What's new

Turkey, China conduct joint air maneuvers

That would be a nightmare for the USA. A lookover of the F-35 can shave years off the China's development program.

Don't see what the fuss is about given how we could get a lookover from Australia as well :rofl:.

That would be a nightmare for the USA. A lookover of the F-35 can shave years off the China's development program.

I do think though TAI could help china with some things since we are contracted to produce F-35 center fuselage parts in Ankara.

We are going to be contracted to produce over 400 of these

a400m_sdd_f35manf_023&

Even more important then that is this.

Turkish Foreign Trade Minister Zafer Caglayan said that Turkey’s defense contractor KaleKalip will start manufacturing F135 engines for F-35 Joint Strike Fighters along with Sikorsky helicopters under license from the United States’ United Technologies Corporation, the Star Gazetesi reported Wednesday.

Caglayan told reporters about his meeting last week with UTC executives aboard a plane en route to Turkey from the United States, noting that UTC’s discussions with KaleKalip began last week, adding, “They will sign a deal next week.”

KaleKalip initially will produce 90 percent of F135 engines’ components for the F-35 aircraft and eventually will manufacture the entire engine. Caglayan said that KaleKalip will launch a $50 million research and development program for the project, adding: “It will start production this year. A group of UTC officials will come to Turkey next week. The plant will probably be based in the Aegean Free Zone.”

^^^^^
That's a helluva a deal for Turkey. How'd you guys manage to bargain that one out?

^^^^^
That's a helluva a deal for Turkey. How'd you guys manage to bargain that one out?

Well we produced our own F-16s under license for over 2 decades. So this was the next step. LM also awards us with contracts to produce F-16s and upgrade ones of other air forces too. Egypt we produced a number of block 40s for. We did upgrades on Jordanian ones and we are currently doing the MLU upgrades for Pakistani F-16s. TAI has considerable knowledge and know how in this field. TAE also produces all General Electric engines under license for our F-16s. So PW decided to go with Kale Group for F-35 engine production.

The Turkish defense minister said on Wednesday that Turkey's share in F-35 joint strike fighter project exceeded 7 billion USD.
Thursday, 11 February 2010 08:36

The Turkish defense minister said on Wednesday that Turkey's share in F-35 joint strike fighter project exceeded 7 billion USD.

Turkey's National Defense Minister Vecdi Gonul said Turkish industry had over 7 billion USD share in joint strike fighter F-35 project.

"If the fact that we will pay 10-11 billion USD to the project is taken into account, we have already achieved 50 percent of our goal," Gonul said during aviation and engine manufacturing facility groundbreaking ceremony in the central province of Eskisehir.

Gonul said the facility will manufacture engines of F-35 fighter under an agreement signed with Pratt & Whitney during the International Defense Industry Fair (IDEF) 2009 Fair.

Around 200 full time staff will be employed during mass production of F-35 engines in the facility.

TESISLERIMIZ-URETIM-TESISLERI-02.JPG

This is where the work is done at TAIs main facility in the Capital.

ENTEGRE&

Recently we have been working on our 737 AWACS we will be doing final modifications on all 4 of them once Boeing completes work on it in Seattle Washington.

Older picture from F-16 production

f16011.jpg

Last edited:
All Turks care about Uighurs as Uighurs are Turks just like Azeris or Kazakhs... That is certainly why erdogan had to say those things, because he has ruined Turkish-Israeli relations for some arabs If he wouldnt say anything for Uighurs he would lose a big crowd in next elections...

In future Sincan will definitely play a big role in Turkish-Chinese relationships...
We don't want or need relations with that illegal Zionist entity.

First of all, I dont care about skin color of the one i talk to, if he feels chinese he is chinese...

If you claim Uighurs are not paying taxes then go to court sue them... This is not even half of what i heard that have done by hans to uighurs. Whatever Sincan is in your damn control, you have to take care of this, you have to keep uighurs and hans live in peace or this can be a trouble in future again...

