What's new

Turkey invites Malaysia to join its TF-X future fighter jet program

Welcome back from being banned.
Who says there is no abnormality in this world?
But there are also Rational Nations in this world like Pakistan India China USA Germany France UK.....
why you thinks that they should develop/get 4th gen jets first then thinks for 5th gen jets, its their choice, and this is just an offer for them by Turkey, let them decide first

why you thinks that they should develop/get 4th gen jets first then thinks for 5th gen jets, its their choice, and this is just an offer for them by Turkey, let them decide first
There is a very giant technology gap between 3rd and 5th generation.
First they need to understand the basics of 3 axis control by wire HMD BVRs
Electronic warfare supercrusing
And other stuffs.Then comes the stealth generation.

TFX is about 10-15 years away. They have plenty of time to learn.

bro they have a air force, so they know better these things better than you and me, and stop being stupid, They have a Air force, not Country without an Air force

France is skipping 5th in favor of sixth. Keep your prejudice to yourself
They already have a 4.5++ gen Rafale Which have semi stealth mode and share many features with 5th gen and They are also have inputs as an alley in F-35 development....

https://www.defensenews.com/air/202...5Kvl2WKi1B3hQ7aie_dy5QEgSDWqvdNSwFHEH6uApDI9k

ANKARA, Turkey — A state-owned Turkish company as invited Malaysia to join the country’s indigenous fighter program, the TF-X, following Ankara’s suspension from the U.S.-led F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program.

Temel Kotil, CEO of Turkish Aerospace Industries, said he is now awaiting Malaysia’s reply. Last year, TAI signed a memorandum of understanding with the Asian nation for the co-production of TF-X composites.

TAI is also considering Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Kazakhstan as potential partners or buyers of the future fighter jet.

“[TF-X] will be the first big fighter jet of the Muslims,” Kotil said. “Building the aircraft first and then selling it is a modality. But we think it’s better if we take in partners at this stage."

The company also invited Malaysia to partner on its Hurkus, a trainer and light attack aircraft.

Meanwhile, the Turkish government is keen to revive talks with British company Rolls-Royce for the design and production of the TF-X. Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said in December that the government wants to move forward with its planned cooperation with Britain for the production of the aircraft. But Turkey must first select an engine for the TF-X and then finalize the aircraft’s full design — a process that has lagged behind schedule.

A £100 million (U.S. $131 million) deal between Rolls-Royce and Turkish manufacturer Kale Group was effectively put on hold amid uncertainties over technology transfer.

In October 2016, Rolls-Royce offered a joint production partnership to Turkey to power the country’s planned platforms. The offer involved potential sales to third parties and a production unit in Turkey to manufacture engines for the TF-X as well as helicopters, tanks and missiles.
What is the total budget for this program? F35 program cost canada lot and ppl not happy with it here.

bro they have a air force, so they know better these things better than you and me, and stop being stupid, They have a Air force, not Country without an Air force
I will only say
It Should be an Air Force.
Article mistake.

They already have a 4.5++ gen Rafale Which have semi stealth mode and share many features with 5th gen and They are also have inputs as an alley in F-35 development....
stop it, you're nobody to decide not to go/join TFX project, and they Air force they all know what is HMD,TVC, fly by wire,electronic countermeasures, super cruising etc etc better than both of us

I will only say
It Should be an Air Force.
Article mistake.
Don't troll, you're nobody to decide that they will not go to join TFX project,they Air force they all know what is HMD,TVC, fly by wire,electronic countermeasures, super cruising etc etc better than both of us

stop it, you're nobody to decide not to go/join TFX project, and they Air force they all know what is HMD,TVC, fly by wire,electronic countermeasures, super cruising etc etc better than both of us

Don't troll, you're nobody to decide that they will not go to join TFX project,they Air force they all know what is HMD,TVC, fly by wire,electronic countermeasures, super cruising etc etc better than both of us
Actually it depends upon the combat experiences to know about such good stuff as far as I know BD air force has no combat experience.
I was just commenting as there is nobody in this pdf has authority to do anything including you.
Do you really think India ever allowed them to have a competent Air Force?
They should first procure J-10CE or F-16s
Even F/A-18sThen they should look for 5th gen.

Actually it depends upon the combat experiences to know about such good stuff as far as I know BD air force has no combat experience.
I was just commenting as there is nobody in this pdf has authority to do anything including you.
Does Japaneses have combat experience for their 4th gen jets since ww2 and now they inducting 5th jet, does Korean have a combat experience with its 4th gen jets since Korean war (1951/1952) now they are developing KFX, keep your stupid conspiracy theories by yourself

By your logic BD should start with building 1st gen aircraft since we dont have any experience in this field. Step by step right? By that time world will be seeing 10th gen I guess, not a very rational approach dont u think? Anyway the invitation was given to Malaysia. BD should try to squeeze in the project if possible at all.

Back
Top Bottom