What's new

Turkey Almost Went to War With Israel

Iran is a different case. The question involves only Israel.

you try to make a point over a question, and i answer it over another question.

The allies do not fight in the first place; if they do , then others try to cool it off as in Mavi Marmara case; However, it the common enemy of the allies goes into a war with a member, then they will happily go into a war.

Any war between Israel and Turkey would take place over the mediteranean involving only navy and airforce plus long range missiles to take out runways etc. I dont think israel would be scared of attacking Incirlik even though u.s planes are based their.

A challenging question: If for some reason, Israel launches an attack on Turkey or considered as aggressor in a war, will NATO and U.S especially, come to help Turkey, as their responsibility in NATO?
Today seems to be Charter Day! Under Article 6 of the NATO Charter, vessels within the Mediterranean and North Atlantic are covered by the NATO umbrella - yet under Article 7 the treaty can't be used to modify a member's obligations under the U.N. Charter. As Israel's partial blockade is legal under international law Turkey wouldn't have had a legal basis to invoke NATO assistance had the Mavi Marmara affair blown up into a larger conflict between Israel and Turkey.

There is nothing in the NATO charter that requires a member to immediately use force if a member is engaged in armed conflict. The US could severely damage/punish without attacking an ally. However, this "what if?" scenario just seems a little less likely than all the others that are out there, so I won't waste too much time simulating the events. I put it near the same category of "What if Mexico invades the US?" Edit: I am referring to all-out war between Israel and Turkey

Any war between Israel and Turkey would take place over the mediteranean involving only navy and airforce plus long range missiles to take out runways etc. I dont think israel would be scared of attacking Incirlik even though u.s planes are based their.

I agree. A small-scale skirmish could break out over a flash-point incident, such as the one this thread is based on.
However, don't underestimate the anger by some Americans who understand what really happened with the USS Liberty. It was a much different time when we buried that incident and pretended it didn't happen. I don't think we would react the same way to a like incident to our soldiers/sailors/airmen in Turkey.

However, don't underestimate the anger by some Americans who understand what really happened with the USS Liberty.
This is a interesting point, what was response from American side to this incident?

...don't underestimate the anger by some Americans who understand what really happened with the USS Liberty.
An account of the USS Liberty incident written by historian and former Israeli ambassador Michael Oren is available: link

in case of a war Israel would be anhilated it wouldn't be supported by any country further more it would be fighting against 9 countries 7 bordering and Turkish and Pakistan it doesn't stand a chance and usa well it always does whats best for buisness

1. :crazy:
2. Might be true, though i remember it was being considered at the time.
3. Then there was nothing to apologize for, no? Those who involve in an act of piracy in international waters can and must be beaten.
The apology part was already answered:

As for apologizing to Turkey, the smart man knows that he has to apology
to his crying wife sometimes, even if she was wrong.

We apologized even to Egyptians when terrorists from their side killed 8 Israelis.

And your pathethic navy should be sunk... but it's not :big_boss:
Seems its not so pathetic after all.

Note to all. Saying someone will be wiped out is okay but just dont say it with a racist undertone.

For example we will cook kebabs or hitler would be jealous.

Several people said turkey would be wiped out and I didn't edit the posts.

Thanks

IAF pilots are incapable of seeing a large hoisted flag?
Shyt hapens during the war. In 1974 Turkish pilots sank their own destroyer. 42 sailors including the captain were saved by Israeli ship by the way.

Sometimes my mind change from Israel to Turkey and think Pan turks are worse than israelis.
But the fact is in concealment they are best friends Otherwise US never let Turkey to join NATO and have Nukes.
Turkey is just deceiving muslims and nothing more.behind of Islamic face of Turkey is West and pan Turkism.
They even jail anti Israeli journalists and suppress anti Israeli protesters.
President of Israel can lecture in Turkey parlimant and members clap for him.
Turkey is worse than Israel because Israel is not deceiving muslims but Turkey is.

Sometimes my mind change from Israel to Turkey and think Pan turks are worse than israelis.
But the fact is in concealment they are best friends Otherwise US never let Turkey to join NATO and have Nukes.
Turkey is just deceiving muslims and nothing more.behind of Islamic face of Turkey is West and pan Turkism.
They even jail anti Israeli journalists and suppress anti Israeli protesters.
President of Israel can lecture in Turkey parlimant and members clap for him.
Turkey is worse than Israel because Israel is not deceiving muslims but Turkey is.
Would you please zip off... thx...

Back
Top Bottom