What's new

Turkey, China conduct joint air maneuvers

one more question do turkey ppl love to eat turkey??

(i know i am trolling lolz

Turkey (the bird) is a new world animal and its only relation to the country Turkey is this: When the first European settlers came to North America the natives introduced them to turkey, a food bird. The settlers thought that the bird looked like Turkey fowl (guinea fowl). The name stuck as a result.

Egypt is pronounced as mısır(corn) in Turkish or Hindistan sounds like the land of hindis(turkeys) in Turkish. This is just a tesadüf in my opinion :)

Rarely i see the Turque or Turkiye words also...

Egypt is pronounced as mısır(corn) in Turkish or Hindistan sounds like the land of hindis(turkeys) in Turkish. This is just a tesadüf in my opinion :)

Rarely i see the Turque or Turkiye words also...

its called hindustan and hindus mr fried turkey lolz.........

i think turkey was indeed named after the bird lolz, may we have stuffed turkey in christmas eve :D

Back on topic guys.

Does anyone have newer info on the joint-military mission. All the info I've been finding so far are rehash of older articles. Does anyone know when, exactly the mock battles will take place?

No news yet. Just recycle. Maybe when the PM visits turkey we will hear about it. The MiG-29 report is the most interesting one. This may indicate a 3rd country involved.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/defense/index.jsp?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&newspaperUserId=27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7&plckPostId=Blog%3a27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7Post%3a0e6adb06-e48a-408b-bc4e-1262eeee7fdc&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest
Chinese Su-27s Fly Mock Combat in Turkey
An unexpected military cooperative exercise between China and Turkey has caught the eye of Washington-based analysts.

The two air forces were involved in a joint air exercise in the central Anatolian province of Konya, the first such exercise involving the air forces of China (People’s Liberation Army Air Force – PLAAF) and NATO member Turkey.

Part of the significance is that the PLAAF recently demonstrated major advances in long-range strike during their own “Peace Mission 2010.”

The latest joint exercise, “Anatolian Eagle,” in the past has been conducted jointly with the U.S. Air Force, other NATO air forces and the Israeli Air Force.

Ankara’s Zama newspaper reported that Turkish F-16s and Chinese Su-27s staged a mock dogfight. Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao plans a visit to Turkey next month where several agreements on economic and cultural cooperation are expected to be signed. Chinese aircraft, including the JF-17 export fighter, stopped in Turkey to refuel on the way to last summer’s Farnborough air show.

Turkey flies 200 F-16s, 150 RF/F-4s and 75 F-5s.

Another sign that Turkey is changing its international stance is modification of its security policy to remove some of its neighboring countries from a list of those considered as national security threats and the exclusion of the IAF from its exercises.

Last edited:
I checked the comments section of the blog entry that marcos provided and apparently Hungary sent the MIG-29s.

Further partnership conditional on no more stupid sh!t like this happening.

Turkish PM Erdogan likens Xinjiang violence to 'genocide'

Especially when the majority of those killed were Han Chinese by Uighurs.

The Turkish head of state's verbal indiscretion not withstanding, it's no accident that the uppder echelon of the CCP were willing to 大事化小 (minimize fallout), at least pertaining to the said diplamatic incident.

First of all, Erdogan presides over a democracy where the whims and vagaries of populism, whether in the press or among selected groups, can turn ripples into a full-fledged tempest ... This in my books, qualifies as Turkey's domestic context.

Secondly, most people can see that this so-called "green belt" stretching across the heartlands of Eurasia has felt a sense of "siege" since the very beginning of regime change and map redrawing disguised as "WOT" ... When people are "twitchy", they "over-react". We don't even need to look outside of China for examples of that. This, in my books is the international context.

Thirdly, I think it's fair to say that some Turks care for the Uyghurs the same way we care for the ethnic Chinese in say, Indonesia. You know as well as I that the same cannot be said of certain other "international players" who see them as useful pawns on a "grand chess board" (I don't just mean the Yanks btw, certain "custodians" of certain holy places were also implicated - at least in the past). That's the historical context.

These contexts inform my attitude. I don't know about you.

Finally, few politicians in "democracies" put money where their mouths are. And Erdogan by my reckoning (I'm personally neutral on him) does not seem one of them. He stepped up to the plate at a key moment in history in proposing the fissile material swap with Iran.

I am not saying his government did this to get China "off the hook". Far from it. But the net effect speaks for itself. You can bet your last cookie that for this the PRC is immensely grateful.

Thirdly, I think it's fair to say that some Turks care for the Uyghurs the same way we care for the ethnic Chinese in say, Indonesia. You know as well as I that the same cannot be said of certain other "international players" who see them as useful pawns on a "grand chess board" (I don't just mean the Yanks btw, certain "custodians" of certain holy places were also implicated - at least in the past). That's the historical context.

All Turks care about Uighurs as Uighurs are Turks just like Azeris or Kazakhs... That is certainly why erdogan had to say those things, because he has ruined Turkish-Israeli relations for some arabs If he wouldnt say anything for Uighurs he would lose a big crowd in next elections...

In future Sincan will definitely play a big role in Turkish-Chinese relationships...

oceanx is 90% canadian and 10% chinese (the combined mass of skin, hair and chromosomal DNA). he does not represent us.

uighurs are not being oppressed, they are the ones oppressing hans in Xinjiang by taking free welfare money supported by han taxes, being protected by han police, and enjoying schooling paid for again by han taxes, and not learning Chinese. what do we get in return? race riots and the killing of hans by uighurs. they are so, so lucky this did not happen in israel or the US, can you imagine what would happen if a turkish minority group in the US or israel rose up, killed whites/jews, and still continued to enjoy welfare money?

Why do you insist on being so circuitous when you write. Never the less I understand most of what you wrote except the significance of the Iran fissile material swap. What does the PRC have to be thankful for?

Guys not again...

We've already messed things up in China defence, India defence, and now we are doing it in Turkey Defence. Save the thread from off topic discussions guys.

Why do you insist on being so circuitous when you write. Never the less I understand most of what you wrote except the significance of the Iran fissile material swap. What does the PRC have to be thankful for?

remember what i said about the violent red guards that turned from mao worship to white man worship and anti-chinese racism?

Back
Top Bottom