What's new

TTP got hands on MANPADS

I see the seeker quite clearly, there is undoubtedly a projectile in there what you are referring to, if we are talking about the same thing, is the primer that they show at the start of the video.

Let's just look at the video once more.May be we can enlist the stuff.

@ 00:20 ,the guy shows the thermal battery (9B17).
Powered with DC voltage of 22V and 40V .

atwar-chivers-manpad-1019-blog480.jpg

00:28 , he picks up the reloadable gripstock assembly 9P54M.

SA-7_Grail_9K32_Strela-2_manpads_portable_air_defence_Russia_Russian_missile_system_line_drawing_blueprint_002.jpg

DSCI0046.jpg

At 00:45 seconds ,he's shows the IR seeker of the missile ,which hopefully is 9k32M.

SA-7_MANAPADS,_air_defense_training_in_the_US.jpg

Rest is the attachment site and he explains the trigger mechanism etc.

An identification friend or foe (IFF) system can be fitted,but is missing as it's optional.

Last edited:
If you don't know about anything then try to learn instead of trying to mock someone. Just shut up and listen don't throw random figures, it has range of more than 5 km and it's effective range is more than 3.5 KM. It is really not so, to some extent I do agree but not half so keep your knowledge with yourself instead of teaching someone who has real time experience.There are hell lot of idiots like you who say effective range decreases (almost half) when SAM hits a moving target. No one is going to station a heli for you just to make sure you hit it with max range. If you go through my first comment I said it was just an accident.

Afghans never had SA18. Period.

Shilka ?? It is AA gun mate. It was used or I would say designed in 60's and is of no use if we talk about today.
i think you know nothing.
had you known it you would have known a simple fact about maximum effective range and actuall useful range
say for example a AIM 120 has max range of 100 km from a moving target to a moving target at 50,000 feet but effective kill zone of 30-40 km

now let me teach you physics, say for example you are on a hill and your target is below you and another target is 10,000 feet above will the kill be 5 km for both, obviously not. such Shoulder SAMs dont even work at 10,000 or more feet as the share steep climb will exhaust all of its propellant.

that is the reason that even ground based SAMs has effective range of around 10-12 km at best even though there max range is 30-40 km. do some research and come back.

Let's just look at the video once more.May be we can enlist the stuff.

@ 00:20 ,the guy shows the thermal battery (9B17).
Powered with DC voltage of 22V and 40V .

An identification friend or foe (IFF) system can be fitted,but is missing as it's optional.

After such a detailed post, I am more inclined to believe that it is indeed either a Sterla or an HN-5. They're practically indistinguishable.

India will learn the hard way...these rats Hindu lobby must be given serious counter response with force TTP was created by perhaps in the name of drones and other emotional events but surely now plays in the hands of Indian RAW with full finical support..pakistan must cut the water supplies to the tree which will help countering the whole strategy towards terrorism...

i think you know nothing.
had you known it you would have known a simple fact about maximum effective range and actuall useful range
say for example a AIM 120 has max range of 100 km from a moving target to a moving target at 50,000 feet but effective kill zone of 30-40 km

now let me teach you physics, say for example you are on a hill and your target is below you and another target is 10,000 feet above will the kill be 5 km for both, obviously not. such Shoulder SAMs dont even work at 10,000 or more feet as the share steep climb will exhaust all of its propellant.

that is the reason that even ground based SAMs has effective range of around 10-12 km at best even though there max range is 30-40 km. do some research and come back.

You once again proved you are idiot of your kind. No one has ever heard of ground based SAM. It is either SAM or GTAM. Don't give me lessons of physics when you know zilch about it. Standing on a hill and hitting target below you, what rubbish ?

After Modi in Power Peshawer Massacre, Shikarpur tragedy happens and now TTP get MANPAD..
And now I Smell Some airstrikes in Afgh by PAF..

Shilka ?? It is AA gun mate. It was used or I would say designed in 60's and is of no use if we talk about today.
yes dear
very old but effective and deadly, much deadlier with more range than the 12.7 mm mostly employed by them.

if you look up their videos who will see them in action. whether or not they have scored kills is another thing. our helicopters did return with 14.5 mm rounds damage and we also destroyed or confiscated few of them.

I see the seeker quite clearly, there is undoubtedly a projectile in there what you are referring to, if we are talking about the same thing, is the primer that they show at the start of the video.
clarified by @S.U.R.B. I stand corrected

yes dear
very old but effective and deadly, much deadlier with more range than the 12.7 mm mostly employed by them.

if you look up their videos who will see them in action. whether or not they have scored kills is another thing. our helicopters did return with 14.5 mm rounds damage and we also destroyed or confiscated few of them.

I seriously don't get you or I am too naive to catch experts like you. You said Shilka and I jumped in seeing that we are not talking about AA here. Was wondering if you identified it as Shilka. Forgive me if I get you wrong. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom