What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

What BCE basically said yesterday:
1/ we're continuing to re-equip and modernize our army entirely
2/ More focus on Intelligence
3/ a new doctrine concerning military industry and technology transfer
4/ the army and MOD will be reorganized (إعادة هيكلة) I think was the word he used.

Last edited:
What BCE basically said yesterday:
1/ we're continuing to re-equip ans modernize our army entirely
2/ More focus on Intelligence
3/ a new doctrine concerning military industry and technology transfer
4/ the army and MOD will be reorganized (إعادة هيكلة) I think was the word he used.
The last time that point 3 apperead was in Carthage era...

Sadly no the last time was right before the french occupation wen ahmed bey decided to modernize the army and make it european stile and participating in far away wars and costing the treasury a lot .
Ahmed Bey open the road to a "Modernization". Not really for autonomy in "Defence Manufacturing".
He tried to model the TN army according to the Ottoman ones and "Foreign Officer" as trainors...

Today TN modernisation is a "Bit" like under AhmadBey... Where we had to create from scratch by choosing a "Powerful" Exemple as a model. The Difference from the Old days is the willingness to have a "Hand" in Defence procurement and not only into "Having an Army" but "Being one".

Last edited:
kiowa.jpg
vlcsnap_2018_06_25_08h33m41s388.png

Ahmed Bey open the road to a "Modernization". Not really for autonomy in "Defence Manufacturing".
He tried to model the TN army according to the Ottoman ones and "Foreign Officer" as trainors...

Today TN modernisation is a "Bit" like under AhmadBey... Where we had to create from scratch by choosing a "Powerful" Exemple as a model. The Difference from the Old days is the willingness to have a "Hand" in Defence procurement and not only into "Having an Army" but "Being one".
yet ahmed bey did choose a power example and not all the trainers were turks most of them was french he was impressed with the french model and was afraid of it in the same time due to their activities in Algeria but still he started some local manufacturing of some guns and uniforms but again economy and miss-management and mainly corruption what broke the model a thing that we're not away off, now days.

yet ahmed bey did choose a power example and not all the trainers were turks most of them was french he was impressed with the french model and was afraid of it in the same time due to their activities in Algeria but still he started some local manufacturing of some guns and uniforms but again economy and miss-management and mainly corruption what broke the model a thing that we're not away off, now days.

Yes, we can say we are "almost" in the same "position" as 170+years ago When it comes to the "Vision" of the Army.
But We did more progress...Transformation...Training...Threat response... Manufacturing (if things goes as said with TR) than under the Entire reign of Ahmed Bey. Even though "Economical" &"Socially" wise we are proportionally equivalent than those past time. (Analysis in Proportion between our different times)

Therefore I think, We did a better job than our forefathers... Let's hope the Future is also on our side... Let's say "Rightful & Competent" minds "stay" in our side.

I don't know why I feel like this dude looks kinda Asian :sarcastic:
we have some Tunisians of asian descent anyways so who knows

He does look a bit Mongolian, doesn't he? Very cool, man.
What I find kinda consistent and interesting is how these Tunisian SOFs really like that cheek stock modification. This is like the 3rd or 4th time we've seen it so far.

He does look a bit Mongolian, doesn't he? Very cool, man.

lots of them are central Asians in origin
the majority came with the Turks around the 16th century and setteled in Tunisia, we still call them Chinwa/ Chniwasi (Chinese) or Japouni (Japanese), although they have nothing to do with either of them and they all carry Arab/Tunisian names and family names
:lol::lol:
and nice remark
it seems our lads are in love with modifying anything their hands can reach
you can see the pattern everywhere

Screenshot_20180627-124857.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom