US, UK, France) yes Israel will do miracles and has done so...as for Israeli navy in comparison to the Turkish one it is lacking at best.

@brokk

I'd advise you to stop whatever you are using, its getting to your head too much.. lol :) in prolonged warfare quantity matters, if you don't have a population or the factories to overcome your losses then you loose the battle...

In a non-proxy, full-on, head-to-head battle tiny countries with populations less than 50-60% of their rival will generally loose that is if they have more or less similar technology and armament.

@brokk

Prolonged war...

Yeah if you can be alive that long maybe. Especially against very advanced enemy like Israel.

After got a few fallen nukes in your head you may be able to overcome your losses maybe. Who knows?

I suggest you stop living on la la lands. There is no earth Turkiye can match with Israel.

Last edited:
@brokk

Prolonged war...
Yeah if you can be alive that long maybe. Especially against very advanced enemy like Israel.
After got a few fallen nukes in your head you may be able to overcome your losses maybe. Who knows?
I suggest you stop living on la la lands. There is no earth Turkiye can match with Israel.

There is no possibility of Israel using nukes against a country such a close proximity to itself, even their own ex-president said it in a TV show that these are last resort weapons so that Israelites won't re-live events of the holocaust ever again. That is before I even go into a non-NATO country nuking a NATO country and the fact that Israel is currently descending quickly from the graces of countries that have so far helped it exist in a sea of enemies...

This Topic is regarding a need of TAF for medium Range Bombers and
I believe @cabatli_53 can make a brief summary about Turkish strategic anti-surface missile programs.

But what I wonder is perhaps we should ask ourselves that let's assume we funded these missiles. Who will we use them against?

The Navy have openly stated that they will induct P-8 Poseidon long range ASW/MPA aircraft.

Gezgin LACM with a 1000+ km is under development

SOM probably have reached 300-500km in launch tests

Nuclear umbrella is under modernization program as well. US plans to modernize its nuclear arsenal in Europe.

We can clearly expect that considering the F-35 purchase, the B-61 nuclear bombs deployed in Incirlik AB will receive Mod 12 upgrade. At 2015, first missile test for B61-12 was conducted. Therefore nuclear umbrella is also under modernization.

What more good use we will have if we add medium to long range bombers into our inventory? I doubt anyone will be willing to sell such aircraft to anyone. For our requirements it must be stealthy too so noone will sell it to anyone. So we must develop it ourselves. You're talking about a program that may cost at least 6-7 billion dollars with that money you can do a lot of better things if not modernize the enormously large mechanized divisions of the army.

Gezgin will be enough to Cover the Caucasus, eastern Mediterran Region and the Balkan. In long Term Varaints with longer Range will be becoming important to Increase the Range to detter Enemys with a big strategic Depth or which are far away from Turkey and could threat strategic Interests of Turkey. Gezgin will be deployed on mobile launch Platfform(TEL) or on Destroyers,(Frigates) and Submarines.

For exmple: Ship and Submarine launched Cruise Missiles need to be rearmed, this need a resupply Chain, TEL need to be deployed in the Range of likely Enemy Targets and are depend on Bases. IF TEL with Cruise Missiles will be deployed outside of Turkey in northern Africa or arabian Peninsula it will attrackt attention by an likely Enemy which could Start an preemtive strike. This can't be any Solution for an whole north Africa Anti-Access Area Denial Strategy which cover the moroccan atlantic Coast. The Port of Gwadar which could become a important Hub for Central Asian Turkic States, the Access for these States to Sea Lanes in the arabian Sea must also be Secured and this needs a Strategy were more than Land, Sea launched as wel tactical Assests will be needed. Not to mention that the Region Turkestan ends far away from turkish Borders.

This Topic is regarding a need of TAF for medium Range Bombers and

Gezgin will be enough to Cover the Caucasus, eastern Mediterran Region and the Balkan. In long Term Varaints with longer Range will be becoming important to Increase the Range to detter Enemys with a big strategic Depth or which are far away from Turkey and could threat strategic Interests of Turkey. Gezgin will be deployed on mobile launch Platfform(TEL) or on Destroyers,(Frigates) and Submarines.

For exmple: Ship and Submarine launched Cruise Missiles need to be rearmed, this need a resupply Chain, TEL need to be deployed in the Range of likely Enemy Targets and are depend on Bases. IF TEL with Cruise Missiles will be deployed outside of Turkey in northern Africa or arabian Peninsula it will attrackt attention by an likely Enemy which could Start an preemtive strike. This can't be any Solution for an whole north Africa Anti-Access Area Denial Strategy which cover the moroccan atlantic Coast. The Port of Gwadar which could become a important Hub for Central Asian Turkic States, the Access for these States to Sea Lanes in the arabian Sea must also be Secured and this needs a Strategy were more than Land, Sea launched as wel tactical Assests will be needed. Not to mention that the Region Turkestan ends far away from turkish Borders.

:-)

1. Turkey
2. Egypt
3. Israel
4. Iran

Your ranking is funny.

Back
Top Bottom