What's new

Turkey becoming very self efficient in military capability.

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
I think by 2020 Turkey will be very self efficient in almost every aspect of military production and technology. Something Pakistan can learn a lot from.

I thought i should touch up on some of these things.

First the T-129 attack helicopter made to replace the cobra and super cobras that are currently in service with the armed forces.

The contract was signed to assemble a upgraded variant of the A129 called the T129 by TAI on September 7th 2007.

The T-129 has several key improvements over the original A129 in line with the requirements of the Turkish Army, including-

- The T-129 will carry 12 Roketsan-developed UMTAS anti-tank missiles (Turkish indigenous development similar to Hellfire II)

- More powerful LHTEC T800 (CTS800-4) engines have increased the maximum hovering altitude by 20% this was due to the fact that the cobra engines had trouble at high altitudes with the mountainous terrain of northern Iraq/southeastern turkey.

-Two launchers for Stinger AA missiles (a total of 4 can be carried) have been added to the exterior sides of the pylons

-Mast radar, similar to that used in the AH-64D Apache Longbow.
The mast radar for TUC-1 will be based on IAI/ELTA's (Israel)
surveillance and targeting radar with SAR and ISAR capability.
The radar can identify land and sea targets from at least 30 kilometres. The Mast Radar for TUC-2 will be an indigenous development.

Two variants of the T-129 will be made.

T-129 TUC-1 will have an indigenous mission computer, indigenous EW and countermeasures, Aselsan AselFLIR-300, foreign helmet-mounted cueing system (either Elbit or Thales), and foreign missile (either Hellfire II or Spike ER).

T-129 TUC-2 will have an indigenous mission computer, indigenous EW and countermeasures, Aselsan AselFLIR-300, Aselsan AVCI helmet-mounted cueing system, Roketsan UMTAS missile, and Roketsan Cirit Laser guided 2.75 in rocket.

I think this would also be a great option for replacement of the Pakistani Cobras.

Next is the T-155 Firtina.

Based off the K-9 and 100% completely manufactured in Turkey. It uses a Turkish made fire control system. This would be a great replacement for the M-109s in service with the Pakistani Armed forces.

T-155 Fırtına has a maximum firing range of 30 to 56 km, depending on the type of ammunition. It can reach a top speed of 67 km/h and has an operational range of 480 km.

It had great success in Operation Sun against PKK militants.

I believe since pakistan started to procure the T-155 Panther it should also acquire the T-155 Firtina.

Last but not least

The Otokar Cobra

100% Made in Turkey it uses a monocoque steel v-hull that provides protection against small arms fire, artillery shell shrapnel, anti-personnel/tank mines and IEDs. Front wheel arches are designed to be blown away to free blast pockets.

I feel this is the most important item that the Pakistani armed forces needs to put into its service. In large numbers this would greatly increase protection against IED attacks for Pakistani Soldiers. It is a large improvement over the Turkish Akreps that Pakistan operates now.

While i know Pakistan co produces alot of items with China. It should also look at other countries like Turkey has and cooperate with Turkey so both nations become increasingly self efficient in advanced technologies. :cheers::pakistan:

8052128a814969f4ec38311852bf9ff8.jpg

Last edited:
I think Firtina are a good supplement for the M-109, but I don't if Turkey have selling Right for Firtina to third Countries.

I think Firtina are a good supplement for the M-109, but I don't if Turkey have selling Right for Firtina to third Countries.

I believe we do but you could also be right because the production rights and design could belong to Samsung Techwin but there is no # cap for how many we could produce and we have full manufacturing rights and capability.

I believe we do but you could also be right because the production rights and design could belong to Samsung Techwin but there is no # cap for how many we could produce and we have full manufacturing rights and capability.

First of all As salam o alyekum and Merhaba.:police:

Turkey is not restricted to , T-129 ATAK and Those Army Vehicles and Fire control systems.

Turkey is moving forward in multiple directions:

Indigenous & Co Production and assembly .

I hope everything goes right for Turkey & it is a Direct Benefit for us here in Pakistan .

Regards:

First of all As salam o alyekum and Merhaba.:police:

Turkey is not restricted to , T-129 ATAK and Those Army Vehicles and Fire control systems.

Turkey is moving forward in multiple directions:

Indigenous & Co Production and assembly .

I hope everything goes right for Turkey & it is a Direct Benefit for us here in Pakistan .

Regards:

Alyekum Salam :smitten:

Oh i know we have already signed deals for F-35 fuselage production and will be ready soon to do full assembly of F-35s like the matter was with the F-16s. Along with the Altay main battle tank which will be built the same way Firtina is. Also the Milgem project for corvettes and frigates (Something Pakistan showed interest in) and the TF-2000 anti-air warfare frigate which will be the first turkish ship to utilize directed energy weapons.

So we are moving forward in all sectors and i just wanted to touch up on how we should also move forward with stronger military ties with our Pakistani brothers.:pakistan:

Yes Yes Of Course.

Besides China there is also great Partnership and Cooperation which can be done with turkey.

Because every Nation Specializes in Some specific Weapons.And Turkish Land Based and Naval Based Platform's very much Suit Pakistani Requirements.

We do have firtina i think 59 or 69 are in service of Pak army.I saw a firtina in Arty school,Nowshehra.
And the first panther arrived in 2008 and was a gift for evaluating and was procured later.
We dont need turkish jeeps we are already making Mohafiz and other armoured jeeps.

We do have firtina i think 59 or 69 are in service of Pak army.I saw a firtina in Arty school,Nowshehra.
And the first panther arrived in 2008 and was a gift for evaluating and was procured later.
We dont need turkish jeeps we are already making Mohafiz and other armoured jeeps.

Oh i did not know the Firtina was in service that is great.

Oh i did not know the Firtina was in service that is great.

Yes and i heard the talks they wanted more of them.As well PA already has ordered 115 M1A5 sp howitzers and plans to buy around 250 till maybe more firtinas will come this way.
Thanks.
love turkey

I am more interested in This.

mehmetcik1-1.jpg

HK-416 is a beast. Something i feel the U.S. itself should have integrated to replace M-4s but did only on a much smaller degree.
Unlike Turkey which is doing a full armed forces integration.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ We need HK-417 for our army and HK-416 for Rangers and Police Commandos.

Nope we should go for our PK-8 systems they will be cost effective,our engeniers will get experience of this stuff,we can modiy them anytime we want,
i hope PK-8 makes the tests and gets inducted

It would be a cost effective option but versatility is key in operations and having one platform like the 416 for multiple roles may be cost effective in of itself.

It would be a cost effective option but versatility is key in operations and having one platform like the 416 for multiple roles may be cost effective in of itself.

We cannot trust PK-08 In battle simple is that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom