What's new

Turkey-Iran Relations | News and Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, they are from all parts of Iran, but one goal they have in common is to destroy whatever remained of the Iranian identity.

Since I wasn't born in Iran I couldn't comment on that. But as far as my family is concerned we were treated good.
No, they are not. Most of them are from some special regions.
@Sam1980
You can take a look at these mullah-lover clown comments in this thread to see how much racist mullahs are.

so should we ask from other mods or i should start my flame war ?
ask other mods. I have no controls here. Best thing is to keep this thread productive by posting news etc.

The same ban exist on some Azeri names as well. One of their most irritating actions is changing local names of cities,... (Azeri, turkmen, ...) to Persian, which it does not make sense. Anyway, this shitty act started from Pahlavi dynasty, and mullahs are continuing that policy.
They do that with Persian names as well. Although obviously not all. My brother's name wasn't being accepted for a long time till they finally caved in. Sometimes even Persian names that are in the book don't get accepted just because the guy doesn't like the name or he thinks it's too anti Islam or arab.

Of course minorities have a harder time, but most families have these stories.

They do that with Persian names as well. Although obviously not all. My brother's name wasn't being accepted for a long time till they finally caved in. Sometimes even Persian names that are in the book don't get accepted just because the guy doesn't like the name or he thinks it's too anti Islam or arab.

Of course minorities have a harder time, but most families have these stories.
The most annoying part is changing the cities or lakes or other places names. Every thing is going to be translated to Persian names or Khomeini's name or khamenei's name, or ... :disagree:

The most annoying part is changing the cities or lakes or other places names. Every thing is going to be translated to Persian names or Khomeini's name or khamenei's name, or ... :disagree:
in first 4 years of ahmadinejad they change most of turkmen name here :disagree:

lol yeah

Half the time I can't even pronounce all these arabic names. I need a week's worth of schooling just to learn how to pronounce all these arab names so I know what to tell the taxi drivers lol

in first 4 years of ahmadinejad they change most of turkmen name here :disagree:
:( Yeah, I know. They have also messed up some names. For example, they have renamed Astarabad to Gorgan and renamed gorgan to gonbad. :rofl::omghaha:

lol yeah

Half the time I can't even pronounce all these arabic names. I need a week's worth of schooling just to learn how to pronounce all these arab names so I know what to tell the taxi drivers lol
Are, baayad in asaami ra az tah e me'deh talaffoz koni. :lol:

:( Yeah, I know. They have also messed up some names. For example, they have renamed Astarabad to Gorgan and renamed gorgan to gonbad. :rofl::omghaha:

Are, baayad in asaami ra az tah e me'deh talaffoz koni. :lol:
lol that's what my dad says.

I can't even read these arabic words half the time, let alone pronounce them lol. I remember I learned what all the old actual Persian names used to be (in Isfahan) and I used to say that to all the cab drivers. Worked fine. If I ever go back that's what I shall do again.

o00o if you wanna Morning the pahlavids i should type until morning ;) , i tell you a secret about gorgan , historicly there was no gorgan ! asterabad was asterabad , gonbad was jawjo or something like that thay just know there was a gorgan in 8-13 century but they don't know where exactly it is i see the named Urgench as gorgan ganj کهنه گرگانج :lol: as they say sang moft gonjeshk moft ;) i see they even claimed cheleken as chahar kan چهارکن :rofl:

Hazar, Turkmenistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we both know chahar kan has no meaning ! cheleken in turkmen means Barrel house (boshke khane ) , chelek/cheleg in turkmen means Barrel (boshke) , ken/kent in turkic means house it was the a island where our ships full their waters look , at them now :lol: living in their propaganda world they made for themselves :omghaha:

as the old ones saysa great lie is easier to be believed :P

Last edited:
You are a low knowledge idiot. Their name was exactly the same as what we name it today. Anyway, Azerbaijani cities never have had Farsi names, and these new names are pure creation of Farsi mullahs.

LOL, you racist backward clowns are really hilarious. It seems that you have directly come from 2000 years ago to this age.
Why do you fight against history? who are you internet-kid?

Ashghabad (persian)
The name in Persian means "city of love" or "city of devotion". Some Turkmen scholars insist that the name goes back to the Parthian era, deriving from the name of the founder of the Parthian Empire, Arsaces I of Parthia, modified by Turkish pronunciation to Ashk-Abad (the city of Ashk).[2]

Samarkand Persian/Indo-Iranian:
According to Sanskrit texts, the original name of Samarkand was "Markanda", named after the Vedic saint of the same name - Markanda. The Greeks later referred to the city as Maracanda, which is a corruption of its former Sanskrit name.[2] The city was known by an abbreviated name of Marakanda when Alexander the Great took it in 329 BC.[2]There are various theories of how Marakanda evolved into Samarkanda/Samarkan. It is common to prefix "as" or "su" to names in Sankrit to denote its good nature, hence Sumarkanda. Another derives the name from the Old Persian asmara, "stone", "rock", and Sogdian kand, "fort", "town".[3]

Astana

Bukhara:
Bukhara was known as Bukhoro in 19th- and early 20th-century English publications and as Buhe/Puhe(捕喝)in Tang Chinese.[2] According to the Encyclopædia Iranica the name Bukhara is possibly derived from the Soghdianβuxārak ("Place of Good Fortune").[3] It may also be related to Sanskritvihara.

Baku
The name Baku is widely believed to be derived from the old Persian names of the city باد-کوبه Bād-kube, meaning "Wind-pounded city", in which bād means "wind" and kube is rooted in the verb کوبیدن kubidan, "to pound", thus referring to a place where wind is strong and pounding.[7] Indeed, the city is renowned for its fierce winter snow storms and harsh winds. This is also reflected in the city's nickname as the "City of Winds". A less probable folk etymology explains the name as deriving from Baghkuy, meaning "God's town". Baga (now بغbagh) and kuy) are the Old Persian words for "god" and "town" respectively; the name Baghkuy may be compared with Baghdād ("God-given") in which dād is the Old Persian word for "give". Arabic sources refer to the city as Baku, Bakukh, Bakuya, and Bakuye, all of which seem to come from a Persian name.

Ganja
Even though some sources from medieval Islamic time attribute the building of the town to Muslim Arab ruler, modern historians believe that the fact that the name Ganja (گنجه / Ganjeh) derives from the New Persian ganj (گنج: "treasure, treasury") and in Arabic source the name is recorded as Janza (Middle Persian: ganza: treasure, treasury") suggests that the city existed in pre-Islamic times and was likely founded in the 5th century.[4] The area in which Ganja is located was known asArran from the 9th to 12th century; its urban population spoke mainly in the Persian language.[5][6]
Lankaran
The old form of the name was "Langarkanan" that in Persian means "the place of pulling up the anchor(s)" : "Langar" (Persian: لنگر‎, anchor) + "kan" (Persian: کن‎, to pull) + "an"(Persian: آن‎, suffix of places). However, some sources state that Lankaran is said to come from the Talish words for 'Cane house', which sounds as 'Lan Karan'.[2][3] Alternatively, fromMedian *Lan(a)karan-, where *karan- means 'border, region, land' and Lan is probably a name of a Caspian tribe.[4]

Shirvan
(sassanid king anushirvan)

Nakhchivan:
The word Nakhchivan was differently presented in early sources.
Naksuana in Greek
Nakhch in Pehlevi
Nakhchuan in Arabic
In some Turkish sources Nakhchivan was presented as Nagshijahan. The city name was presented as Nakhch in the Pehlevi language on the coins minted in the name of Sasany emperor on VI century.
In the Persian sources the city name was given as Nakhjir. Nashawa, Naqshi-Jahan.

Shaki:
According to the Azerbaijani historians, the name of the town goes back to the ethnonym of the Iranic Sakas, who reached the territory of modern day Azerbaijan in the 7th century B.C. and populated it for several centuries.[3] In the medieval sources, the name of the town is found in various forms such as Sheke, Sheki, Shaka, Shakki, Shakne, Shaken, Shakkan, Shekin.

Barda
The name of the town derives from Old Armenian Partaw (Պարտաւ),[4] itself from Iranian *pari-tāva- 'rampart', from *pari-'around' and *tā̆v- 'to throw; to heap up'.[5]

Neftçala:

naft comes from old persian naft (oil).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom