What's new

TTP got hands on MANPADS

Well for a bharati like they might some kind of a proof. Not for us. And what I am saying has been reported dozens of times in your media despite your media is a sh!t in itself too. Unlike you, we know and believe in facts and don't go to forums of our enemies to rant our ignorance.
brain washed fools like you won't believe even your army kill some civilins in front of you. and there is no evidence that indian army is doing torching of Kashmirs. if you have pls share it. those videos of pakistan army torchering and killing civilins are not reported by indian media.and your media reporting don't even have a value of toilet paper. your media is noting but a medium of spreading army propaganda. if you want to see evidence then google search then you can see what your army had done in the places like FATA and Baluchistan. those videos are evidence for pakistan army barbarism. and i don't give a dame, i don't expect anything better from you.

No matters. The most important characters are dead. End of story. If one or two less terrorist who wasn't from our military escaped to some other country then it is good for us. May that terrorist die in that country.

terrorists die in that country?? use your brain if you have any. they are alive they may came back and plan another attack as they know the PN HQ very well as they know their house. and they know about the security system, they know your active service member and their families, they know about the mentality of the service members. that a serious thread to your national security
More bullsh!t. You don't care about what what Pakistanis but come to their forums again and again. A bharat making an as$ out of himself. :lol:

Anyways it is sham to see Colonel rank officers joining terror outfits and then claiming that they were undercover agents so that they can be released just like that terrorist against whom they were working for. Indians think everyone is fool like them and would believe in their bullsh!t stories to save terrorists.
i came to this form not because i care about paks. there are other reason for why i join this form.

pakistanis won't understand the difference b/w undercover and joining the terror group. because in pakistani military the officers go intel operation later end up in joining terror group. just like Ilyas Kashmiri, who was an SSG officer then he joined terror group for doing terrorism against his motherland once tried to protect. and there are many examples of pakistan military offers joining terror organisations. its not new in pakistan. but it is not same in india. here indian army soldiers going for covert intel operations for protecting the home land not for terrorists.

i have seen the video and i can clearly identify man in black mask showing use of weapon is don't even have a beard and also look like a Indian agent
may be Indian propaganda

if he was indian then he would be sporting beard. It is basic 101 and you would not appear on video.

Islamabad: Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan today released a video of its members holding a Shoulder Launch Missile, which the militant group claimed to have used in downing a Pakistan military helicopter killing ambassadors of the Philippines and Norway and five others in the Azad Kashmir.

A video released by a jihadist media forum shows at least four masked militants with the surface-to-air missile (SAM-7 B) allegedly used in hitting the Mi-17 that crashed in Naltar valley of Gilgit-Baltisitan in Azad Kashmir.

In a written message in Urdu just before the start of the video, the militant group claimed that the helicopter was turning due to which the missile hit the tail rotor of the helicopter so it did not get destroyed fully in the air.
related_shadow.png
The message claimed that the missile was fired from a distance of 3 kilometers to down the helicopter on Friday.

The Russian SAM-7 Model or SAM-7 B can hit a target up to a distance of 3 kilometres.

The SITE Intelligence Group, a US-based website that monitors extremist groups, also put video on its website.

Norwegian envoy Leif H Larsen and Domingo D Lucenario Jr of the Philippines were killed along with the wives of the Malaysian and Indonesian ambassadors, besides two army pilots and a Pakistani crew member after the helicopter crashed.

The Taliban had claimed responsibility for the downing of the chopper and said premier Nawaz Sharif was their target. "The helicopter was shot down by an anti-aircraft missile, killing pilots and many foreign ambassadors," TTP's main spokesman Muhammad Khorasani had claimed after the crash.

"A special group of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan had prepared a special plan to target Nawaz Sharif during his visit but he survived because he was travelling in another helicopter," he had said.

The Pakistan Army, however, ruled out the possibility of any terrorist or subversive activity in the crash and said the chopper crashed due to a technical fault while landing.

Foreign Secretary Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry on Saturday rejected the Taliban claim, saying initial probe showed engine failure caused the mishap.

Taliban Releases Video of Missile Launcher It Says was Used to Shoot Down Pak Army Chopper

@GR!FF!N, bud you're too late, anyway welcome to the party :enjoy:

LOL..searched for a duplicate thread,but couldn't find one..Thats why I opened it..Good Job by the way,merging this thread..

Any way..on topic...

I searched and found this..

But in WikiLeaks’ trove of war logs are at least 11 references to insurgents with Chinese HN-5 surface-to-air missiles, and many more of SA-7s discovered in Taliban weapons caches.

00584_17-660x445.jpg

Is Iran Supplying the Taliban With Missile Tech? | WIRED

Afghan Taliban with SA-7..

in case someone wonders what HN-5 looks like...

hn5a-001.jpg

its a Chinese copy of SA-7.

It is strange as Pakistan army declared RAW sponsoring terror in Pakistan TTP announces they have MANPAD in their arsenal. Point to ponder is they weren't able to obtain it in 10 years of war. What changed this time and how did they obtain it ?
Nothing has changed except common man's understanding of how MANPADs work. These are older MANPADs that were distributed in thousands during Soviet war amongst Afghans. Some were Russian-made obtained from Israel, later Americans directly provided Stingers.
The thing is, MANPADs work on complex batteries and operating systems and also need tough training along with maintenance, they are not like RPG-7 that you can bury them and take them out 7 years later in working condition.

The MANPADs the Khwarij are holding stopped working in late 1990's. That's why there are almost no incidents of Taliban shooting down a US helicopter with a MANPAD.

To start off, there is no such unit as a SAM-7, which leads me to assume that the TTP lack any basic knowledge about the weapon that they themselves hold in their hands. It looks like an old stinger, especially the primer that they show earlier in the video however, questions can be raised about whether they have access to any more units and if they are operational or not because as far as cosmetics go, ISIS has paraded around scuds and should theoretically pose a grave threat to very important cities in the ME but the fact that they have appeared only in videos seems to suggest that they are far from being operational. I would assume that its a similar case with the MANPAD they have showcased.

Also, an IR seeking missile would hit somewhere close to the engines that have the most pronounced IR signature, the tail rotor is arguably the hardest part to hit on the entire copter due to its small size and the fact that it has a negligible heat signature.

The MANPADs the Khwarij are holding stopped working in late 1990's. That's why there are almost no incidents of Taliban shooting down a US helicopter with a MANPAD.

I doubt it....

Afghanistan war logs: US covered up fatal Taliban missile strike on Chinook | World news | The Guardian

thats how International Arms Black market works..partly covert Govt operation,partly middleman and all..

also,your analysis is wrong..Manpads can work for decades..read this...

The Americans were particularly interested in retrieving unused Stingers from the stockpile of up to 2,000 distributed in the 1980s. One report from Jowzjan in 2005 said an Afghan intelligence chief was authorised to pay $5,000 for older SA-7 missiles and $15,000 for a Stinger. "The NDS [National Directorate of Security] had been ordered to buy all they can acquire, to stop them falling into OMF [opposing military force] hands," it says.

nobody would've bothered if it'd not in working condition.

Back
Top Bottom