What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

I saw the Title somewhere, But didn't took it as important.

But what is interesting is this...

Africa Command spokeswoman Samantha Reho told Task & Purpose in a statement that partner forces initially engaged and killed one al Qaeda fighter with small arms fire before calling for helicopter support. Militants then attempted to flank the Marines and partner forces from the rear, leading the Marines to “return fire in self-defense.”

The militants responded with accurate fire, however, and a partner force soldier behind the helicopter’s M60 machine gun was shot twice in the foot, after which “[the Marine Raider] took control of the M60 and continued to suppress the enemy while treating the wounded gunner,” the citation said.

“He then accompanied the helicopter during the casualty evacuation of the Marine Raider and a second casualty later in the day, and conducted two re-supply deliveries all under enemy fire,” the citation added.

That's for me... a "not that good of a mission..." It's like they've been taken by surprise... or Terros got intel on their mission"...
The last part is even more worrisome... it show a lack of "Support" from above... or a problem in redirecting "Support"...

Another scenario...That is even more problematic... is that they "Found" them by mistake/Chance... Well Hope it's not like that...Otherwise... That's a failure, who could have endup in useless death...

I saw the Title somewhere, But didn't took it as important.

But what is interesting is this...

Africa Command spokeswoman Samantha Reho told Task & Purpose in a statement that partner forces initially engaged and killed one al Qaeda fighter with small arms fire before calling for helicopter support. Militants then attempted to flank the Marines and partner forces from the rear, leading the Marines to “return fire in self-defense.”

The militants responded with accurate fire, however, and a partner force soldier behind the helicopter’s M60 machine gun was shot twice in the foot, after which “[the Marine Raider] took control of the M60 and continued to suppress the enemy while treating the wounded gunner,” the citation said.

“He then accompanied the helicopter during the casualty evacuation of the Marine Raider and a second casualty later in the day, and conducted two re-supply deliveries all under enemy fire,” the citation added.

That's for me... a "not that good of a mission..." It's like they've been taken by surprise... or Terros got intel on their mission"...
The last part is even more worrisome... it show a lack of "Support" from above... or a problem in redirecting "Support"...

Both our forces and the MARSOC advisors were taken by surprise.
It was supposed to be a mission to assess how good we're applying training in real life fighting environment and unexpectedly they found themselves fighting the AQIM in mt Sammama.
Good thing is the fighting ended with only two injured soldiers vs 4 confirmed dead terrorists ( 2 of them are leaders) and a number of other non confirmed casualties.
So I'd say it might have been an Intel failure but the operation as a whole wasn't unsuccessful​

It was supposed to be a mission to assess how good we're applying training in real life fighting environment and unexpectedly they found themselves fighting the AQIM in mt Sammama.
Good thing is the fighting ended with only two injured soldiers vs 4 confirmed dead terrorists ( 2 of them are leaders) and a number of other non confirmed casualties.
So I'd say it might have been an Intel failure but the operation as a whole wasn't unsuccessful​

Yes, the End result is "satisfactory" but the Mission preparation was a Failure.
They could have end up all dead, if "Support" wasn't in Time/Good enough, or the One on ground didn't give "accurate" info.

I hope, they take it as a lesson for next time... I don't want Trainees dying because of Rookie mistakes from Higher ups...

yeah 99% sure
well good news the third opv hanoon arrived to bizerte
https://www.shemsfm.net/ar/الأخبار_...لبحار-حانون-ترسو-برصيف-القاعدة-البحرية-ببنزرت

DkdafNGXsAAyaOG.jpg
DkdafNHXoAAHHxW.jpg
DkdafNKXgAEnApt.jpg
DkdZakQW4AA2brv.jpg
DkdZakRXgAEggEW.jpg
DkdZakYW4AEbrvE.jpg

@Gomig-21
Hhhhhhhhhh
I wonder about that xD
Bit hard if you ask me
If they're making a movie then it would be about the Raiders of Niger.
Bright side though, our lads are getting to learn from the best and in real combat.

Just read about it today, bro. That's awesome. It doesn't get any better than the US military in any field. I wish the Egyptian army would get more involved in special forces training with the US military but it doesn't. Despite the 40+ years of working with the US military, the only level that it gets to is on a basic scale. You almost never see or hear about the elite units (from any branch, be it navy, army) working together and being trained by the best in the world, it's sad. Only the air force gets the occasional, seasoned training by the USAF. Despite all the huge exercises they hold like Bright Star and every large-scale naval or armored exercises, they send in the young grunts to participate. It's almost like they're reluctant to have any of the SOFs exposed because of whatever silly reason, like maybe give up intel on them to Israel or who knows what. It's really too bad.

In this case, Tunisia is doing the right thing and then some. This is how you get ahead, you learn from the best. Does it really take a genius to figure that out?

Absolutely. This is the kinda thing that determines the training medal and if it's capable of being applied not only in the field, but more importantly in the improvisation of an unexpected scenario. Situational awareness only comes from experience. No amount of training can make up for that when it suddenly shows up in one's face. It's how that training ends up being applied that really shows how well the soldiering is. This is what separates men from boys. This is the exact thing that has plagued the Egyptian army for decades.

Yes, the End result is "satisfactory" but the Mission preparation was a Failure.
They could have end up all dead, if "Support" wasn't in Time/Good enough, or the One on ground didn't give "accurate" info.

I hope, they take it as a lesson for next time... I don't want Trainees dying because of Rookie mistakes from Higher ups...

Man, you're waaaaay too hard on them, ma bro. Almost nothing ever goes as planned and if they had failed, yes, I would agree with you. But they didn't, and not only did they not fail, they made out almost perfectly in a very difficult surprise situation. Cut them some slack, maaaaan. lol

Just read about it today, bro. That's awesome. It doesn't get any better than the US military in any field. I wish the Egyptian army would get more involved in special forces training with the US military but it doesn't. Despite the 40+ years of working with the US military, the only level that it gets to is on a basic scale. You almost never see or hear about the elite units (from any branch, be it navy, army) working together and being trained by the best in the world, it's sad. Only the air force gets the occasional, seasoned training by the USAF. Despite all the huge exercises they hold like Bright Star and every large-scale naval or armored exercises, they send in the young grunts to participate. It's almost like they're reluctant to have any of the SOFs exposed because of whatever silly reason, like maybe give up intel on them to Israel or who knows what. It's really too bad.

In this case, Tunisia is doing the right thing and then some. This is how you get ahead, you learn from the best. Does it really take a genius to figure that out?

Absolutely. This is the kinda thing that determines the training medal and if it's capable of being applied not only in the field, but more importantly in the improvisation of an unexpected scenario. Situational awareness only comes from experience. No amount of training can make up for that when it suddenly shows up in one's face. It's how that training ends up being applied that really shows how well the soldiering is. This is what separates men from boys. This is the exact thing that has plagued the Egyptian army for decades.

Man, you're waaaaay too hard on them, ma bro. Almost nothing ever goes as planned and if they had failed, yes, I would agree with you. But they didn't, and not only did they not fail, they made out almost perfectly in a very difficult surprise situation. Cut them some slack, maaaaan. lol

Some people are just paranoid of anything American lol.
They'd jump on you if you say I'd like to see more of that actually :lol:
Concerning the Egyptian SF i found this tweet, don't know if it is accurate or not
But still, interesting

Ofc, I will Hug them and say "Good Job, Boys".
But they still made a mistake, And I believe, As Soldier, and as someone who is risking his life to protect...You also have to "not" make such basic mistakes even less when few got injured.

And I believe the TN Army nowadays believe a bit like that, That's why they didn't spoke about it that much... They know they did a stupid mistake, till the Americans begun to hand over their "Heroic" Side of the Event...

The thing is...you need to be Firm with our Army, It's an Entity who is in complete Transformation/Evolution with a New Ideology and Blood... And therefore Every non-professional attitude that could end up sending some 6 feet underground... Should be held accountable... Whatever the "Glorious or not End result...
The old Mentality of "It's good Enough" should be removed for the newer generation...

The Army Entity is an Example for a Nation...If such strict and professional entity begun to play with "it's ok" Then the Society in itself can't bet on a better future...

Some may see it as being too much... But it's because of "Decision/Behavior" such as this that our Societies can't be called "Advanced or Modern".
Here one among Thousands of situation I came across in TN... " We were waiting for almost 30-40 min in a queue , without knowing why... Then some of us decided to check at the front counter the reason of such "event"... Behind the counter, we saw 4 ppl around a fifth... We knock at the glass counter... and no answer... Then we knock even stronger... and one of them finally decide to come to us...We ask what is happening... and Why we are waiting like dogs while no one is at his post (btw 4 counters with each of them their line of ppl waiting)...And the answer is beyond comprehension...
-" What do you want? Can't you see we are busy?"
-"Dafuq, busy of what? "
-"Can't you understand, this woman just got a call from her son...He didn't pass the exam"...
-"$*@#!!! You got us waiting for almost an Hour because her Son failed an eXam?"
-" Yes and What?" "What is the problem, can't you wait, you will be taken care later"
-"Then put someone else instead"
- "We will see, but now she will go home to her son, so go behind the other 3 lines"

At this stage... I let you imagine the "End Result"...

2 weeks later, after multiple complains of such behavior... Nothing, She's still here and even got the "Miskeen excuse" from her Higher ups...

The Correlation is... Whatever the End result...Whatever good you bring later on...If you made a mistake/Failed at your job...You have to be held accountable... Not because We don't like you...But because other ppl will think it's "Ok" and will not hesitate to behave the same... In the US/EU... They will mostly get suspended/Punished for that... so Why not us? aren't we seeking to be better? or are we letting ourselves being "Good enough" and perpetuate our good old stupid behavior that get us to where we are today, countries who no one take seriously or admire?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom