What's new

Turkey deputy: weapons being smuggled to Syria

NeutralCitizen

Reaction score
Many firearms from Turkey have entered Syria, and the Turkish government has stopped alleged arms-smuggling activities at a border post between the two countries, a Turkish opposition deputy said yesterday.

"You see many Turkish-made firearms in Syria," Mehmet Ali Ediboglu, a deputy from the province of Hatay, which borders Syria, said in a telephone interview. "I don't know how they got into the country."

Mr Ediboglu, a member of the Republican People's Party (CHP), Turkey's main opposition group, visited Syria in September with a delegation of his party. He said Syrian officials presented what they said was evidence of arms smuggling at the Cilvegozu border gate in Hatay. Trucks full of weapons had allegedly been unloaded in the no-man's-land between the Turkish and the Syria control points, he said.

"The Syrians said the arms ended up with the Muslim Brotherhood," an Islamic group opposing the regime of Bashar Al Assad, the Syrian president, Mr Ediboglu said.

The Syrian government has accused the US of supporting the Muslim Brotherhood. Turkey has condemned the Syrian regime's use of force against a seven-month-old uprising and has given political support to the Syrian opposition.

Mr Ediboglu said that the CHP informed Ankara about the Syrian accusations and that he went to the Cilvegozu border gate to check. "Some people there used the no-man's-land to get cheap petrol from sellers in Syria, and they said they saw trucks unloading some containers."

He said the Turkish government later ended the practice by enforcing a no-stop rule for vehicles in the no-man's-land.

There was no comment by the government in response to Mr Ediboglu's statements, which came as a Syrian military deserter said Turkey should step up its support for opposition forces Damascus.

Col Riyad Al Asaad, a military officer who fled to Turkey this year, told the Milliyet daily that opposition forces known as the "Free Syrian Army" had 15,000 men that operated inside Syria in 22 different units.

Free Syrian Army" had 15,000 men that operated inside Syria in 22 different units.

May Allah bless free syrian army and the ppl of syria, i hope they hang this murderer bashar in the capital city soon.

TARIQ

they claim to have 15,000 but will all 15,000 fight ? lol the ones inside syria are in homs which are being crushed right now, heheh Allah has blessed Dr. Assad because the syrian opposition is divided and has no support, a few days ago our soldiers killed 20 FSA who tried to attack our troops heheh we will drag their bodies though the streets.

they claim to have 15,000 but will all 15,000 fight ? lol the ones inside syria are in homs which are being crushed right now, heheh Allah has blessed Dr. Assad because the syrian opposition is divided and has no support, a few days ago our soldiers killed 20 FSA who tried to attack our troops heheh we will drag their bodies though the streets.

i m glad u accepted there r army personnel who left the army and fighting the criminal's forces a good farward step. don't worry it is only days when bashar will be hanged next to the amawy masjid. i wish u would not change ur id and come to this forum then.

TARIQ

This is going to be same as Qadaffi , when he was alive we were all after him to go away and now he is dead , we see that he was best of Libya...............

Anyone who stands against zionists will be killed just like that.

Assad will fall today or tomorrow and this Muslim brotherhood will come to power and then Isreal will claim syria to make a greater isreal .................follow the stream of fake revolutions or be the part to oppose it.

i m glad u accepted there r army personnel who left the army and fighting the criminal's forces a good farward step. don't worry it is only days when bashar will be hanged next to the amawy masjid. i wish u would not change ur id and come to this forum then.

TARIQ

Heh only a few hundred mostly sunnis fighting, the syrian army a 250,000 strong force is made up of alwais loyal to Assad, didn't you claim that last week ?

This is going to be same as Qadaffi , when he was alive we were all after him to go away and now he is dead , we see that he was best of Libya...............

Anyone who stands against zionists will be killed just like that.

Assad will fall today or tomorrow and this Muslim brotherhood will come to power and then Isreal will claim syria to make a greater isreal .................follow the stream of fake revolutions or be the part to oppose it.

this criminal never fired a single shot in jolan heights since 40 years. they flew over his palace he didnot move, they destroyed the so called reactor and he is still not doing a thing

TARIQ

this criminal never fired a single shot in jolan heights since 40 years. they flew over his palace he didnot move, they destroyed the so called reactor and he is still not doing a thing

TARIQ

and you want us to risk war ? we can build more reactors and they have developed golan for us we will get it back when Palestine is established. think boy think

Heh only a few hundred mostly sunnis fighting, the syrian army a 250,000 strong force is made up of alwais loyal to Assad, didn't you claim that last week ?

yes these alwaies r bunch of cowards they never capture a city of their own they can oppress the un armed personnel but these sunnies have the blood of their forefathers who spread islam all over the world.

Ur criminal bashar will be hanged next to amawy masjid soon.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

and you want us to risk war ? we can build more reactors and they have developed golan for us we will get it back when Palestine is established. think boy think

lol always finding a place behind the others this is what this alwai regime is ( as i said in my previous post they r cowards )

TARIQ

yes these alwaies r bunch of cowards they never capture a city of their own they can oppress the un armed personnel but these sunnies have the blood of their forefathers who spread islam all over the world.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

lol always finding a place behind the others this is what this alwai regime is ( as i said in my previous post they r cowards )

TARIQ

Tariq bahi y are u so against him.If his people want he will go ..............

TARIQ

you must be dumb really sunnis can't even unite themselves now :D let alone spread islam amawy masjid won't exist if they want war
again you avoid my questions

SCP

Tariq bahi y are u so against him.If his people want he will go ..............

Assalam alaikum

Brother his ppl revolted against his father in 82, he killed more then 40000 in hama'at, u might have always heard about the brutal regimes of middle east well this is in number one position without any doubt.

He promised Arab league he will take the tanks and heavy weapons off the streets but never did. the gave him 2 weeks to see results one week is gone and he is still killing the ppl he can't take tanks off the streets and stop killings coz all syria will come out demanding his hanging.

TARIQ

Back
Top Bottom