Personally, i want Turkish-Chinese relationships to grow...

That's the problem; you and many other people hear/read everything on WESTERN media (and Turkish media blindly follows western media in most cases) and believe it. Western media is ALWAYS anti-China and anti-Muslim and pro-Israel. When you read or hear something in western media always assume that the opposite is true.

question to turks in this form: are you guys AK party or not?

im AK party, sorry for getting off topic.

Last edited:
question to turks in this form: are you guys AK party or not?

Your going to get varying answers for that one. I am a CHP supporter though. We should stick to the topic btw.

We don't want or need relations with that illegal Zionist entity.

So, we need Palestine according to your pragmatic logic

That's the problem; you and many other people hear/read everything on WESTERN media (and Turkish media blindly follows western media in most cases) and believe it. Western media is ALWAYS anti-China and anti-Muslim and pro-Israel. When you read or hear something in western media always assume that the opposite is true.

You dont know anything about me, how can your know if im not even reading newspapers?

Gentlemen more news on the subject:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2010/ea_china0972_10_04.asp

Turkey invited China to join NATO air exercise

ANKARA — China was secretly allowed to participate in a Turkish-sponsored combat air exercise reserved for NATO allies.

Turkish sources said the Chinese Air Force sent several Russian-origin Su-27 fighter-jets to participate in the semi-annual Anatolian Eagle air combat exercise. They said the Chinese were invited after the United States and other NATO members had turned down an invitation to participate in Anatolian Eagle in the late summer of 2010.
"The United States immediately expressed its displeasure in private," a Turkish source said.

On Sept. 30, the Turkish daily Taraf reported the Chinese participation in Anatolian Eagle, based in the Turkish air base in Konya. Taraf said Washington monitored the Chinese air maneuvers and demanded an explanation from the government of Prime Minister Recep Erdogan.

Taraf did not identify the Chinese aircraft that flew in the exercise, which was first held in 2001 with Israel and the United States participating. The sources said this marked the first time that Chinese warplanes were allowed to participate in an exercise designed for NATO.

In 2009, Turkey banned Israel from participating in Anatolian Eagle. Later, the United States and several NATO allies decided to reduce participation in the exercise.

The sources said China and Turkey have sought to expand military cooperation. The two countries have been engaged in rocket production, including WS-1, a 302mm weapon with a range of 150 kilometers. Turkey's state-owned Roketsan renamed the rocket TR-300 Kasirga, later acquired by the Turkish Army.

Looks like both China and the U.S. are trying to play down the source and Turkey isn't being too open about it either. Damn I still don't know whether China sent the J-11 or the Su-27 or if Hungary is really involved.

Last edited:
Gentlemen more news on the subject:

Turkey invited China to join NATO air exercise

Looks like both China and the U.S. are trying to play down the source and Turkey isn't being too open about it either. Damn I still don't know whether China sent the J-11 or the Su-27 or if Hungary is really involved.

Funny. The U.S. thinks they can not come to the Anatolian Eagle then from home dictate who can come to OUR exercise. TuAF is not a stand still organization. Pilots need to keep their skills sharp.

So, we need Palestine according to your pragmatic logic

You dont know anything about me, how can your know if im not even reading newspapers?

Also I'd ask you to keep same the level of skepticism about western reporting coming out China as you do for what's happening in Palestine and other Muslim countries. If they are willing to lie in those cases for political reason why wouldn't they lie in China's case.

You do not understand the meaning, you just forget what is the treatment of Muslims by the Western media, you think it will give China a favor?

Can you see any media. However, hoping to hear voices from China and Han, you decide to believe or not believe, but I hope you can listen to our voice, a fair.

I take full responsibility for my words. The rebels will not be considered within

We have our mistakes, such as the neglect of the Uighur problem of economic development and integration into society, no problem, I admit. However, I would like to remind.

1, this is not just the problems in Xinjiang, all of the western have this problem, this is our development strategy and economic development of the first east, then drive west, not only Xinjiang, Uygur, Western and all nations, including the Han, have this problem This is not a national problem, but the problem of unbalanced economic development, there is no discrimination. Western people do not have all the performance of the same violence, but also to the same ordinary people, the Uighurs have a problem, it is also true.

2, I say "ignore" and "slow economy" is a relative concept, compared to the pace of development in eastern China, eastern part of the treatment of people, a 15% rate, but compared to other developing countries, including Turkey, Xinjiang Uygur family is much much better, if you see some photos of Urumqi, there is a fair judge, you will know.

China has an excellent treatment of all minorities, not just Uighurs, but for all minorities.

1, no family planning restrictions on reproductive freedom.

2, the Government retains a fixed position to the Uighurs, Xinjiang is a huge job reservations. This is fixed to retain ,the others,still have a chance, just need to bring a competition.

3, Education Security ,Xinjiang Uygur, Mongolian, Kazak and other minorities have a 50 discount for higher education, if you know the competition in China, you will know what a huge 50 points discount.

http://www.xjedunet.com/Html/zhengceguiding/201007221072216201824863107221755032661586.html

4, tax incentives, to support the development of western and ethnic minority areas, China has a preferential tax policies for ethnic minorities. Here are some specific information
http://www.chinaacc.com/new/287_292_/2010_2_26_wa02391621401622010212740.shtml

5, support for employment, "Guangdong Shaoguang **** cases," you have your version of the news, I have my version of news, however, here, I do not want to talk about the specific content. All your attention on the negative part, but I just want to ask why there be large numbers of Uighurs (in most western Xinjiang),in the most eastern and most developed economy Guangdong? You do not have any doubt? This is the employment policy to address the Uighurs employment . Xinjiang need a time to develop, not a lot of jobs, and to employment in other parts of China, the Chinese central government with local governments and enterprises, as long as you employ a certain number of Uighurs, you will to a large number of tax relief. This policy had a tragic news, however, it will not change, will continue.

6, minorities preferential treatment in the law, this is a very stupid policy , as long as you do not kill, ****, serious injury, criminal acts of any minority will be forgiven or reduced, which is China's "两少一宽 " No fear of crime, all you do not have scruples, a large number of Uygur thieves in the streets of Chinese cities, do not worry about punishment. If caught, the only punishment is sent back to Xinjiang, there are no other penalties, a few months ,and wait for no wind, the same thieves appear in the streets of mainland cities. This policy condoned the crime has affected the image of ordinary Uighurs. But all other minorities in the performance of the same policy is not so, why? Uighurs have a problem here.

This is definitely not a good policy, you just can encourage good people, we have asked the government to delete or modify.

I will be responsible for my own words, have any questions, you can ask me. However, before that, I have a question, whether Turkey or other Muslim countries any preferential policies on Uighurs, in a class with the China?

China has some questions on China's Uighurs, but we can solve, but need more care, tolerance psychological, and more integration with the help of policy,if you are a friend can make suggestions, welcome, but the malicious interference does not welcome, because that only makes things more complicated, does not help to solve problem. However, I think, Turkey should have the same feeling here.

China and Turkey for the exchange, I am sure with a welcome. Increased a friend definitely is a good thing, the Chinese have a saying, "friends from afar, how it should be happy", this is me.

Last edited:
@huzihaidao12 thank you for your kindness but its enough about government, Im more interested in people, please tell me about uighurs' place in chinese society...

Im curious about this because after 30 years of PKK terror; some people are somewhat "undecided" about kurds in Turkey. So i want to know your personal feelings, thanks.

Originally Posted by Erdogan

You forget about the Situation of Uighur Turks in Xinjiang(East-Turkestan) which are Muslims and from their language, Culture and ethnic Roots far more close than Arabs in middle East ! You must be brainwashed to think only in Palestine Muslims live under Pressure and forget Chechenya, Kashmir, East-Turkistan, etc.

Back
Top Bottom