What's new

Turkey adding Persian, Korean and Urdu to foreign languages offered at schools

I have a question since pakistani is ethnicly a diverse coutnry are the languages completly different from each other or do u still understand each other ?

well yes some languages spoken in our different provinces are completely different than each other. For example Pashto language is completly different than Punjabi and Baluchi and Sindhi . Many languages spoken in our northern areas are totally different from main languages.

However the entire Pakistan understand Urdu our national language.

We can also understand Punjabi though many can't speak but still we do understand.

I have a question since pakistani is ethnicly a diverse coutnry are the languages completly different from each other or do u still understand each other ?
Yes there are many cultures in Pakistan they have their own language but all of them speak and understand official national language called Urdu different cultures often used Urdu to communicate with each other same case with India

Not exactly. Indians can't understand us when we speak our language formally.
thats advanced Urdu language only used in advance Urdu classes whereas in regular life we use easy Urdu with many English words

interesting so u learn the language of ur culture, the national language and english ?

What use is Korean and Persian languages?? I don't even like Iranians. these people are the biggest anti-Turks in the world...so not surprised to see "Turks" here being happy about this lol
Maybe Erdogan can teach us Kurdish and become PKK one day.

I was thinking the same, like "why not spanish? and what is the purpose of persian?". Iran doesnt have a long lifetime anymore, and persian language isnt covering strong economical sphere. In the other hand Spanish covers huge part of the world and trillions of $ economic power.
in 2040 50% of newborn baby's in Turkey are Kurds, according to official Turkish statistics. Add Kurmanji Kurdish to the homeland languages (not foreign languages)

in 2040 50% of newborn baby's in Turkey are Kurds, according to official Turkish statistics. Add Kurmanji Kurdish to the homeland languages (not foreign languages)
Not if we kick them all out of our lands. Send them back to the Iran/Iraq and other shitholes of ME. lol
We done it to the Greeks and Armenians before..we can easily do it again.

every ethnic group has its own language but all can understand urdu . I am a Punjabi .i cant understand Pashto or Balochi but a little bit . similarly people living in northern areas speak kashmiri, hindko , balti and many other languages . as far as urdu and hindi are concerned , they are different languages . Urdu borrows vocab and words from arabic , Persian , Turkish , Pashto and many other regional languages . do u know how urdu came in to being ? Mughals have vey diverse army . it includes ,Turkish ,persian ,arabic , balochi , pashto ,punjabi , kashmiri and many other soldiers .it was very difficult for them to communicate with each otherand understand each other . so after years of amalgam and mixing of these language , Urdu came into being , which is turkish word "ORDU " MEANS ARMY or "Lashkar " . so one can safely assume , Urdu and Hindi are different languages . Hindi is dominated by words from Sanskirit . we write urdu in Arabic script while they write hindi in sanskirit script which are altogether different . But due to cultural aggression fron indians through their films and dramas , our children are learning their words and leaving Urdu . but in recent times , the airing of their dramas and their films has been banned and Turkish dramas have taken their place . i am 100% sure , if i start speaking in pure urdu , a indian will not be able to understand me . in fact during mughal era , persian was official language and i think we would have adopted persian instead of Urdu ( thats my personal opinion)

There is no such thing as "Kurdish race". We are all homo saphiens, human race. Your racism doesnt make sense, like all other racisms. You believe something that doesnt exist.

It is like saying "%50 of newborn babies in Turkey will be Pikachus in 2040" lol. How lucky those pikachus are

B-8ZsYTXAAAgB-5.jpg:large
Pikachu race, Kurdish race, Persian race, Turkmen race, Arab race etc have one common point, all of them are imaginary and do not exist.

Not if we kick them all out of our lands. Send them back to the Iran/Iraq and other shitholes of ME. lol
We done it to the Greeks and Armenians before..we can easily do it again.

we should isolote them from other radical kurds in n.iraq syria etc. but this requires a strong goverment and judicial system in turkey.

1- ban kurds who support pkk/ypg - revoke their citizenship
2- refuse the "kurdish" race in Turkey. don't call them "kurd" call them TURKS. but ethnicaly kurds which is not important. we all live under the turkish flag. just like in the usa. blacks, whites, reds, asians people proud of their country.

