What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

sadly most of the army don't have these equipment ... hell the new uniform is not so... also they need to adopt other boots .

in all honesty, the forces on the front have all basically this very same gear shown in these pics, those working inside towns and guarding banks and institutions etc...
aren't always fully equipped
but it's still not enough.
we're not spending billions of dollars on air force or navy so the least to do is to take care of our soldiers.
that ugly helmet should be covered as well like any NATO standard army does mostly.

in all honesty, the forces on the front have all basically this very same gear shown in these pics, those working inside towns and guarding banks and institutions etc...
aren't always fully equipped
but it's still not enough.
we're not spending billions of dollars on air force or navy so the least to do is to take care of our soldiers.
that ugly helmet should be covered as well like any NATO standard army does mostly.

They will stay poorly equipped for a long time... As long there is no "Direct" Threat to TN National security... Those foot soldiers will only get the most "Basic" updates and that' sit.
Better than it was before... but yet light away from Modern armies...

TN direct threat was a Terro one... and Every related Anti-Terro/Special Units units in TN got what they needed to fight them... in a sense... Job is done

They will stay poorly equipped for a long time... As long there is no "Direct" Threat to TN National security... Those foot soldiers will only get the most "Basic" updates and that' sit.
Better than it was before... but yet light away from Modern armies...

TN direct threat was a Terro one... and Every related Anti-Terro/Special Units units in TN got what they needed to fight them... in a sense... Job is done

True but unfortunate, we need a very bare minimum at least to keep everyone around in check, even if they're friends for now, we all know the disputes around point 233 and our rights in the desert.
We don't want to end up being North Africa's Lebanon.

True but unfortunate, we need a very bare minimum at least to keep everyone around in check, even if they're friends for now, we all know the disputes around point 233 and our rights in the desert.
We don't want to end up being North Africa's Lebanon.

Tbh, even if you give every soldiers the best Equipement, Our "Territory" is our weakness...
Any Low cost Chinese Rocket could strike Every City in TN without blinking an eye...
We lack Depth... We lack "interesting" topography... We are mostly flat lands and Coastal...

We can defend... but not for long...
The only way for us to exist and strike back or "invade"... is to behave like our Ancestors... The Carthaginians... Having an Overwhelming Navy... A spear far from our Heads... A Damocles sword on their Heads...
Even having an Airforce is useless (let's say insignifiant) for our Direct "neighboord"... They will be like little flies after getting sprayed of "Fitox"

Ps: this scenario is based upon the assumption that our "Friends" keep updating and Investing in their army...
Ps: Lebanon topography make it harder to take than TN, even if you take into account their size. Guerrilla/Mountain warfare will be deadly outhere... and if you had the urban warfare... Lebanon could be a bloody mess...

Something In TN is only "doable" at very specific areas... as for Urban warfare... it's non existent for us...

Last edited:
Tbh, even if you give every soldiers the best Equipement, Our "Territory" is our weakness...
Any Low cost Chinese Rocket could strike Every City in TN without blinking an eye...
We lack Depth... We lack "interesting" topography... We are mostly flat lands and Coastal...

We can defend... but not for long...
The only way for us to exist and strike back or "invade"... is to behave like our Ancestors... The Carthaginians... Having an Overwhelming Navy... A spear far from our Heads... A Damocles sword on their Heads...
Even having an Airforce is useless (let's say insignifiant) for our Direct "neighboord"... They will be like little flies after getting sprayed of "Fitox"

Ps: this scenario is based upon the assumption that our "Friends" keep updating and Investing in their army...
Ps: Lebanon topography make it harder to take than TN, even if you take into account their size. Guerrilla/Mountain warfare will be deadly outhere... and if you had the urban warfare... Lebanon could be a bloody mess...

Something In TN is only "doable" at very specific areas... as for Urban warfare... it's non existent for us...

I would have to disagree on much of what you mentioned, we lack huge territories but that does not mean that ipso facto there are no ways to defend or that we'd naturally be an easy target, we're still bigger and have more depth than Israel, more than Lebanon, more than Switzerland, more than Greece, bigger than North and South Korea or Cuba and roughly the size of Syria and Britain (bigger than England still.)
so after all we do have enough depth to hold back an invasion or build up an attack (ofc we're talking here ignoring both the economy and status quo)
our topography isn't that easy either, most of our western lands are mountains and hills thanks to the dorsal and Tell chains with the peak at 1544 m and the other mountains at an average of +1000 m
nevertheless the dense forests and vegetation from the Khmir mountains down to between Gafsa and Sidi BouZid at least.
if you ever visited these regions you will notice how easy it is actually to relatively pass from one mountain to another and till you find yourself in the Atlas mountains, and that these regions provide good food, water and refuge ( thus the reason terrorists weren't 100% eradicated till now)
then you have the desert, mostly hostile terrain but also mountainous in the south east as it gets closer to Nafousa mountains in Libya, the few plains we have are in the Sahel, Sfax, central kairouane and around the capital and the Cap Bon.
now for what we need most, historically Tunisia's golden age was always when we had a strong navy: during the times of Carthage with the Aghalbids when we annexed Sicily and during the Husaynid dynasty (until we lost most of it in Navarin in a war that wasn't even ours).
so if we want to have the initiative we need a huge navy with couple of capable submarines, I still think submarines are the best weapon a nation that lacks massive territory and manpower can use to get some balance of terror (Singapore a good example of that ) and we need an air force that can reach deep inside others' territory and proceed with preemptive strikes when necessary.
well ofc this only remains mere hypothesis for fun, unless either we decide to be like North Korea and spend 23% of our GDP on army instead of the current 1.9%
:D:D

