What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

oh about the new opv it does not have a helopad in the back instead it's having a mechanical arm so maybe it's for engineering and mines resistance

Ofc, I will Hug them and say "Good Job, Boys".
But they still made a mistake, And I believe, As Soldier, and as someone who is risking his life to protect...You also have to "not" make such basic mistakes even less when few got injured.

And I believe the TN Army nowadays believe a bit like that, That's why they didn't spoke about it that much... They know they did a stupid mistake, till the Americans begun to hand over their "Heroic" Side of the Event...

The thing is...you need to be Firm with our Army, It's an Entity who is in complete Transformation/Evolution with a New Ideology and Blood... And therefore Every non-professional attitude that could end up sending some 6 feet underground... Should be held accountable... Whatever the "Glorious or not End result...
The old Mentality of "It's good Enough" should be removed for the newer generation...

The Army Entity is an Example for a Nation...If such strict and professional entity begun to play with "it's ok" Then the Society in itself can't bet on a better future...

Some may see it as being too much... But it's because of "Decision/Behavior" such as this that our Societies can't be called "Advanced or Modern".
Here one among Thousands of situation I came across in TN... " We were waiting for almost 30-40 min in a queue , without knowing why... Then some of us decided to check at the front counter the reason of such "event"... Behind the counter, we saw 4 ppl around a fifth... We knock at the glass counter... and no answer... Then we knock even stronger... and one of them finally decide to come to us...We ask what is happening... and Why we are waiting like dogs while no one is at his post (btw 4 counters with each of them their line of ppl waiting)...And the answer is beyond comprehension...
-" What do you want? Can't you see we are busy?"
-"Dafuq, busy of what? "
-"Can't you understand, this woman just got a call from her son...He didn't pass the exam"...
-"$*@#!!! You got us waiting for almost an Hour because her Son failed an eXam?"
-" Yes and What?" "What is the problem, can't you wait, you will be taken care later"
-"Then put someone else instead"
- "We will see, but now she will go home to her son, so go behind the other 3 lines"

At this stage... I let you imagine the "End Result"...

2 weeks later, after multiple complains of such behavior... Nothing, She's still here and even got the "Miskeen excuse" from her Higher ups...

The Correlation is... Whatever the End result...Whatever good you bring later on...If you made a mistake/Failed at your job...You have to be held accountable... Not because We don't like you...But because other ppl will think it's "Ok" and will not hesitate to behave the same... In the US/EU... They will mostly get suspended/Punished for that... so Why not us? aren't we seeking to be better? or are we letting ourselves being "Good enough" and perpetuate our good old stupid behavior that get us to where we are today, countries who no one take seriously or admire?
they need some tough love .

Some people are just paranoid of anything American lol.
They'd jump on you if you say I'd like to see more of that actually :lol:

We just got a post on our thread that we are slaves to the Jews because we buy American equipment. Every once in a while a goofy post like that pops out for some reason or another. People need to vent, I guess. :lol:

Concerning the Egyptian SF i found this tweet, don't know if it is accurate or not
But still, interesting

That's @Frogman 's Twitter account BTW, in case you didn't know. Yeah, there's a bit of a discrepancy regarding that matter in the media but we pretty much know what is going on and that is, our military is reluctant to get any serious and in-depth special ops training from the US and any training that does occur is almost always on a larger, tactical level that is more geared towards major battlefield scenarios and involve mostly the regular army or navy. They'll mix in some SF operations but it's all just the standard stuff. Even the "trend" in today's combat which has shifted significantly from large battle tactics to urban warfare and specifically specialized counter terrorism tactics is something that they keep in-house. Sometimes we'll see some specialized training with other Arab forces, but that's about it. There always seems to be this innate and mentally ingrained need to maintain a certain distance with the US, almost certainly because of fear of intel. And honestly, it's a very legitimate fear, the problem is that they don't see a way around that which frankly is not that difficult.

The interesting thing about that tweet by Froggy is that the opposite was claimed by a US military official who said that the Egyptian military had refused offers of specialized COIN training by the US to deal specifically with the Sinai situation and instead, have asked for crazy and unrealistic equipment from the US that doesn't even exist. This was actually quoted in either the NY Times or some other news article. They claimed that the US made serious offers to train in COIN operations & tactics to help in the Sinai insurgency and instead of accepting that, the Egyptian military was only asking for "Klingon" equipment that didn't exist, lol. It's one of the most bizarre stories you'll ever hear and it also sounds far-fetched. I highly doubt they'd be asking for stupid, space-age, cloaking and vaporizing equipment. That's kind of an insult if you really think about it. And now they're claiming that they might've asked for tactical help but were refused by the US? Why on earth would the US ever refuse such a thing? They would jump on that chance in a heartbeat. So I tend not to believe that at all and it's the Egyptian military that doesn't want the training and think it can do it on its own.

Anyway, sorry to go off-topic a bit but it kinda brings us back around to the fact that there can be nothing but good coming out of joint, SOF training between Tunisian and American forces. What the US has achieved in Iraq and Afghanistan is second to none when it comes to proper, special ops tactics, from an organizational standpoint, to the tactical and material. They are the best without question.

