What's new

Turkey could join Shanghai bloc: President Erdoğan

This is actually how skeptical Russians think about Turkey. Just watch it.

Such people exist on both sides, in form of politicians, and military. Not the craziest of them all, but this guy can be explained with 4 words : "He is ethnic Armenian". Who isn't in the parliament at this moment; out of the 550 your country has, how many of them are .. lets say... not normal? :-)

so china is cutting all ties when they are in sco? did russia cut all ties ? who said to cut ties? there is no need to cut ties but to stop that christian club joining idiotic thing.. stop trying to be part of them and having than big influence in their christian club.. and some pressure and fear will go.. but the romans will never drop their enmity against turks and islam

but as I said all times we need more ties with korea, pakistan, japan, china, brasilia kanada india and so on.. if we will join sco and concentrate on that thing than this will be a mistake too
Why would any sane person(s) want us in EU anyways? I am glad we are being kept out. We don't have to deal with the hordes of terrorists!! We don't have to answer to Germany. We are relatively independent.
Now, maybe that's why AKP have been pushing us to join this circus? Now that UK is gone, we can surely forget this idea, and pursue other avenues. SCO perhaps?
I just don't want us to lose European tourists and investments.

Such people exist on both sides, in form of politicians, and military. Not the craziest of them all, but this guy can be explained with 4 words : "He is ethnic Armenian". Who isn't in the parliament at this moment; out of the 550 your country has, how many of them are .. lets say... not normal? :-)

I am sure not a small number.

Why would any sane person(s) want us in EU anyways? I am glad we are being kept out. We don't have to deal with the hordes of terrorists!! We don't have to answer to Germany. We are relatively independent.
Now, maybe that's why AKP have been pushing us to join this circus? Now that UK is gone, we can surely forget this idea, and pursue other avenues. SCO perhaps?
I just don't want us to lose European tourists and investments.

I watched European Parlemant plenary live today. Part of it they disgussed Turkey. Uniletarly they decided frozen the ascension to membership process of Turkey. Voting will take place two days later from today i am not sure about exact date. From all the research i have done it is quaraenteed they will froze everything. We will see what will happen sooner then any of us thing. I sincerely hope right decision will be made for us.

According to UK's UKIP party Brexit was happened because of Turkey. They didnt want any Turks in EU or expecially in UK while making voting decision and still dont want us.

Last edited:
I am sure not a small number.

I watched European Parlemant plenary live today. Part of it they disgussed Turkey. Uniletarly they decided frozen the ascension to membership process of Turkey. Voting will take place two days later from today i am not sure about exact date. From all the research i have done it is quaraenteed they will froze everything. We will see what will happen sooner then any of us thing. I sincerely hope right decision will be made for us.
I can guarantee no right decision will be made for us. that is what AKP is there for.

OMG! They just decided to create EU Army. Every member country has to give %2 of their budget and all the technology they have. This changes everything. Smaller countries have only ww2 military equipment. They cant modernize their army. And now with this they have to dissolve their armies in order to pay %2 or they will try to manage %4: %2 for national %2 for EU Army. And how about Greece, they cant pay their part. I am in shock, i hope i have misunderstood all of this and i am wrong.

I can guarantee no right decision will be made for us. that is what AKP is there for.

I'd say people should be more proactive in a political system they are being represented in, after all it is written in the Turkish National Grand Assembly hall in capital letters for all politicians, and political parties to see "Egemenlik Kayitsiz Sartsiz Milletindir".

I haven't been in Turkey too long, but, if the cost of life had skyrocketed this much due to political bitch fighting among politicians in my country, people would have been demonstrating on the streets asking for heads to roll.

Here... costs of simple every day stuff, from food to electricity, increasing in tidal wave forms, e.g. a fruit/veg 0.5 TL from farmer, becomes 5 TL in the city that is a 900% increase!!!!. I produce cheaper (30%-40%) electricity than a large electricity providing privatized government firms that sell electricity and buy gas more cheaply than I do...isn't that funny? The 30%-40% less price includes generation of heat(winter), refrigeration (cooling)(summer & for a datacenter), along with electricity...and servicing of equipment..

People in Turkey need to be more demanding from their politicians, and not follow political parties as if they were football teams. They are there to serve the people, not the other way around.

OMG! They just decided to create EU Army. Every member country has to give %2 of their budget and all the technology they have. This changes everything. Smaller countries have only ww2 military equipment. They cant modernize their army. And now with this they have to dissolve their armies in order to pay %2 or they will try to manage %4: %2 for national %2 for EU Army. And how about Greece, they cant pay their part. I am in shock, i hope i have misunderstood all of this and i am wrong.

They have been nagging on creating a EU army for a long time now, they also wanted to use NATO bases and equipment for that army, and for this army to count towards their part in NATO. All of which has been declined also for a long time. But good for them, perhaps they might realize their insignificance..

People in Turkey need to be more demanding from their politicians

Tell that to the AKP losers. They care more for their Erdogan than Turkey itself.
I just want what's best for my country. that's all.
Then again, every country hate their politicians , it's not something exclusive to us. But, we should demand more as you say.

According to UK's UKIP party Brexit was happened because of Turkey. They didnt want any Turks in EU or expecially in UK while making voting decision and still dont want us.
I don't think that quite reflects the whole truth. The British are by far more pro Turk then most other European countries. In fact by leaving EU Turkey has lost a ally inside the EU. I would say Turkey's chance of joining EU have reduced since the Brexit, first for the reason I already explained but also as UK was net contributor to EU - there is now going to be extra pressure on EU finances. As new members end up costing money this makes it even more problematic in Turkish entry.

Tell that to the AKP losers. They care more for their Erdogan than Turkey itself.
I just want what's best for my country. that's all.
Then again, every country hate their politicians , it's not something exclusive to us. But, we should demand more as you say.
the average IQ of akp voters is far much lower than any other party :what: that should tell you something

I don't think that quite reflects the whole truth. The British are by far more pro Turk then most other European countries. In fact by leaving EU Turkey has lost a ally inside the EU. I would say Turkey's chance of joining EU have reduced since the Brexit, first for the reason I already explained but also as UK was net contributor to EU - there is now going to be extra pressure on EU finances. As new members end up costing money this makes it even more problematic in Turkish entry.
Good for us, like I said, why would any sane person want us in EU.
Yes, I want closer relations with our European neighbours, but, we should remain out of this Union.

the average IQ of akp voters is far much lower than any other party :what: that should tell you something
AKP is better than CHP, but that isn't saying much.
That is why they are in power, because of CHP and their idiocy. MHP is what we need, but we know why they're not our government.

Anyways back on topic. SCO is not a bad idea, I just don't like the idea of abandoning our European tourists/investments. But closeness with our Uzbek, Kazak cousins appeals to me.

European tourists/investments
They are not going to stop whether you join SCO or not. Tourist choose Turkey for price, weather, food, local culture. As long as you can provide safe environment they will come and more will come.

And your biggest market could be Russia because of it''s proximity - also expect windfall from booming Chinese market. In UK and France efforts are being made to attract Chinese tourists as they are big spenders.

They are not going to stop whether you join SCO or not. Tourist choose Turkey for price, weather, food, local culture. As long as you can provide safe environment they will come and more will come.

And your biggest market could be Russia because of it''s proximity - also expect windfall from booming Chinese market. In UK and France efforts are being made to attract Chinese tourists as they are big spenders.
Good point. We do need to try attract more Asian tourists , overdependent on European tourists/Investment cannot be a good thing for the mid long term.
Makes you wonder why Erdogan hasn't tried to get in SCO before when it was it obvious(to anyone with a functioning brain) EU was not going to let us in.

abandoning europen union is on of the biggest mistake the akp will make, 80 percent of our trade is with eu, just think about that. there is nothing in SCO that Turkey does'nt have cheap chinese labour or cheap products knock of. we allready have that or what about russia i mean does russia produce anything useful other than oil or missiles, compare this with europe it is not even close..its where all the international banks are located its the technology hub in this world its one of the richest continent on the planet... every Turkish defence products have their origin in eu whether its altay with its enigne coming from austria or TAI Attack helicopters)AgustaWestland( i mean its endless so choose your pick carefuly........

abandoning europen union is on of the biggest mistake the akp will make, 80 percent of our trade is with eu, just think about that. there is nothing in SCO that Turkey does'nt have cheap chinese labour or cheap products knock of. we allready have that or what about russia i mean does russia produce anything useful other than oil or missiles, compare this with europe it is not even close..its where all the international banks are located its the technology hub in this world its one of the richest continent on the planet... every Turkish defence products have their origin in eu whether its altay with its enigne coming from austria or TAI Attack helicopters)AgustaWestland( i mean its endless so choose your pick carefuly........

That's fine, as long as the EU accepts you. Which is tough since even a single EU member can veto your entry. Not to mention Germany who is the de facto leader of the EU.

Whereas the SCO definitely will accept Turkey.

but there is big but there iam not even sure the eu is going to survive the next 5years or 10, there are alot of far right movement grownig, all over europe marine le pen of france or netherlands geert wilders and all of these guys have one things in common they hate muslims and eu .. and we all know the last time europe elected far right was not a happy ending....

Back
Top Bottom