What's unfortunate about that? Uzbek sounds beautiful in my opinion.

it does not sound good.. for you as someone who grew up with persian speaker - maybe you like it.. but uzbek for excample sounds very inaccurate.. its sounds very bad, no harmony! its because of turkish language has harmony in its speak you cannot use some vocals after you used certain vocals .... so int he end you get some tongue twisters.. no other turkic language has that except uzbek..

Pure Turkic sounds very guttural. I bet you won't be able to pronounce some of the letters/sounds lol.

no its ok since its harmonious its not a very big problem you can read kazakh language with turkish alphabet very well.. but yes with turkish accent!

you cant get an accent in a language without speaking it in your daily life..

or the gokturk language its not so hard to read it specially for uyghur and turkey ppl turkey just lost their "ng" letters on the end of some words because of arabic letters and many assimilated ppl who could not pronounce it..

really? I dont think so.. if it is so than I never realized it.. or do you mistake turkish with arabic? :D

it does not sound good.. for you as someone who grew up with persian speaker - maybe you like it.. but uzbek for excample sounds very inaccurate.. its sounds very bad, no harmony! its because of turkish language has harmony in its speak you cannot use some vocals after you used certain vocals .... so int he end you get some tongue twisters.. no other turkic language has that except uzbek..

no its ok since its harmonious its not a very big problem you can read kazakh language with turkish alphabet very well.. but yes with turkish accent!

you cant get an accent in a language without speaking it in your daily life..

or the gokturk language its not so hard to read it specially for uyghur and turkey ppl turkey just lost their "ng" letters on the end of some words because of arabic letters and many assimilated ppl who could not pronounce it..

really? I dont think so.. if it is so than I never realized it.. or do you mistake turkish with arabic? :D
All I'm saying is that pure Turkic has many difficult letters/sounds. It's just as guttural as Arabic. Most people in Turkey won't be able to speak pure Turkic because they'll have a very hard time pronouncing some of the letters/sounds.

For example, I bet you can't say "Kyrgyz" properly.

Can you pronounce the letters "ق" and "غ"?

Erdogan will do it. He'll also give the Kurds autonomy once he changes the political system in Turkey. :-)

Indians and Pakistanis speak the same language?!

Nope. Numerous languages are spoken in both countries, going well above double digits. In Pakistan Urdu is our national language. In North India, Hindi is the lingua franca. Urdu and Hindi both emerge from Hindustani (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindustani_language), a language that emerged as a consequence of increasing Islamic presence in North India and Eastern Pakistan. Its core was Delhi, which is where most Islamic Empires based their capitals.

A major shift happens during the colonial British era, when an increasing number of Hindu nationalists wanted Hindustani written in the Devnagari script to become to the official language. Muslims at that time used Farsi as the official language but eventually settled for Urdu, a variant of Hindustani heavily influenced by Persian and written in the perso-arabic script, as the official language due to pressure from the British to give up Persian.

This caused Hindu nationalists to form Hindi language movements which successfully demanded Hindi be granted official status. In turn Muslims formed protection of Urdu movements fearing Hindus would continue using their demographic majority for their own advantage. This is also where separate nationalisms emerge (Indian and Pakistani).

Since both Urdu and Hindi emerge from Hindustani, they are for the most part understandable in their "common" form, although regional tones and dialects can cause serious problems. The "formal" versions of these languages however differ quite a bit, and I for example do not understand a large part of what is said on Hindi news channels. I will get the gist but could not claim to be a full speaker or even "understander" of Hindi, and vice versa.

On a national level as said, dozens of languages are spoken throughout India and Pakistan. Whilst Urdu is the national language of Pakistan, and most Pakistanis will have at least a basic ability to speak Urdu, the same does not necessarily hold true for India. South Indians speak languages that do not even belong in the Indo-European language group. It is therefore not true to say we speak the same language. However many of us do speak similar languages, and learning one can aid in understanding others around. It is a similar situation to say Portuguese and Spanish, or Swedish and Danish.

Back
Top Bottom