What's new

TTP ‘check-post’ set up in Swat: report

And as if the Army hasn't been milking this issue to get its pockets filled and residencies sorted for the last twenty years, atleast.

I blame the army for ONE THING, and that's for walking on egg shells I. Ethnocentric issues

The TTP, Taliban types weren't slaughtered and hit because of the view that they are one and the same as the local tribals and hitting them would create deeper animosity amongst their people

The army should disregard all this shit and act like the security force it is meant to be

Hit them

Hit them again

Arrest and persecute their family and friends who KNOW these terrorists

Locals were prediciting such thing in mid 2000s and they were right
۔

Locals are just the flip side of the coin

When we hit TTP in Afghanistan a few months ago via drone,, Mohsin dawar and locals claimed they were innocent IDPs not TTP

That is the level of jahilat of these people

Whenever terrorists were killed, the locals plus PTM were on the streets claiming we killed one of the innocent members

It's a victim ideology, the afghans are a lost people

We can't help or trust them

My opinion:
I think this is last leg for ttp and Pakistan is playing a master stroke against them.
Why I say this? Because anti peace elements in ttp getting eliminated and their allies getting eliminated while ttp it self is fracturing.
When Noor Wali Mehsud took over ttp it was completely destroyed because Fazlullah caused ttp to split into many groups fighting each other. Noor Wali shifted ttp from total Islamists into Islamists + etho nationalism and formed alliances with baloch groups to strengthen ttp. He united many groups under his leadership and made peace between many groups. Even iskp avoided targeting ttp while having ties and alliances with some factions. Noor Wali shifted ttp strategy as well to fight an insurgency while having many fighters in Afghanistan to do cross border raids. Noor Wali banned beheadings and suicide bombings in civilians areas to make their propaganda more effective. He brought a complete revolution in ttp while selling the narrative he’s part of IEA. After IEA victory and his new strategy + alliances he had a lot of power. Estimates are ttp was and is numbering more then 35 000 troops while many Afghan Taliban factions and fighters were loyal to ttp. Afghan Taliban it self had many groups whos origins were from Pakistani tribal areas which hadn’t fought Pakistan yet but were loyal to ttp. Noor Wali managed to recruit many baloch into ttp and recently a Baloch Afghan Taliban commander joined ttp with his faction.
But all these alliances had a major weakness. The weakness was they were all loosely united against Pakistan. Iskp propaganda already strong and they have ties with many ttp factions. When we started peace negotiations we divided ttp. Ttp tried to avoid this division by putting Abdul Wali on forefront of negotiations but Abdul Wali was killed by markhors with help if Siraj Haqqani. Zawahiri who was also against IEA making ttp negotiate with us was set up and killed by Siraj. Now ttp is fracturing. The hardcore extremist salafi factions are likely to join iskp and already had ties with iskp. This will serve Pakistan because it will directly make them an open enemy of IEA too so they will be sandwiched between pak army and IEA. The hardcore extremist deobandi factions have already created their new group called IMAM which already claimed the recent suicide bombing in Mir Ali. This will destroy their narrative of being part of IEA and also sandwich them between IEA and Pakistan. The ttp which wants peace is allowed back into Pakistan because this also serves our interests because we divided our enemy. Also these peace negotiations have poured cold water on ttp alliances with baloch groups or other terrorists in Pakistan. With peace negotiations we’ve essentially destroyed a 35 000 strong army and made them like 15 000 strong only while making them an enemy of both IEA and Pakistan. Also rn IEA is desperate for international recognition. IEA wants no outside powers in IEA. The northern afghan provinces bordering Pakistan’s tribal areas are mostly Haqqani controlled ones. Siraj Haqqani has already set up and got many outside forces killed like zawahiri and the ttp commanders. Siraj doesn’t want any outsiders in his areas anymore so he’ll cooperate against ttp.
These peace talks have made a 35 000 strong enemy just a few thousand now and enemies of both IEA and Pakistan.

I blame the army for ONE THING, and that's for walking on egg shells I. Ethnocentric issues

The TTP, Taliban types weren't slaughtered and hit because of the view that they are one and the same as the local tribals and hitting them would create deeper animosity amongst their people

The army should disregard all this shit and act like the security force it is meant to be

Hit them

Hit them again

When we hit TTP in Afghanistan a few months ago via drone,, Mohsin dawar and locals claimed they were innocent IDPs not TTP

Whenever terrorists were killed, the locals plus PTM were on the streets claiming we killed one of the innocent members

Again this type of justification has been debunked many times.
To give an example when the military actually started the operation in 2009 they did shoot any and everyone that they wanted to and those that it couldn't their houses were blown apart (I have personally seen this happening). But that was after the Army first introduced these people to Swat and helped them establish roots all for milking the CSF facility.

Now as far your PTM canard is concerned, you need to bear in mind that we have two MNAs supporting the current Bajwa PDM setup.
Needless to say PTM is part of the same Army games.

5 page discussion on unconfirmed news peddled by the most tarnished media group filled with knee jerk reactions and absolute nonsense.

PEMRA and PTA should be dissolved as they are incapable of filtering fake news outlets.

Hit them

Hit them again

What kind of stupid BULLSHIT IS THIS

taliban survived because GOVERMENT OF PAKISTAN MAY I SAY THE ARMY CORE COMMAND decided that it should survive in afghanistan

The taliban are drinking tea with afghani taliban..the army did nothing to pressurize afghan taliban that they need to stop supporting TTP..

Great nations like china turkey and even afghan taliban have their red lines

Pakistan doesnt..harbouring TTP shoild have been pakistan red line for afghan taliban

Rather we let IEA form govt in afghanistan, let ahsan ullah ahsan the mass killer go free in a hidden deal and so on with getting what back???

5 page discussion on unconfirmed news peddled by the most tarnished media group filled with knee jerk reactions and absolute nonsense.

PEMRA and PTA should be dissolved as they are incapable of filtering fake news outlets.

May be fake news, may be jung group lying, may be twitter users are spreading fake news,
why is dg ispr silent?

Can someone who's from this region please confirm this?

Because if it is true, then the Army should disband and go home, completely and utterly useless. Sacrificed thousands of our brothers in the security forces and residents only to just hand Swat back to TTP under the guise of "peace talks"?

Two of my cousins died fighting trying to liberate these lands, I will never forgive these b@st@rds in the Military leadership if these beghairats are really about to hand the Swat valley back to these barbarians.
As a native of Swat and currently living on the outskirts of Mingora, first reports of TTP in the mountains came back in March of this year and currently the army is staying in Kalam, Malam Jabba and has bought lands in Gabeen Jabba which all are tourist hotspots. Cantt is under construction in Kanju and there is FC Garrison in Kabal area which we locals call it FC Camp also there is some sort of bases in Khwazakhela and Matta but the later is used by GOC Malakand Division

What kind of stupid BULLSHIT IS THIS

taliban survived because GOVERMENT OF PAKISTAN MAY I SAY THE ARMY CORE COMMAND decided that it should survive in afghanistan

The taliban are drinking tea with afghani taliban..the army did nothing to pressurize afghan taliban that they need to stop supporting TTP..

Great nations like china turkey and even afghan taliban have their red lines

Pakistan doesnt..harbouring TTP shoild have been pakistan red line for afghan taliban

Rather we let IEA form govt in afghanistan, let ahsan ullah ahsan the mass killer go free in a hidden deal and so on with getting what back???

Getting a strategic victory back

The afghan Republic under men like Salah were a massive strategic risk to Pakistan and intent in plotting against us

The Taliban are not in the same league, we picked and rightfully so the lesser evil

The Taliban represent and are supported by afghans

There is a video of a local journalist talking to a member of TTP in which the scumbag describes that our elders are in negotiation with the army and we have a ceasefire deal and are allowed to return to our homes and are free to roam.
The video cannot be uploaded so i am attaching a link below but the conversation is in Pashto

Last edited:
Gen Faiz got transferred out from Peshawar and TTP makes a comeback in KP. Whatever Bajra is up to, Pakistan will pay a heavy price.

If this news is true?? Questionable. Then

Is a check post possible with out the army turning a blind eye ? Not a chance

The level of bs going on this threads is amazing. The same people who used to say (and still do) that geo isnt a reliable source are using the same geo as a solid source just to bark against the same Army who provided the security that today they enjoy. You can critize the Army as much as you want, but what good does it bring to you insulting martyrs who laid their lives for you without asking much in return. Have same shame. First verify the news and then discuss it in a decent and civilized manner.

If this news is true?? Questionable. Then

Is a check post possible with out the army turning a blind eye ? Not a chance

90% of threads on PDF, from economy to current affairs to defence, are infested to trolls from both sides( pdm pti). Even the pdm clown didnt dare to use offensive tone against our martyrs, but the pti fanboys are on another level. Where are the mods when you need them

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom