Not open for further replies.

Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Truth About Pak National Anthem

Truth About Pak National Anthem - YouTube

1. Pakistan’s first national anthem was written by a Hindu "Jagan Nath Azad" on the request of Qaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

2. It remains the pakistan's official qaumi tarana National Anthem from the year 1947-1950 before it was replaced because it was written by a Hindu.

3. pakistan's present national anthem is also composed (music) by a Hindu.

4. pakistan's present national language is written in a foreign language Farsi (Persian)
:P

4. pakistan's present national language is written in a foreign language Farsi (Persian)

What about Urdu?

OP this has been discussed time and again! Let me repeat, no, mr. Nath never wrote any anthem for Pakistan. Show me a single source where mr. Nath himself has claimed this! Any book or letter?

And it's not farsi, it's Urdu - Urdu contains a good number of Persian words.

4. pakistan's present national language is written in a foreign language Farsi (Persian) [/FONT][/SIZE]:P[/COLOR]

It's written in the Urdu script, which is a modified version of the Persian script, which in turn is a modified version of the Arabic script.

Also if I'm not wrong, Ahmad G. Chagla was Muslim :what:

how in this world farsi is a foreign language for pakistan or even for india ?????

how in this world farsi is a foreign language for pakistan or even for india ?????

Its status as a lingua franca died out a couple centuries ago.

It's not like Farsi is a language the average Pakistani on the street knows. It's pretty bad it's the main language of the anthem. I believe most countries have anthems either featuring their official language or its most common language. Farsi is far from either in Pakistan's case.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol man, bhai zakir made my day

its not farsi, its a very early urdu language, one cant understand farsi, but by reading poem, one can realise its just a non conventional urdu who's every word can be understandable unlike farsi

Mate, this news really caught fire in Pakistan. A lot of people did an extensive search on this but none of them could locate a single evidence supporting the claim made in "The Milli Gazette". He might have written one like many others but that is for sure Jinnah had never approved any anthem written by Mr. Nath.

Sir, any writeups that you could point me to on this regard?

lol man, bhai zakir made my day

its not farsi, its a very early urdu language, one cant understand farsi, but by reading poem, one can realise its just a non conventional urdu who's every word can be understandable unlike farsi

All words of anthem are Persian

Its status as a lingua franca died out a couple centuries ago.

Sanskrit died out as a lingua franca long ago, but that doesnt make it a "foreign" language for the region. Farsi was spoken as the lingua franca for centuries prior to the British "discouragement" i.e. prohibition in the 1800s, during the rule of the Ghaznavi, Ghauri, Delhi and Mughal sultans. In fact from what I know it even continued to remain the lingua franca under the Sikh Empire as well. So the language is tied heavily with this land for centuries. Nevertheless the language of the anthem is a heavily Persianized but still a dialect of the Urdu language.

Whatever, I love this anthem. Best anthem in whole world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom