What's new

Trump seeks 'historic' increase of 9pc in defence spending

Change is constant. Changing doesn't mean defeat.
In this case -- The Cold War -- it was definitely a defeat.

China was ardently Marxist during the Cold War, then after the spectacular and ignoble collapse of the Soviet Union, China radically changed. She had to, else she would suffer a similar fate. Spin all you want, but what is the Communist Party of China doing with a capitalist economy if not an admission of 'we screwed up big time' ? :lol:

Now coming to your second para....
Wars don't work like this. Not present day. An all out military conflict between USA & China will result in a mutual assured destruction. So, China is not in a position to win...but more importantly they won't be the ones to lose either.
Please do not even try to lecture me about wars. I am USAF veteran of the Cold War (F-111) and Desert Storm (F-16).

I have no problems saying, with 100% confidence, that if there is a nuclear exchange between US and China, China will lose by way of sheer overwhelming warhead numerical superiority by US. You really think we have no plan for a nuclear war against China ?

Ill equipped China with starving Koreans forced you to a settlement in the Korean war. Is it not foolish of you to think that you can easily win against them?
The settlement was by our will, not forced upon US by China.

China still continues to defy US hegemony in the South China sea. And US can't do anything. What kind of impression does it have on close US ally Japan, you think?
And I can say the same about US defying China's claim to the entirety of the SCS. We sail as we see fit. Not a thing China can do about it.

What do you think Russia taking Crimea under US nose makes US looks like to it's western and NATO allies? Was any if this possible in the 90's?
Crimea ? Try taking France or Germany and see what happens.

Trump joining hands with Modi possibilities are more

Trump seems to be friendly with Russia and angry with China
People have poor memory.
Remember W Bush looking at Putin's eyes and saying he can be trusted? How did that worked out? ...... Russia attacked Georgia.

Remember Obama's "RESET". How did that worked out?.... Russia took Crimea and attacked Ukraine.

Now you have Trump's Russia "RESET" revision 3. Ha ha ha. Putin will eat Trump alive !!!!!

Last edited:

China was ardently Marxist during the Cold War, then after the spectacular and ignoble collapse of the Soviet Union, China radically changed. She had to, else she would suffer a similar fate. Spin all you want, but what is the Communist Party of China doing with a capitalist economy if not an admission of 'we screwed up big time' ? :lol:
How does it help US? Regardless of their ideology the continue to defy you. Even dirt poor North Korea doesn't give a damn about your warnings. Claiming the victory of changing Chinese ideology is something weird and I'm not sure how legitimate. But if it makes you feel good, let it be.

Please do not even try to lecture me about wars. I am USAF veteran of the Cold War (F-111) and Desert Storm (F-16).

I have no problems saying, with 100% confidence, that if there is a nuclear exchange between US and China, China will lose by way of sheer overwhelming warhead numerical superiority by US. You really think we have no plan for a nuclear war against China ?.

I don't get it. Falling from 100th floor or falling from 150th floor...which one is safer here? China has enough nukes ro destroy the planet like US does. There is no winner in a nuclear war between them.
And I can say the same about US defying China's claim to the entirety of the SCS.
For US it has been this way since WW2. For china it is something new. And by their reaction US seems indeed annoyed by it.
The settlement was by our will, not forced upon US by China.
Yeah US army were tired of fighting. So they left leaving half of Korea.

Crimea ? Try taking France or Germany and see what happens.

Seriously? You are talking about fighting wars for the countries which has the capability of taking care of themselves....while the guys actually need you i.e. Georgia, Ukraine you guys can't do a thing for them. You really like bragging, don't you?

How does it help US? Regardless of their ideology the continue to defy you. Even dirt poor North Korea doesn't give a damn about your warnings. Claiming the victory of changing Chinese ideology is something weird and I'm not sure how legitimate. But if it makes you feel good, let it be.
It helped US by showing that our ideology is superior. China can defy US all she want. We never anticipated China to become subservient to US in the first place. Is that what you think we believe ? :lol:

I don't get it. Falling from 100th floor or falling from 150th floor...which one is safer here? China has enough nukes ro destroy the planet like US does. There is no winner in a nuclear war between them.
No, China does not have enough nuclear weapons to 'destroy the planet'. That is just hyperbolic nonsense.

Yeah US army were tired of fighting. So they left leaving half of Korea.
Same can be said for the PLA. They just got tired. Their losses were horrific.

Seriously? You are talking about fighting wars for the countries which has the capability of taking care of themselves....while the guys actually need you i.e. Georgia, Ukraine you guys can't do a thing for them. You really like bragging, don't you?
And you really like cheering for China, do you ?

17039400_10154971458661678_142333613049516332_o.jpg

First, they have to cut the veterans' benefits completely. Those lazy bums with all their experiences should be at the front line and not idling around and spewing crap on the internet like gambit. Since the US education system is broken beyond repair, CNN, Fox and ther other alphabet broadcasters should become the prefered institutions of education for US citizens. If you are lazy, you should not have any rights to food, unemployment benefits and healthcare in the US. The benchmark should be 1 trillion USD for military spending. Full spectrum dominance, yeah!

This is YUUUUGE!

Impressive spending. If you add that veteran stuff (although I agree that money spent on them practically goes to waste), budget is already 700 billion and represents near 70% gov't spending.

And, despite all of this, against nuclear parity nations like China and Russia, the US is toothless as has been proven many times over.

If they really want to beat China and Russia and legitimize their military spending, they need to develop a skin thick enough to resist nuclear heat.

Yes, this is a Chinese century. Not an American one, not a European one and certainly not a an Injun one. By the way Mikey, are you anglo-saxon?

He is not. He is likely a British citizen of migrant origin. His writing is very poor for and (his writing pattern, logic, though flow are) uncharacteristic of a native Englishman.

Yes, this is a Chinese century. Not an American one, not a European one and certainly not a an Injun one. By the way Mikey, are you anglo-saxon?
Both British/French . Mixed.
All the best to Chinese century.:)

What's injun?

What's injun?

LOL! Really? Who you kidding?

He lacks that typical cheekyness of an the ordinary Englishman and that stiff upper lip of the upper class.

Something like that. The English have their 'quaintness' and the lower classes have a certain 'brashness' and 'detachment', and those in the UK with any understanding of the English psyche knows that Mikey is not an anglo-saxon.

Change is constant. Changing doesn't mean defeat. Only idiot Mullahs rules through the fear of Change. Changing or adopting according to time is more of a victory than a defeat.

Now coming to your second para....
Wars don't work like this. Not present day. An all out military conflict between USA & China will result in a mutual assured destruction. So, China is not in a position to win...but more importantly they won't be the ones to lose either.

Ill equipped China with starving Koreans forced you to a settlement in the Korean war. Is it not foolish of you to think that you can easily win against them?

China still continues to defy US hegemony in the South China sea. And US can't do anything. What kind of impression does it have on close US ally Japan, you think? What do you think Russia taking Crimea under US nose makes US looks like to it's western and NATO allies? Was any if this possible in the 90's?
Why will the U.S go to war with Russia over Crimea or Georgia? Both countries have never been and are not part of NATO. So the U.S isn't under any obligation to attack a country because of them. They can still supply weapons , aid, logistic, training and apply some sanctions at best, which is what they did. If a NATO member was attacked then yes they will be obliged to intervene directly. Japan and Philippines have a sea dispute with China, so U.S is under no obligation to go to war over a piece of land that is disputed by several countries. So I fail to see your point.

Moreover, since the Iraq and Afghanistan war, the U.S public has become very wary against unnecessary military intervention. Reason they reluctantly hit involved pushed by Britain and France in Libya, and refused to do so in Syria to topple the regime there. So another major war is probably unlikely anytime soon.

Moreover, I don't think any major nuclear powers (P5) will ever go to direct full scale war with each other. That's highly unlikely. At best it will be a proxy war or a limited conflict, never a full scale one.
In today's age, there are many ways to defeat a country without using direct military force. Just like the Soviet union was brought down not by a direct U.S attack but by other means.
People should calm down, there will be no major wars between big powers for a IMG time to come. There might be tough talk from some countries once in a while but that's it. :)

It is just a budget proposal and i think congress will have to reduce keeping in view stressed economy and joblessness.

Why will the U.S go to war with Russia over Crimea or Georgia? Both countries have never being and are not part of NATO. So the U.S isn't under any obligation to attack a country because of them. They can still supply weapons , aid, logistic, training and apply some sanctions at best, which is what they did. If a NATO member was attacked then yes they will be obliged to intervene directly. Japan and Philippines have a sea dispute with China, so U.S is under no obligation to go to war over a piece of land that is disputed by several countries. So I fail to see your point.

Moreover, since the Iraq and Afghanistan war, the U.S public has become very wary against unnecessary military intervention. Reason they reluctantly hit involved pushed by Britain and France in Libya, and refused to do so in Syria to topple the regime there. So another major war is probably unlikely anytime soon.

Moreover, I don't think any major nuclear powers (P5) will ever go to direct full scale war with each other. That's highly unlikely. At best it will be a proxy war or a limited conflict, never a full scale one.
In today's age, there are many ways to defeat a country without using direct military force. Just like the Soviet union was brought down not by a direct U.S attack but by other means.
People should calm down, there will be no major wars between big powers for a IMG time to come. There might be tough talk from some countries once in a while but that's it. :)
I agree. But Here US and the west criticize Russian action in Ukraine. US condemns China's doings in the South China Sea. But that's all they do. More like that's all they can do. US seems to be having some problem playing the world police. That's all I'm stating. I'm not saying that US is becoming an irrelevant country. It seems that they can't project their power all across the globe as good as they could 2 decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom