What's new

Turkey adding Persian, Korean and Urdu to foreign languages offered at schools

For example, I bet you can't say "Kyrgyz" properly.

Can you pronounce the letters "ق" and "غ"?

I have no problem pronouncing it the way the kyrgyz ppl do ..

the arabic gaf and gayn there is no english letter for غ so dont blame me.. when I hear some good quran recititors than I think yes but some local arab ppl (not all) make me guess if I am just able to pronounce about 20 percent of it maybe it differs from accent to accent there.. maybe the dialect is different because most arabs here are from a special lebanese minority

pure Turkic

there is no pure turkic..

turkish has many arab, persian and some european words... and influneces

azeri, uzbek heavy persian influence

kazakh, kyrgiz, altay.. also some arab,persian and other influences.. dont underestiminate the russian influence.. sometimes I think many kazakh ppl speak a turkic variant with russian accent same goes for some kyrgyz ppl

the nearest turkic variant to turkish in that area is uyhur language in china.. it sounds very familar to turkish

but if you watch news than every turkic language sounds same ;)

I have no problem pronouncing it the way the kyrgyz ppl do ..

the arabic gaf and gayn there is no english letter for غ so dont blame me.. when I hear some good quran recititors than I think yes but some local arab ppl (not all) make me guess if I am just able to pronounce about 20 percent of it maybe it differs from accent to accent there.. maybe the dialect is different because most arabs here are from a special lebanese minority
Well you must be an exception lol. Most Turks won't be able to say Kyrgyz properly.

there is no pure turkic..

turkish has many arab, persian and some european words... and influneces

azeri, uzbek heavy persian influence

kazakh, kyrgiz, altay.. also some arab,persian and other influences.. dont underestiminate the russian influence.. sometimes I think many kazakh ppl speak a turkic variant with russian accent same goes for some kyrgyz ppl

the nearest turkic variant to turkish in that area is uyhur language in china.. that sound very familar to turkish
The purest Turkic language is Yakut.

The purest Turkic language is Yakut.

they are acutally very isolated and that brings many things that change over the time..

as said there is no pure turkic , many tripes, many influences many accents but if you want to have a name of the purest turkic language than maybe altay turkic is the purest - maybe..

Kyrgyz isnt right either, the name comes from Kirk Kiz which means 40 girls, something from pre islamic Turkic Mythology.

yes but kyrgiz ppl have a special accent specially when it comes to the word kyrgyz

Kyrgyz isnt right either, the name comes from Kirk Kiz which means 40 girls, something from pre islamic Turkic Mythology.

we can say it in some accents of turkey than it comes clearer for some ppl

if you want to say it anatolian way you would say
kirk giz

and because we use i without "." the nearest to this i without "." is the letter y so you should write it in latin english this way

kyrk gyz :)

Kyrgyz means "we are 40".
Can be translated as such too but there is a mythology which is believed to be the origin of Kyrgyz people.

Translated from German:

The Kirk-kiz saga describes the origin of the Kirghizs. The daughter of Sari Khan (he ruled the western part of the Göktürkenreiches), accompanied by her 39 maids, made an excursion to an enchanted mountain lake. On the shore of the lake they touch the white foam, which is washed. All of them are pregnant. The Khan sends them into a forest, where they give birth to their children, and call themselves Kirkkizlar, the "forty girls." In the whole of eastern Turkey, however, there are a number of different "forty girls" tales that point to important places called "Forty Girls".

TLDR. I think it's great news, but I hope the mandatory languages include at least English up to (and including) High School. I think the introduction of more languages should be used more politically than it's being done.

An example could be, if your country has a lot trade with a certain country , and it's been high historically, then you could build on those relations by introducing the language as elective course.

Not if we kick them all out of our lands. Send them back to the Iran/Iraq and other shitholes of ME. lol
We done it to the Greeks and Armenians before..we can easily do it again.
so do you support kicking the Turkmens out of Syria,Iraq,iran,Afghanistan and other countries like Balkans and kavkas??!

There is no such thing as kurd race, turkmen race, or arab race. We are all homo sapiens. End this nonsense discussion already.

so do you support kicking the Turkmens out of Syria,Iraq,iran,Afghanistan and other countries like Balkans and kavkas??!
They are slowing moving to Turkey. Give it another decade or so.

There is no such thing as kurd race, turkmen race, or arab race. We are all homo sapiens. End this nonsense discussion already.
If the Kurds, Arabs or whatever want to play the race card, we should too.

If the Kurds, Arabs or whatever want to play the race card, we should too.
Nope. We should stick with the Sciencefic Facts. Not some dogmas. Those so called "races" are just non-exist dogmas.

You should humaliate those who use those fake-race names, instead of joining their ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom