What's new

Turkey could join Shanghai bloc: President Erdoğan

That's fine, as long as the EU accepts you. Which is tough since even a single EU member can veto your entry. Not to mention Germany who is the de facto leader of the EU.

Whereas the SCO definitely will accept Turkey.
I am more than happy to join SCO. Europe will always send their tourists and investments anyways, so see no harm in choosing SCO.

but there is big but there iam not even sure the eu is going to survive the next 5years or 10, there are alot of far right movement grownig, all over europe marine le pen of france or netherlands geert wilders and all of these guys have one things in common they hate muslims and eu .. and we all know the last time europe elected far right was not a happy ending....
Like you said. EU will not be around for long, it's a sinking ship.
I know a lot of Europeans invested in Turkey because of our EU application , Oh well.
The alarm bells are ringing when a country like UK wants no part of it.

Egypt, Syria, Israel, Ukraine interested in collaborating with SCO - SCO Secretary-General
November 23, 2016 TASS

SCO’s secretary-general says the grouping is in no hurry to expand.

sco_heads_of_state_rtx1jupq_600.jpg

A group photograph of the SCO heads of state during a summit in Ufa in 2015. Source: Reuters

Egypt, Israel, Syria, and Ukraine are interested in collaborating with the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in a variety of ways, SCO Secretary-General Rashid Alimov told Russian reporters on Nov. 22 at the UN headquarters. He added that the SCO was in no rush to expand.

“There are many aspirants,” Alimov said. “We have queries from Israel, Egypt, Syria, Ukraine, the Maldives, and from some others. The SCO continues drawing interest.”

He suggested that this interest would further grow after the admission of new members, India and Pakistan.

“We’re not rushing to expand,” he said. “Now we’re working step by step with India and Pakistan as specified by the Memorandum on Obligations. First we will round out this procedure and then we’ll see how the whole pattern works.”

He said expansion was not an end in itself for the SCO. “We proceeded from the assumption that conditions should be ripe, and now by our 15th anniversary they’re ripe and we’re taking steps forward.”

The SCO was founded in 2001 by Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

The procedure of extending full membership to India and Pakistan began in 2015.

Turkey to chair 2017 Energy Club of Shanghai Cooperation Organization

Turkey will chair the Energy Club of Shanghai Cooperation Organization in 2017, being the first non-SCO country to do so.

The SCO Energy Club brings together some of the world largest energy producers and consumers in the same body.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW...

http://www.dailysabah.com/energy/20...rgy-club-of-shanghai-cooperation-organization

---
Was this planned or ad hoc?

If Turkey would be a nuklear power ( i mean if it has some nuklear missiles. Not many! May be 15-20) , than i agree to be a fully independent country and be an observer in all pacts (eu, nato, sco , africa union, even nafta and safta lol.... ).

We need a nukleer umbrella and air defence protection basicly. If we go out from western unions with a sudden anger, it means we be out of umbrellas. We cant depend on russia's or china's nuke umbrella.. and sco is not that kind of pact either.

So, have a nukleer missiles first. Thus, be an equal partner and power in every kind of relation . Than attend to where you want or not..

I believe Turkey has nuclear weapons
According to some Russian experts, Turkey already has its own nuclear weapon technology since the mid 90's, which it got unofficially from the US, and the black market at the time. The exact amount is unknown, but it is exactly the same situation as Israel. Note, that these aren't the Nato B61's that were located in Incirlik airbase.

I can't believe that. The U.S. Won't give nuke weapons to any state where Israel is there.
The only possible way to get must be Pakistan , as they are so close.

Grow up. World bows to the rising sun not to the setting sun ! Diplomacy backed by strength works. Look around.

Diplomacy backed by strength works indeed. But if this strength turns into unjustified violence, this leads to horrific situations like World Wars. And this world cannot bear another global conflict as weapons that are capable of destroying entire cities in one volley are around.

Turkey won't join SCO or EU, our advantage comes from being able to play both sides. Once we join one we lose that ability.

Turkey won't join SCO or EU, our advantage comes from being able to play both sides. Once we join one we lose that ability.
Your beloved leaders/AKP want us in EU, even though every European except Germans and the poor Eastern/Southern Europeans want out :lol:

maybe we should form a union with iraq syria iran and maybe even armenia or palestine since erdogan cares so much what could possibly go wrong

The EU is basically a ingenious plan to make exclusive a market, and tax the heck out of everyone else who wants to buy or sell there.. now that the resources of this market have been exhausted, and their mutual racism and fascism is getting in the way of it expanding for newer pastures.... it is in a downfall.. So at the moment it is a sinking ship, where all the passengers and rats are trying to save themselves, and one-two people (Turkey, Ukraine...) are desperately trying to board it...

Stop believing and being taxing, begin getting on their nerves, begin showing the consequences to their racist actions.... they can do the sh.t they do because Turkey takes no action and blindly accepts whatever they do and say if not directly then eventually...

There are many more markets across the globe, and many more actions Turkey can take, that will impact the EU very badly.. which is something I would like to see for all of the crap they've hurled at Turkey over the years.

Last edited:
Now our gov. is wiggling it's tail for SCO.:haha:
It was ASEAN a few months when Erdogan visited Indonesia, if I remember right. Now its SCO :lol:

The EU is basically a ingenious plan to make exclusive a market, and tax the heck out of everyone else who wants to buy or sell there.. now that the resources of this market have been exhausted, and their mutual racism and fascism is getting in the way of it expanding for newer pastures.... it is in a downfall.. So at the moment it is a sinking ship, where all the passengers and rats are trying to save themselves, and one-two people (Turkey, Ukraine...) are desperately trying to board it...

Stop believing and being taxing, begin getting on their nerves, begin showing the consequences to their racist actions.... they can do the sh.t they do because Turkey takes no action and blindly accepts whatever they do and say if not directly then eventually...

There are many more markets across the globe, and many more actions Turkey can take, that will impact the EU very badly.. which is something I would like to see for all of the crap they've hurled at Turkey over the years.
EU will not last the decade.Too many want out, and who can blame them. but Erdogan is the only idiot that cannot see it..or can he?
As long as the tourists keep coming, i don't care.

Tourists aren't coming because Turkey it is a prospective EU member, they are coming because Turkey is a cheap, secure and good vacation destination. To go to the EU, a Russian had to (don't know how long it takes now) wait in a long line, to get into a que, to give money, then documents, then wait a lot longer to see if he/she can get a visa or not..(2 weeks to 2 months) compare that to Turkey. (I would hope that Turkey makes getting Visa's into Turkey for EU citizens a lot harder, and only via consulates. The same exact thing they do for Turkish citizens, which from what I'm told only doesn't ask for blood samples from your first born.. lol )

The problem at the moment with Turkey is security and biased negative press which will increase nearing summer as it always does (financed by some EU nations to pull away more tourists to themselves).

Tourists aren't coming because Turkey it is a prospective EU member

Of course not, what I meant is, weather we remain outside of EU or not, tourists will keep coming, and that is all i care about, and lets be honest, a lot of expats bought homes in Turkey because of our EU begging lol, sure, not all, but it did help convince a lot to buy in Turkey

they are coming because Turkey is a cheap, secure and good vacation destination.

And let us hope it continues to stay cheap and secure for many years to come.

(I would hope that Turkey makes getting Visa's into Turkey for EU citizens a lot harder, and only via consulates.
How is that good for us? Surely that wouldn't be good for our tourism industry !!! But I see where you are coming from.

The problem at the moment with Turkey is security and biased negative press

And yet, we still attract a lot of tourists from Europe, astonishing really.

It was ASEAN a few months when Erdogan visited Indonesia, if I remember right. Now its SCO :lol:

EU will not last the decade.Too many want out, and who can blame them. but Erdogan is the only idiot that cannot see it..or can he?
can you imagine eu with out britian france netherlands, these are the countries which will most likely left the eu for the next 5 or 10 years, one allready left.. the only rich country i can think of which is bro eu is germany the others are all eastern european shitholes like poland bulgaria romania hungry, all gypsies, i mean if you even pay me i wouldn't want to be in same place with these shitholes

Back
Top Bottom