What's new

Turkey Almost Went to War With Israel

A full-scale war with a nuclear-armed country is a fool's wish. Turkey's military has a reputation for being far more than capable, but what happens when a nuclear power feels like a wounded animal, with only one move left?

You will see a very bright flash on the horizon before you ever see Washington, Moscow, Islamabad, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, or Beijing captured by ground forces. London and Paris I think would defer to the US for guidance, so that I am not sure about.
If both armies have nuclear arsenal then I don't see nuclear strike since it will mean mutual destruction. I think coming decade we will see nuclear countries fighting war with each other but they won't push each other to the point where one army has no option but to use nuclear option.

kurtlar_vadisi_filistin_9.jpg

If both armies have nuclear arsenal then I don't see nuclear strike since it will mean mutual destruction. I think coming decade we will see nuclear countries fighting war with each other but they won't push each other to the point where one army has no option but to use nuclear option.

That's the point, Turkey does not have Nukes and US would no way in hell allow NATO nukes to be used against Israel. Turkey is conventionally much stronger, but last resort? I'm not so sure. :) Hypothetically speaking of course.

A full-scale war with a nuclear-armed country is a fool's wish. Turkey's military has a reputation for being far more than capable, but what happens when a nuclear power feels like a wounded animal, with only one move left?

You will see a very bright flash on the horizon before you ever see Washington, Moscow, Islamabad, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, or Beijing captured by ground forces. London and Paris I think would defer to the US for guidance, so that I am not sure about.
You think the Brits and Frenchmen are that incapable?

turkey would never take such action , its not in their interest , if they do US will intervene and NATO will be so pissed on turkey ..

Only naive people believe Israel boarded the ship with paintball guns only -
Correction: The soldiers were holding the paintball guns. They were carrying their lethal weapons. But they did not use it, even while being attacked, until they got permission over the radio.

they fired live ammunition with guns and from the air. The bodies of the victims prove this.
The story that the IDF fired the guns from the air was a sworn lie.

No nation would interfere in another entities port. Show me a nation that enforces a blockade on another nation/entity.
Sure. There's the restrictions Iranian and North Korean trade. This boarding stuff is normal, in accord with recognized procedures. Turks train to do this with American sailors all the time (check out the U.S. Navy picture thread.)

What claims are you talking about? Cite examples for us, instead of making further allegations on your part.
Now apply the same doubting spirit to claims of Israeli misbehavior: what are the specifics? If your interlocutor can't provide them, he's intent on spreading vicious propaganda, not standing for justice.

Where do I spread 'lies' against 'Jews or Israel'? Could you prove to the audience that I'm doing so we can believe you?
We went through an exercise in the "Members Club" section where members agreed that Muslims here can never admit that what a Zionist says is true, no matter what. That doesn't mean the audience here doesn't believe me; it means they won't admit to believing me.

You yourself in the previous post just acknowledged that Israel does commit injustice although on a lesser scale than 'Arabs'. So don't blame me for that.
Thing is, it's tiny compared to what Arabs do to each other, and Israeli deeds are addressed in Israeli courts - even the Arabs in the West Bank have the right to appeal to Israel's Supreme Court. It's a level of justice not only far higher than that of any Arab or Muslim country, but higher than any of them aspire to.

We all aware of the miserable atrocities committed by Western installed Arab dictators against the Arab peoples. This doesn't justify Israeli injustice.
You only invoke the "Western installed Arab dictators" trope to stir up Israel-hatred.

I could say that certain Israelis consider the Netanyahu government oppressive since he doesn't increase more illegal settlement projects.
As I've pointed out, the West Bank falls under Mandate Law, which encourages the "close settlement" of the area by Jews, provided that the civil and property rights of the inhabitants are respected. This the Jews have done; however, the Arabs were called upon to do the same thing for the Jews in this regard and they instead violated the Mandate with impunity: while Israel remains 20% Arab and the Arabs of the West Bank and Gaza remain, there are no more Jews left in surrounding Arab countries. So if there is an "injustice" here, the Jews have a far greater claim for redress than the Arabs do.

That's nonsense, very few collaborators have been tried and executed for harming national Palestinian security.
There is no "national Palestinian security." What there is is terror; you don't need me to post the pictures of bodies dragged through the streets on motorcycles, do you?

- like the Australian one Israel tortured to death in an Israeli jail. They then made it appear as if it was a suicide.
Very difficult dealing with the mix of truth and lies. Bottom line is this: for Jews, history is a collection of facts taking place in the context of the period. For Arabs, history is something written to fit the needs of today's needs; the context is altered and if true facts aren't available, phony ones are cooked up. And this is the trap the Turks are falling into, the one that allows Erdogan to label people who disagree with him enemies and suppress their words and imprison or kill their bodies. Many Turks may hate Erdogan, but their blind nationalism is so strong that they won't oppose him to claim that what the Israelis did - killing the Turks who were knifing and beating them - was just and proper.

Without nuclear factor,

Turkish Military would crush Israel in matter of weeks, albeit taking heavy damage on their own national soil too.

If conflict remains just on the sea, then Turkish navy has even more advantage than Turkish military over-all has on Israel

Right... but if one country is possibly on the verge of defeat (being invaded) and its population is being slaughtered, That nuclear armed country would definitely use those weapons as a last resort. @OCguy summed it up quite nicely " but what happens when a nuclear power feels like a wounded animal, with only one move left?"

This obviously applies to any nuclear armed nation, not just Israel. I personally pray to God almighty that there is never any Samson Option/Nuclear war in the middle east. if that were to happen, most of the things people are fighting for wouldn't matter all that much anymore. Just thinking about how many cities would be obliterated, and most of all the incredible loss of life is very sobering.

Last edited:
Without nuclear factor,

Turkish Military would crush Israel in matter of weeks, albeit taking heavy damage on their own national soil too.

If conflict remains just on the sea, then Turkish navy has even more advantage than Turkish military over-all has on Israel

Can Iran defeat israel?(take apart nukes)

:omghaha:

Do you know how much of a fool you're making yourself look like?

Too many ignorant people with no knowledge on this forum.

He's sadly living in quite the fantasy land, this much is for sure.

Can Iran defeat israel?(take apart nukes)

That brings in an array of different political and tactical considerations. It is very easy to think of a simple "X vs. Y" battle, but nothing tends to work out that way.

In reality, like all wars, the common citizens of both countries will lose no matter what.

Correction: The soldiers were holding the paintball guns. They were carrying their lethal weapons. But they did not use it, even while being attacked, until they got permission over the radio.

Gaza flotilla activists were shot in head at close range | World news | The Guardian

The results revealed that a 60-year-old man, Ibrahim Bilgen, was shot four times in the temple, chest, hip and back. A 19-year-old, named as Fulkan Dogan, who also has US citizenship, was shot five times from less that 45cm, in the face, in the back of the head, twice in the leg and once in the back. Two other men were shot four times, and five of the victims were shot either in the back of the head or in the back, said Yalcin Buyuk, vice-chairman of the council of forensic medicine.
The story that the IDF fired the guns from the air was a sworn lie.

So show us the footage prior to Israel boarding the ship/

Sure. There's the restrictions Iranian and North Korean trade. This boarding stuff is normal, in accord with recognized procedures. Turks train to do this with American sailors all the time (check out the U.S. Navy picture thread.)

I was speaking of the siege which many have condemned:
Amnesty International | Israel/OPT: Gaza power crisis has compounded blockade’s assault on human dignity
DisplayNews
US collusion in the Gaza blockade is an affront to human rights | Cindy Corrie | Comment is free | The Guardian

Now apply the same doubting spirit to claims of Israeli misbehavior: what are the specifics? If your interlocutor can't provide them, he's intent on spreading vicious propaganda, not standing for justice.

So you can't back up your claims with any examples, so typical of you. Your lies are amassing.

We went through an exercise in the "Members Club" section where members agreed that Muslims here can never admit that what a Zionist says is true, no matter what. That doesn't mean the audience here doesn't believe me; it means they won't admit to believing me.

Why are you bringing up something random? You accused me of slandering 'Jews/Israel' because I 'hate Jews', yet couldn't back it up. There goes another baseless allegation by you.

You only invoke the "Western installed Arab dictators" trope to stir up Israel-hatred.

Do you take prescription pills or something?

As I've pointed out, the West Bank falls under Mandate Law, which encourages the "close settlement" of the area by Jews, provided that the civil and property rights of the inhabitants are respected.

There exists no mandate law, there's international law. I've made clear and concise posts in the other thread which you've yet to respond to.

There is no "national Palestinian security."

Yes there is, you just don't recognize it. It's amazing how people occupy Palestinian land, subjugate them and kill them in thousands and if the Palestinians respond in any miniscule way with winged pipes they're the evil. :rolleyes:
Very difficult dealing with the mix of truth and lies.

Quit going over the place and deflecting.

That brings in an array of different political and tactical considerations. It is very easy to think of a simple "X vs. Y" battle, but nothing tends to work out that way.

In reality, like all wars, the common citizens of both countries will lose no matter what.

Have u heard bait alankabout(house of spider) ?
Anyway israhell is too insignificant for Iran to take their citizen lives. Iranian are not coward, they will stifle israhell like sunami and even worse.

Have u heard bait alankabout(house of spider) ?
Anyway israhell is too insignificant for Iran to take their citizen lives. Iranian are not coward, they will stifle israhell like sunami and even worse.

Don't tell him what the 'house of spider' means. :lol:

It's a reference, I know what it is.

I wonder why this comes out now...and why people are urging Turkey to go to war with Israel. It's not like the blockade was illegal under international law; it was. The Israelis boarded the Mavi Marmara in accordance with international law. The soldiers opened fire against their attackers in accordance with international law. It's all in the final U.N. report (Palmer report) - and it was clear at the time, to those who weren't so eager to spin and grab any form of Israel- or Jew-hatred, or elevate blind nationalism over facts, from the publicized near-real-time video record of the incident which the IDF made (which, along with the IDF casualty reports, the U.N. didn't take into account.) The U.N.'s remaining criticisms of the IDF were either tactical (the Israelis could have waited another mile or two to board the ship) - or political (an unsupported statement that "the loss of life and injuries resulting from the use of force by Israeli forces during the take-over of the Mavi Marmara was unacceptable" - which could be interpreted to mean that the Turks should have behaved better.)

Are isralie commandos so inept in Hand to hand combat that they can't disarm amateur man with simple knife in hand with their bare hands? Atleast Jackie chan can do this.

Krav Maga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now what's your next excuse? that they fired because they think they saw Aliens holding laser guns?

Are isralie commandos so inept in Hand to hand combat that they can't disarm amateur man with simple knife in hand with their bare hands? Atleast Jackie chan can do this.
Jackie, Chan, huh? Well, I'll leave you to do your own research now. Perhaps you'd like to watch "Frozen" next?

Back
Top Bottom