I would have to disagree on much of what you mentioned, we lack huge territories but that does not mean that ipso facto there are no ways to defend or that we'd naturally be an easy target, we're still bigger and have more depth than Israel, more than Lebanon, more than Switzerland, more than Greece, bigger than North and South Korea or Cuba and roughly the size of Syria and Britain (bigger than England still.)
so after all we do have enough depth to hold back an invasion or build up an attack (ofc we're talking here ignoring both the economy and status quo)
our topography isn't that easy either, most of our western lands are mountains and hills thanks to the dorsal and Tell chains with the peak at 1544 m and the other mountains at an average of +1000 m
nevertheless the dense forests and vegetation from the Khmir mountains down to between Gafsa and Sidi BouZid at least.
if you ever visited these regions you will notice how easy it is actually to relatively pass from one mountain to another and till you find yourself in the Atlas mountains, and that these regions provide good food, water and refuge ( thus the reason terrorists weren't 100% eradicated till now)
then you have the desert, mostly hostile terrain but also mountainous in the south east as it gets closer to Nafousa mountains in Libya, the few plains we have are in the Sahel, Sfax, central kairouane and around the capital and the Cap Bon.
now for what we need most, historically Tunisia's golden age was always when we had a strong navy: during the times of Carthage with the Aghalbids when we annexed Sicily and during the Husaynid dynasty (until we lost most of it in Navarin in a war that wasn't even ours).
so if we want to have the initiative we need a huge navy with couple of capable submarines, I still think submarines are the best weapon a nation that lacks massive territory and manpower can use to get some balance of terror (Singapore a good example of that ) and we need an air force that can reach deep inside others' territory and proceed with preemptive strikes when necessary.
well ofc this only remains mere hypothesis for fun, unless either we decide to be like North Korea and spend 23% of our GDP on army instead of the current 1.9%
:D:D

Interesting Pov.

But IMO having "lambda" topography in our modern age isn't really important, when the one in front of you have hundreds of aircrafts...Ballistic missiles/Rockets/artillery... and so on.
And those mountains have not "enough" dense forest either, to hid in, without being spotted from the sky for H24/7.
So yes you can hold... but for a short period of time, you will get encircled in no time and be wiped one by one, like we are doing right now with Terros.
As for Desert... nowadays it's useless, when the one in front got a potent air force than can see hundreds of KMs ahead with every possible sensor available...

I agree with the Navy, I think it's the "Major" condition for our future, like the old "golden" age.

As for being small or not, I understand we aren't if you compare us to others, but you have to put us "according" to our current environment, With Algeria, who is almost equal to all of Europe and Libya...
Therefore thx to theirs depth they are safe from Land to Land strikes coming from our sides... and Airstrikes.

Throughout History small entities get eaten by the big one, one day or another. But few among them survived for quite a long time, thx to few conditions...
-Nuclear power, for our Time
-Navy behemoth
-Neutral+Money.

Needless to say, we have nothing of it and far from even seeing it.

Interesting Pov.

But IMO having "lambda" topography in our modern age isn't really important, when the one in front of you have hundreds of aircrafts...Ballistic missiles/Rockets/artillery... and so on.
And those mountains have not "enough" dense forest either, to hid in, without being spotted from the sky for H24/7.
So yes you can hold... but for a short period of time, you will get encircled in no time and be wiped one by one, like we are doing right now with Terros.
As for Desert... nowadays it's useless, when the one in front got a potent air force than can see hundreds of KMs ahead with every possible sensor available...

I agree with the Navy, I think it's the "Major" condition for our future, like the old "golden" age.

As for being small or not, I understand we aren't if you compare us to others, but you have to put us "according" to our current environment, With Algeria, who is almost equal to all of Europe and Libya...
Therefore thx to theirs depth they are safe from Land to Land strikes coming from our sides... and Airstrikes.

Throughout History small entities get eaten by the big one, one day or another. But few among them survived for quite a long time, thx to few conditions...
-Nuclear power, for our Time
-Navy behemoth
-Neutral+Money.

Needless to say, we have nothing of it and far from even seeing it.

talking about navy
I heard our Combattante III type are retiring reallyyyy soon
I wonder what the new type would be

IF they get replaced...
But if they Do... I hope it's not by other 3x400ish Tonnes "Patrol Boat"... But Directly with at "Least" one Corvette class...

they're being replaced mate in less than 4-5 years
maybe less as far as I know
call me a dreamer but I'm hoping for a frigate
lol

we used to operate this beautiful beast till early 80s
an Edsall-class destroyer

photoder.gif

TJ-Gary-Otago-McLachlan.jpg

lol

photoder.gif

From 400ish Tonnes to a 6000ish Tonnes one... that's quite a leap.
If they get some 2600-3000ish Tonnes Corvettes, I will be already happy.

But Who knows, Everything is Possible nowadays.

lol

photoder.gif

that was destroyed ( burned ) by ben ali as it hold bourghiba name on it and it was our capital ship

i would love to see a destroyer in our navy maybe JPJ Class

JP_002.jpg5690f6f6-2607-476a-833b-c58efdec381bOriginal.jpg

US_Navy_070814-N-3541A-172_USS_Cowpens_%28CG_63%29_and_USS_John_Paul_Jones_%28DDG_53%29_transit_in_formation_during_a_joint_photo_exercise_%28PHOTOEX%29_concluding_Valiant_Shield_2007.jpg

9 Pid-Bul armored vehicle gift from the U.S
All of that show for few PitBulls... That we could have paid easily with our own money... like every previous pcs in our inventory...

At least, they could have gifted us with something more "relevant"... Like "uniforms/Accessories" that are more useful and could have been used for Thousands and Thousands of Soldiers with the amount wasted in 9 pitbulls...

It's like that long time no see friend who come to see you with 150g "Glibet" in his hand and will make sure to repeat how great he is, that he get you a gift ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom