What's new

TTP only want to get out of US war, not impose sharia by force: Imran Khan

I think we should explain to the people why the more extreme elements of sharia are incompatible with equality and human rights. This would be a good opportunity to set an example of how to resolve differences through dialog and education, rather than force.

That is the best strategy what you describe, but the danger comes when those who are supposed to lead and influence themselves are confused. Exhibit A: Imran Khan. Was't he the Promised Messiah only a few months ago and touted to be the Prime Minister? Now look at him. The story of others is depressingly similar on this level, because the present choice of Nawaz Al-Sharif is not any better either.

That is the best strategy what you describe, but the danger comes when those who are supposed to lead and influence themselves are confused. Exhibit A: Imran Khan. Was't he the Promised Messiah only a few months ago and touted to be the Prime Minister? Now look at him. The story of others is depressingly similar on this level, because the present choice of Nawaz Al-Sharif is not any better either.

I still have tremendous respect for Imran Khan, and I believe he is head and shoulders above the others in terms of his vision for Pakistan. He is one of the few mainstream politicians who espouses social democracy for Pakistan's masses. The feudals and robber barons are beyond hope, and the military elite is no better.

I just don't know what he's doing with these statements about the TTP. He is far too intelligent to believe this nonsense.

I still have tremendous respect for Imran Khan, and I believe he is head and shoulders above the others in terms of his vision for Pakistan. He is one of the few mainstream politicians who espouses social democracy for Pakistan's masses. The feudals and robber barons are beyond hope, and the military elite is no better.

I just don't know what he's doing with these statements about the TTP. He is far too intelligent to believe this nonsense.

And yet he is clearly making statements that are simply idiotic, despite his recognized vision. That is what is so depressing.

Don't sully the name of IRA, by comparing these animals to them. @Irfan Baloch is right in his definition of them, they truly are "Hounds of Hell"...... there is no solution but taking a page out of their own book. It needs to be implelented on the same lines. Death of an innocent child of a liberal (Shia / Barelvi / Christian / Hindu / Ahmadi / Martian / Anyone who doesn't agree to their version of Hadeesilam (copyright by me)) needs to be avenged with death of an innocent child of a terrorist (Wahabi / Deobandi)

It's as simple as that. Fear of God, alone, will not cut it.

they represent an organization that has killed civilians and soldiers....being in the same room as them shows how much 'ghairat' these people have

the IRA after a bloody campaign PUBLICLY renounced violence and put down their weapons completely; these haramzaday people have not done so and have no control over the loose faction groups under their umbrella - a lot of whom are working at the behest of the enemy Afghan intelligence services whom we will also have to de-fang in the medium to long run, depending on who replaces Karzai the illegtimate puppet of Kabul

Don't sully the name of IRA, by comparing these animals to them. @Irfan Baloch is right in his definition of them, they truly are "Hounds of Hell"...... there is no solution but taking a page out of their own book. It needs to be implelented on the same lines. Death of an innocent child of a liberal (Shia / Barelvi / Christian / Hindu / Ahmadi / Martian / Anyone who doesn't agree to their version of Hadeesilam (copyright by me)) needs to be avenged with death of an innocent child of a terrorist (Wahabi / Deobandi)

It's as simple as that. Fear of God, alone, will not cut it.

They are Pathans mostly the TTP. So if they are anything like you, then laton ke bhoot baton se nahin mante :D

Mehsud pathan clan is very much embedded with TTP.

And yet he is clearly making statements that are simply idiotic, despite his recognized vision. That is what is so depressing.

Perhaps he is trying to position himself as a credible interlocutor, but the danger is that he could end up being played by them to portray themselves as legitimate.

Also, being in KPK, he is probably more sensitive to the collateral damage that any war inflicts. Those of us far away only see it as an abstract statistic. The flip side is that the people of KPK also suffer the most from the TTP's brutal ideology.

They are Pathans mostly the TTP. So if they are anything like you, then laton ke bhoot baton se nahin mante :D

ZameeN juNbad Na juNbad Gul Mohammed. We used to joke with our Pathan buddies that Pathan is not an ethnicity, but an attitude.

Dude, do you even know that "Meh-suds" are not Pashtun? They are half breeds. Just like Khattaks and many others. :D

I know him personally. What I don't get is, his personal views are nothing like his statements. It has been baffling me for a long time now. I'll confront him next time on it. Maybe he has been brain washed recently!!!

Perhaps he is trying to position himself as a credible interlocutor, but the danger is that he could end up being played by them to portray themselves as legitimate.

Also, being in KPK, he is probably more sensitive to the collateral damage that any war inflicts. Those of us far away only see it as an abstract statistic. The flip side is that the people of KPK also suffer the most from the TTP's brutal ideology.

Dude, do you even know that "Meh-suds" are not Pashtun? They are half breeds. Just like Khattaks and many others. :D

Mehsuds are Pathans, 100%. Afridis are half breed, waziris. Pathans are Afghani, smelly people :D

Bandook nikal ke dishum dishum na shuru hoween :woot:

Ah, Imran Khan- the eternal Taliban apologist.

One thing I've never figured out is does he actually buy into the Taliban ideology or have they bought him?

Can some Pak members comment?

Ewwwwww. I want to cream your arse now............ :mad::mad::mad:

Mehsuds are Pathans, 100%. Afridis are half breed, waziris. Pathans are Afghani, smelly people :D

Bandook nikal ke dishum dishum na shuru hoween :woot:

Perhaps. Perhaps not. The rest of this year will clear up the picture considerably.

Ah, Imran Khan- the eternal Taliban apologist.

One thing I've never figured out is does he actually buy into the Taliban ideology or have they bought him?

Can some Pak members comment?
Imran used to be a philanthropist, and after forming up a government in KPK, he became a politician. Simple as that.

I know him personally. What I don't get is, his personal views are nothing like his statements.

Perhaps he feels that people in his constituency are being killed as collateral damage and he needs to push for a solution that doesn't sacrifice innocent civilians in his constituency.

The people sitting in Lahore and Karachi surely don't give a damn if a few random pakhtun get killed along the way.

Back
Top Bottom