What's new

Turkey is 'making NATO very uncomfortable'

:pdf:
let me explain you why??
lets take consideration of Armenian Azerbaijan conflict!
Armenia has nothing to offer EU, its in RUssian side, has bad economy and so on..
But, Germany refuse to sell any weapon, even not engine to Azerbaijan..
because of that , Azerbaijani government didnt give billions of dollars project to German companies.. and set many rules against them.. i can write you more, its just an example..
Even Russia sold 4 billions of dollars army technology to Azerbaijan. and by not doing this, they also knew that Azerbaijan will either aim to Russia or to Turkey eventually to receive army technologies...
now mr European, explain this policy to me..:triniti:

The Armenians have a sympathetic trend on their side.I'm sry but historically they really had a lot more land in the region than they do now thus Europeans tend to be sympatethic to their cause.On top of that,Azerbaidjan is a theocracy ruled by a family clan and Germany is very scrupulous about such clients.

Russia sells because they know that no amount of military stuff will be enough for Azerbaidjan to go against Armenia as Russia will step in immediately.

I know it's easy to play the religious card when things don't go your way but for God's sake just take a look before at EU's anti Christian policies before playing that card.If these guys in Bruxelles have their way there won't be any Christianity within 50-60 years in Europe.

Last edited:
But how will Turkey face Russian threat then?

Only way Turkey can leave NATO is if Turkey has a robust nuclear weapon and missile capability that is able to create an effective deterrence against the Russians.

This is hard to come by.

Hi,

There is no threat from Russia for turkey---. As a matter of fact Russia will be happy .

Hi,

There is no threat from Russia for turkey---. As a matter of fact Russia will be happy .

Wrong.

Russians have always wanted to control the straits. There is no threat now, but what about the coming decades?

Threat perception is always on "capability" and not so much on "intention."

India might sincerely not have any intentions to attack Pak, but our military will/should not let its guard down. Why? because India has the capability to damage Pakistan real bad.

Same goes for Russia.

There was no threat to Crimea and Ukraine from Russia in 2006 :)

Russians have always wanted to control the straits. There is no threat now, but what about the coming decades?
Oh that is typical fear mongering. You cannot equate Crimea with Turkey. Russia has had claims on Crimea since centuries. You cannot think Russia will try to dominate Turkish Navy through it's one port in the area.
As far as i know, Turkish Russian ties are going to improve.

Oh that is typical fear mongering. You cannot equate Crimea with Turkey. Russia has had claims on Crimea since centuries. You cannot think Russia will try to dominate Turkish Navy through it's one port in the area.
As far as i know, Turkish Russian ties are going to improve.

There is a reason why civilians like you never decide the policies of states. :)

Turks know whats up.

Without NATO shield, Turkey is at threat from Russia. It is an undeniable fact that Turkish military and policy makers know.

Chill..

Without NATO shield, Turkey is at threat from Russia. It is an undeniable fact that Turkish military and policy makers know.
I think you need a better understanding of geopolitics and also etiquette of conversation ( your negative ratings seem to indicate you still haven't learnt). Turkey doesn't fall under former Eastern bloc. Russia has no interest in Turkey except to sell them gas. And right now, Turkey seems to be the only European country still mildly interested.

There is a reason why civilians like you never decide the policies of states. :)

Turks know whats up.

Chill..
CCCP was a threat, i don't think Russia still considered as a threat by Turkey. Apart from disagrement in some regional issues...Russian-Turkish relations are good.

They are educating hundreds of Turkish nuclear scientists/engineers as we speak.

So tell me who's is there to help Pakistan, Turkey and Russia, One word from my dictionary CHINA ....... Most respect for you chinese people ........

Russia isn't dumb enough to waste it's energy in a destructive conflict with Turkey. They'd rather spend their energy making sure the EU doesn't poke it's nose into its spheres of influence .

Wrong.

Threat perception is always on "capability" and not so much on "intention."

India might sincerely not have any intentions to attack Pak, but our military will/should not let its guard down. Why?e because India has the capability to damage Pakistan real bad.

Same goes for Russia.

There was no threat to Crimea and Ukraine from Russia in 2006 :)

While I am not a proponent of parting with NATO doing so doesn't mean not having good terms with NATO. NATO still won't let Turkey face threat from Russia on it's own. However NATO will never let go of Turkey as it means losing a lot of ground.

I think correct word will be "To Provide" thats all i mean .......
Well, i don't know about Pakistan and Russia but we have NATO "to provide".

rovide what,do you mean military technology or something else?
Military Technology, Military Assistance, Political Assistance, Military Traning...doesn't matters. NATO provides it all.

I think if you relate this to the US refusal to sell Perry Class frigates to Turkey, it points towards an overall weakening of relationship. But I don't see NATO ever removing Turkey from the Alliance. NATO without Turkey is just 3 countries, US France, UK.

Back
Top Bottom