What's new

Trump seeks 'historic' increase of 9pc in defence spending

It's so cute to see these Chinese and Pakistanis cheer leading for each other.

Economically speaking

1) US debt ceiling means bullcrap until any currency can replace the Dollar as de facto universal currency. We actually welcome the Chinese if they appreciate their currency and try to replace the Dollar. Lol :)

2) Asia is growing and blah blah blah but, look at any 2050-2060 economic prediction and US still leads the way with highest per capita GDP out of any major global economies. In fact China's per capita income will be a fraction of US's.

Militarily speaking

1) US Naval Air Forces will overwhelm entire PLAAF both qualitatively and quantitatively. I think that says enough.

I wouldn't even talk about Pakistan's economic/military woes here out of respect for less fortunate Pakistani masses as I don't enjoy making fun of people who have it much worse.

It is just a budget proposal and i think congress will have to reduce keeping in view stressed economy and joblessness.

The Congress controls the money, the President can only propose.

Impressive spending. If you add that veteran stuff (although I agree that money spent on them practically goes to waste), budget is already 700 billion and represents near 70% gov't spending.

And, despite all of this, against nuclear parity nations like China and Russia, the US is toothless as has been proven many times over.

If they really want to beat China and Russia and legitimize their military spending, they need to develop a skin thick enough to resist nuclear heat.

Here is a quote from a German history website dedicated to the Nazi era:

Wie zielstrebig sich Deutschland auf den Krieg vorbereitete, zeigt der Anteil der Rüstungsausgaben an den Reichsausgaben: Er stieg von 8,2 Prozent (1932) über 39,3 Prozent (1934) auf 61 Prozent (1938).

My translation: Military spending went from 8.2 % in 1932 to 61 % in 1938.

Source: http://www3.ilch.uminho.pt/kultur/Das NS-Regime.htm

It's so cute to see these Chinese and Pakistanis cheer leading for each other.
Two guys yanking each other off...

...I don't enjoy making fun of people who have it much worse.
The reason why people from these 'less fortunate' countries make fun of the US is because -- that is the only escape they have. They cannot leave their current situation. The American invention of the Internet is their daily temporary relief. They close their windows to shut out the reality of their world, turn on their computers to escape and enter their make believe world where they are superior to Americans.

No. YOU wish. Despite our post Cold War draw down, the US still have thousands of nuclear warheads, while China's estimate is around a couple hundreds.

No, I don't. I say things a I see them. Even a blind could sense China's rise in the last two decades.
Of course you are cheering for China. Even a blind man can see that.

Two guys yanking each other off...

The reason why people from these 'less fortunate' countries make fun of the US is because -- that is the only escape they have. They cannot leave their current situation. The American invention of the Internet is their daily temporary relief. They close their windows to shut out the reality of their world, turn on their computers to escape and enter their make believe world where they are superior to Americans.

No. YOU wish. Despite our post Cold War draw down, the US still have thousands of nuclear warheads, while China's estimate is around a couple hundreds.

Haha I think a few have already cum in their pants, predicting US downfall :D

Exactly, I've encountered a few of these alternate facts enthusiasts who like to live in their parallel world here in the UK.

Haha I think a few have already cum in their pants, predicting US downfall :D

Exactly, I've encountered a few of these alternate facts enthusiasts who like to live in their parallel world here in the UK.
I was invited to come here back in '09. Every yr, it is the same rehashed thing with every US military budget. The same military industrial complex Eisenhower quote. The same US decline/collapse predictions. The same China is going to dump US Treasury declaration. The same...

And these guys never get tire of being wrong yr after yr.

First of all, # of war heads is state secret, nobody knows for sure, estimates range from hundreds to thousands

Second of all, like we couldn't build more when the need comes, with our industry capacity? It's just why wasting money on these things instead of high speed rail, bridges, metros, buildings?

Your own civil engineer society gave your country a D+ in terms of infrastructure, bridge collapses, dam collapses, what else collapses in your great USA?

Like I said again, you take proud in wrong things, of course the military industry complex laugh all their way to the bank with foolish fanboys cheering.

Let US take just this one item since it implies the US is somehow heartless...

Just for the government alone, the National Institute of Health (NIH) annually spends over 30 bils to support medical research, most of them do not yield any tangible results for yrs after the initial funding, and NIH keeps supporting these various projects. Then there is the private sector. Combined, the US spends over 100 bils per yr for the same. And we share the knowledge.

I wonder how much Pakistan spends and contribute...:rolleyes:

Sir!...I appreciate and highly regard your comments related to Air force. There is no one parallel to your knowledge there.

Here I beg to differ.

Just to let you know I am a doctor and have been involved in research and leadership as well. I have studied healthcare systems.

Fundamentally, US has a healthcare system that, like its other industries, is a capitalist system. Such a system is fundamentally focussed at making and generating money rather than focussing on people's health, ethics of care, fundamental human right to medical care etc.

Just to make it easy for you, prior to Obama care, 35-million people in US had no healthcare (the total population of Sweden is 10-million). Can we ask why US as a country was not sensitive to these 35-million Americans?

The figures you have quoted are correct, but all these institutions are about making and generating money - and that is it.

Just to make your day, only today your new President has made another gaffe. President Trump had a promise that he would reverse Obama care. When it now comes to delivering the promise, President Trump has said today, "no body knew American Healthcare system was so complex" :woot:

His statement was read to Bernie Sanders on live TV - Bernie burst into laughter.

Last edited:
Your own civil engineer society gave your country a D+ in terms of infrastructure, bridge collapses, dam collapses, what else collapses in your great USA?
Is it true that in your China, a lot of children have to climb shaky rope bridges to get to school ?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/chinese-students-climb-2000-foot-bamboo-ladder-get-school-n581596

So why are you building 'stealth' fighters and aircraft carriers ? Are you not taking funds away from these children ?

Just to let you know I am a doctor and have been involved in research and leadership as well. I have studied healthcare systems.
My point is this...

Does Pakistan have a military ? Why ? What for ? Are you not taking money away from your education system when half of your population is illiterate ?

Is it true that in your China, a lot of children have to climb shaky rope bridges to get to school ?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/chinese-students-climb-2000-foot-bamboo-ladder-get-school-n581596

So why are you building 'stealth' fighters and aircraft carriers ? Are you not taking funds away from these children ?

My point is this...

Does Pakistan have a military ? Why ? What for ? Are you not taking money away from your education system when half of your population is illiterate ?

haha, unlike you gloating and bragging a 10% increase of defense budget, we recognize it's a necessary evil and only allocate funds necessary to be prepared for war with people like you. as a matter of act, without people like you we don't need spend so much on military.

plus, the poor children live in deep mountain, your great usa has no poverty in Appalachians? you great usa don't have homeless or beggars living on the street?

haha, unlike you gloating and bragging a 10% increase of defense budget, we recognize it's a necessary evil and only allocate funds necessary to be prepared for war with people like you. as a matter of act, without people like you we don't need spend so much on military.

plus, the poor children live in deep mountain, your great usa has no poverty in Appalachians? you great usa don't have homeless or beggars living on the street?
Then you have proven my point. As long as your country have a military, which is a non-productive member of your society, and as long as you have justifications on maintaining your military, you have no good cause to criticize US for what we do with our military's budget.

As far as bragging goes, you are telling me that you Chinese on this forum have NEVER boasts about the PLA's budget increases ? Never called for more money for the PLA ? Never post reams of pictures of your soldiers, airmen, and sailors ?

Until your country dismantle its military, you are in no position to criticize US for ours.

I can't believe the US still uses Los Angeles class subs, B-52 bombers, F-15 fighters, and no replacement for Ohio class subs.

Just to make your day, only today your new President has made another gaffe. President Trump had a promise that he would reverse Obama care. When it now comes to delivering the promise, President Trump has said today, "no body new American Healthcare system was so complex" :woot:

His statement was read to Bernie Sanders on live TV - Bernie burst into laughter.
You do not understand the basis for what Trump said.

The complexity for America's health care system came from the WANT for government to be the paternal figure in every American's life. The solution for that complexity is very simple -- leave people alone.

That is not being cruel. That is how the US was founded. Let people take care of themselves. The desire, no matter how altruistic it maybe, to take care of people when they are sick and have the government be in charge of the entire process, predictably met with resistance. Over the yrs, the entire issue grew into the institutional and financial monster that is the American health care system. THAT is what Trump was talking about. Sanders laughed because philosophically, he contributed to the creation of that monster.

Leave people alone -- why is that so difficult to do ?

Back
Top Bottom