What's new

TTP Jamaatul Ahrar releases details of alleged Wagah suicide bomber

This might be the right time for Pak to take a lesson from Israel. Around ten years back, when the second intifada was going on, Hamas used to release the pictures and details of suicide bombers, to lionize them as martyrs. Israel responded by blowing up the houses of each of the suicide bombers, after taking their families outside. Hamas immediately stopped the practice, and could no longer publically applaud suicide bombers. That lack of public celebration itself caused a dip in the willingness of wannabe martyrs. Believe it or not, some of them are partly motivated by the prospects of leaving behind a legacy of fame and admiration - and if their "martyrdom" cannot be publicized, then that motivation is taken away.

This might be the right time for Pak to take a lesson from Israel. Around ten years back, when the second intifada was going on, Hamas used to release the pictures and details of suicide bombers, to lionize them as martyrs. Israel responded by blowing up the houses of each of the suicide bombers, after taking their families outside. Hamas immediately stopped the practice, and could no longer publically applaud suicide bombers. That lack of public celebration itself caused a dip in the willingness of wannabe martyrs. Believe it or not, some of them are partly motivated by the prospects of leaving behind a legacy of fame and admiration - and if their "martyrdom" cannot be publicized, then that motivation is taken away.

Media should be silenced in this regard. But not that method which you've said. We're not Israel, and we're not fighting foreigners, they are home-grown miscreants.

Kisi khabees kutti kay bachay- mazay lay ab dozakh k-

The irony is that he was expecting paradise. Instead he will get the opposite and his victims are our martyrs, they will get what he wanted.

What a disgusting savage. I hope he burns and burns in hell. Look at the filth.

Until Pakistan becomes deadly serious about tackling this problem at grass roots level , this will continue.

It won't be. Denial is rife. And extremism is endemic. Politics, war and Islam are mixed in the most unholy ways. Is it any surprise that we keep producing these types of people?

Media should be silenced in this regard. But not that method which you've said. We're not Israel, and we're not fighting foreigners, they are home-grown miscreants.
The media cannot be silenced - at least, not all media. TTP would still release whatever they want to release through twitter or youtube or facebook. In this day and age, anybody can publicize anything.

Another reasoning behind Israel's method was that each suicide bomber's family used to be paid a substantial amount of compensation - so blowing up their home disincentivizes them from a financial POV as well. I would never advocate punishing family members, unless they were complicit in the crime. But their (the bomber's) property seems fair game, I think.

Remember, TTP is not releasing this picture thoughtlessly - they are doing it for a purpose, with an aim.

The media cannot be silenced - at least, not all media. TTP would still release whatever they want to release through twitter or youtube or facebook. In this day and age, anybody can publicize anything.

Another reasoning behind Israel's method was that each suicide bomber's family used to be paid a substantial amount of compensation - so blowing up their home disincentivizes them from a financial POV as well. I would never advocate punishing family members, unless they were complicit in the crime. But their (the bomber's) property seems fair game, I think.

Remember, TTP is not releasing this picture thoughtlessly - they are doing it for a purpose, with an aim.

TTP are clever, and their masters and local commanders and fiendishly clever. But like I said, an Israeli approach cannot be adopted here. We are playing as President Obummer put it, it's a battle of hearts and minds. We win the locals, we win the war, we beat up the locals, we're despicable Pakistanis who beat our own kind, no different from the terrorists and we lose, and the TTP win.

That argument is a bit thin when it comes to civilian deaths.
responses to that are as follows

Terrorists say
1. it is the punishment for people of Pakistan who are with their army (reference to the comments by Baith Ullah Mehsood after Marriot Bombing during Ramadan).
2. these deaths should be seen as a blessing by Muslims. those who die in those explosions go to heaven if they are Muslims so no harm done. comments by a failed suicide bomber in Karachi

general public & politicians say
because Pakistan army and American drones bomb these Muslims so they are justified in responding. as long as Pakistan army will fight American war, the Taliban will continue to target civilians. hence its the Pakistan army that is provoking the Taliban

people of Pakistan are allies and puppets of the west?
refer to section 1
yea, according to terrorists and their self appointed spokesmen from political parties and general public. see responses in the above section
surveys and reactions on America in Pakistan says otherwise -

don't get me started. I pee on the name of surveys, they are not even worth the piece of paper they are written on.
so why are they killing the people?
refer to section 1

because Pakistan army is fighting the American war and bombing the innocent mujahideen and their families.

=== compute that buddy and then shoot the messenger ..====>. ME

Now that we know where he was from,shouldn't his family house plus property sold to compensate the victims family. The madrasah he was student of also be demolished and mullah preachers charged with terrorism.

Why media is calling it TTP? Jumat ul ahrar is no longer part of it.

Iss indian ko daiko, israel ki example apni jaib may rakho.

Funny thing is people think a person will turn into radical Islamist by getting support from a Hindus.
But the truth is, The first person these suicide bombers will kill is the Hindu officers of Indian intelligence.

Yes , India cultivated problems for pakistan in the form of propaganda in Afghan against Pakistan, but we dont have any training camps.

So if a pakistani mulla can convince a pakistani citizen to kill himself and other pakistanis .. dont bring india into the picture. Take out the mulla and then take out the suicide bomber.

TTP are clever, and their masters and local commanders and fiendishly clever. But like I said, an Israeli approach cannot be adopted here. We are playing as President Obummer put it, it's a battle of hearts and minds. We win the locals, we win the war, we beat up the locals, we're despicable Pakistanis who beat our own kind, no different from the terrorists and we lose, and the TTP win.

I propose a policy incorporating Hot Persuite, Diplomacy, Good education and welfare scheme to fight against terrorism. You really need to divert the mindset of youth from radicalization to a situation where they see hope and enlightenment.

Back
Top Bottom