What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

Helicopters should not be a priority for them as they just bought 12 UH-60s. Expanding the combat aircraft fleet should be pretty high on the list with aircraft such as the B-250 Bader being developed I don't see why Tunisia can't buy the planes for attacking terrorists. I got this excerpt from DSCA.mil which is a government website for keeping track of military foreign sales.

The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Tunisia for UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters and associated equipment, parts, training and logistical support for an estimated cost of $700 million.
With this amount of money they could have at least bought a few fighters and in my opinion is money spent wrong.
Not needed. the Support area is a priority.
We do not have Enemies on the table, as for Terros, such Weapon is useless. Close support is what is needed.

At least for now.

Not needed. the Support area is a priority.
We do not have Enemies on the table, as for Terros, such Weapon is useless. Close support is what is needed.

At least for now.
Those are close air support aircraft though, basically think of a A-29 Super Tucano but you could probably get it less expensive maybe because the UAE manufactures it and their market share won't really be that high.
upload_2019-2-22_20-49-47.jpeg

upload_2019-2-22_20-50-30.jpeg

Also the AW101 probably a replacement for the aging HH-3 tat will retire soon.

i am wondering is there any chance that tunisian airforce go after iranian maded kowsar jet considering it's lower price (7million dollars) compared to simillar capablities available (like m346 or yak130) for replacing it's aging f-5 fleet?

i am wondering is there any chance that tunisian airforce go after iranian maded kowsar jet considering it's lower price (7million dollars) compared to simillar capablities available (like m346 or yak130) for replacing it's aging f-5 fleet?
Nope.
TN will either go for Used F-16 or some EU alternatives.

as for the trainer jets one of the best candidates is Aero L-39NG

Those are close air support aircraft though, basically think of a A-29 Super Tucano but you could probably get it less expensive maybe because the UAE manufactures it and their market share won't really be that high.
View attachment 541120
View attachment 541121
i doubt if tunisia will buy anything from UAE cuz of political issue .. but i prefer L39NG as close air suport and advanced trainer
and @Mithridates i don't think tunisia will go to iran cuz i don't think tunisian iranian excede the exchange of diplomatic missions

Back
Top Bottom