Would have been better if the rifles were also camouflaged 8-)

20180824_142457.jpg

We just got a post on our thread that we are slaves to the Jews because we buy American equipment. Every once in a while a goofy post like that pops out for some reason or another. People need to vent, I guess. :lol:

That's @Frogman 's Twitter account BTW, in case you didn't know. Yeah, there's a bit of a discrepancy regarding that matter in the media but we pretty much know what is going on and that is, our military is reluctant to get any serious and in-depth special ops training from the US and any training that does occur is almost always on a larger, tactical level that is more geared towards major battlefield scenarios and involve mostly the regular army or navy. They'll mix in some SF operations but it's all just the standard stuff. Even the "trend" in today's combat which has shifted significantly from large battle tactics to urban warfare and specifically specialized counter terrorism tactics is something that they keep in-house. Sometimes we'll see some specialized training with other Arab forces, but that's about it. There always seems to be this innate and mentally ingrained need to maintain a certain distance with the US, almost certainly because of fear of intel. And honestly, it's a very legitimate fear, the problem is that they don't see a way around that which frankly is not that difficult.

The interesting thing about that tweet by Froggy is that the opposite was claimed by a US military official who said that the Egyptian military had refused offers of specialized COIN training by the US to deal specifically with the Sinai situation and instead, have asked for crazy and unrealistic equipment from the US that doesn't even exist. This was actually quoted in either the NY Times or some other news article. They claimed that the US made serious offers to train in COIN operations & tactics to help in the Sinai insurgency and instead of accepting that, the Egyptian military was only asking for "Klingon" equipment that didn't exist, lol. It's one of the most bizarre stories you'll ever hear and it also sounds far-fetched. I highly doubt they'd be asking for stupid, space-age, cloaking and vaporizing equipment. That's kind of an insult if you really think about it. And now they're claiming that they might've asked for tactical help but were refused by the US? Why on earth would the US ever refuse such a thing? They would jump on that chance in a heartbeat. So I tend not to believe that at all and it's the Egyptian military that doesn't want the training and think it can do it on its own.

Anyway, sorry to go off-topic a bit but it kinda brings us back around to the fact that there can be nothing but good coming out of joint, SOF training between Tunisian and American forces. What the US has achieved in Iraq and Afghanistan is second to none when it comes to proper, special ops tactics, from an organizational standpoint, to the tactical and material. They are the best without question.

Apologies for the delay
Been working my *** extra lately since everyone seems to be in vacation :hitwall:
I had no idea it's our lad's froggy page .
Quite a decent one must say.
As far as Egyptian American SF training goes I must say the EG army has some basis for its fears, you were unfortunately disprivileged due to your cancerous eastern neighbor....
Also don't be sorry, your debates and analysis is always interesting and a pleasure to read regardless of topic .

Good news
seems like our lads are having a barbecue party in our western mountains, MoD issued a press release, the air force conducted air strikes that resulted in the neutralization of many terrorists and the destruction of their camps, this is going on with an advance of military units on the ground.
the exact casualties will be published after the end of the operation

Mod press release

منذ عملية عين سلطان بجندوبة التي استشهد خلالها ستة من أعوان الحرس الوطني خلال شهر جويلية 2018، تقوم الوحدات العسكرية بعمليات عسكرية واسعة النطاق ومشتركة بين جيشي البر والطيران بالتعاون مع قوات الأمن الداخلي. وقد وشملت هذه العمليات تمشيط القطاعات بمرتفعات الشمال الغربي ومرتفعات الوسط ووضع كمائن والقيام باستطلاعات جوية وقصف جوي لملاحقة وتضييق الخناق على العناصر الإرهابية. وآخر هذه العمليات العسكرية عملية مرتفعات المغيلة التي انطلقت منذ أربعة أيام.
وقد مكنّت هذه العملية حسب ما توفر من معطيات ومعلومات أولية من القضاء على عدد من العناصر الإرهابية وإصابة عدد آخر منهم إصابات مباشرة بواسطة القصف الجوي بالإضافة إلى تدمير مواقع كانوا يتمركزون بها وسيتم لاحقا تقديم مزيد من التفاصيل حول عدد القتلى والجرحى بعد انتهاء العملية التي لا تزال متواصلة.
كما تمكنت تشكيلات الهندسة العسكرية من إبطال مفعول لغمين غير تقليديين فيما انفجر لغمان أسفرا عن جرح خمسة عسكريين لا تكتسي إصاباتهم أي خطورة وهم محل رعاية ومتابعة بالمستشفى العسكري الأصلي للتعليم بتونس.
وتجدر الإشارة إلى أنّ هذه العملية العسكرية لازالت متواصلة مع التأكيد على الإرادة القوية والثابتة للعسكريين والأمنيين للقضاء على العناصر الإرهابية ومجابهة التهديدات المحتملة التي تستهدف أمن تونس.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom