What's new

Turkey adding Persian, Korean and Urdu to foreign languages offered at schools

i am learning Chinese in my university and it is damn difficult . I think Korean will be difficult alike . Persian and Urdu will be easy to learn considering the interlinkage b/w these languages and Turkish .

i am learning Chinese in my university and it is damn difficult . I think Korean will be difficult alike . Persian and Urdu will be easy to learn considering the interlinkage b/w these languages and Turkish .
I wish for the best our future generations :) Unfortunately we only had English when I was primary School.

I wish for the best our future generations :) Unfortunately we only had English when I was primary School.
Well yes, but English is not a too bad language either. I actually enjoy speaking it!

On-topic: We should add Greek, Armenian, Bulgarian, Russian, Japanese as alt languages too!

We should have spies in all languages our neighbors speak!

Good move by the school.
There are 200 million people in Pakistan, thus 200 million speakers of Urdu.

Well yes, but English is not a too bad language either. I actually enjoy speaking it!

On-topic: We should add Greek, Armenian, Bulgarian, Russian, Japanese as alt languages too!

We should have spies in all languages our neighbors speak!

Sure we already have lot of those fluent speakers. See: Cypriot Turks, Azeri Turks, Turks in Bulgaria etc.

Well, English makes eminent sense. It is the world's lingua franca - look at how it brings such a diverse membership to PDF. If this platform was Urdu, Chinese or Turkish it would not have half the diversity and cosmopolitan nature it has.

However in sync with the evolving and changing, economic landscape increasingly it makes sense for countries to readjust to such a environment based on their location. Urdu, Farsi and Korea is reflection of the rising east flank of Turkey and planners have chosen so Turkey can gain maximum leverage out of the future landscape - I expect Chinese will be on the menus as well soon. In UK some time ago the government was mulling placing Chinese as a priority second language.

20120630_wom941.png

What other foreign languages are taught in Turkey.
As I know English, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Chinese for Primary school and high schools. But in university you can learn more languages.

Turkey is increasing its footprint in Pakistan and as CPEC grows this will help our Turkish brothers do business in Pakistan.
Definitely it will bring more collaboration between our next generations.

Back
Top Bottom